• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Rebuilding - Again

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Ross had other ideas.

There have been rumors that Brady was actually close to coming back and joining the Miami Dolphins, where he’d have teamed up with Sean Payton, who also retired this offseason after almost two decades coaching the New Orleans Saints.

That might sound farfetched, but Pro Football Talk, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe and others have since reported on the alleged details of the plan. Also, Colin Cowherd is buying that Brady almost wound up wearing aqua.

“You can put the things together now. We know it to be true,” Cowherd said. “It’s that Brady had a deal to go to the Miami Dolphins, like a Derek Jeter to the Marlins, be an owner, be a quarterback for a year, Sean Payton comes over…It was all in the works, then the [Brian Flores] lawsuit.
Not a
shock, the Dolphins screwed it up.”

From the Flores lawsuit:

This goes to show how dysfunctional the Dolphins are at the moment. Not only did they create such a toxic environment that they made Flores sue both the club and the league in a class-action suit, but their grand plan to replace him was to convince a 45-year-old quarterback and a guy who had coached for 15 straight years to unretire.
I heard somewhere that Brady and Manning were looking to become minority owners in the Dolphins, Brady play a year or 2 and him and Peyton maybe do some coaching or executive work

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Guys have an acl and folks givw them a pass for a year….also i dont think flores handled him well imho. Liked flores overall as a coach, otherwise
agree....some of these guys have some adjustments. It's not easy for some when everyone else is just as good as you. That hasn't been the situation for most until they're professional

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....some of these guys have some adjustments. It's not easy for some when everyone else is just as good as you. That hasn't been the situation for most until they're professional
Yup yup. I didnt see why flores felt the need to yank fitz when they were doing well…publicly back and switch to tua, then yank him in and out of games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup yup. I didnt see why flores felt the need to yank fitz when they were doing well…publicly back and switch to tua, then yank him in and out of games.
A long ass time ago, I also was a fan of a great organization. It's the blind leading the blind for most fans. Jerry was saying the other day after we lost 2 starting oline guys and two WR how he feels this team didn't get worse on paper. Funniest part, more Cowboy fans buy in to this than don't.

Onward through the Fog!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like tanking, no?
Nope. Not at all. He put fitz back in to win the games…
A long ass time ago, I also was a fan of a great organization. It's the blind leading the blind for most fans. Jerry was saying the other day after we lost 2 starting oline guys and two WR how he feels this team didn't get worse on paper. Funniest part, more Cowboy fans buy in to this than don't.

Onward through the Fog!
its like that alot of places now. All of us in pgh have no idea where this team is going. Weve been competitive for so long! But i hear yah i really do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Southieinnc remember when tua struggled the back half of that season. Flores kept taking him out towards the end of game and putting in fitz to close the game out or to engineer a come back

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. I said Miami has improved.
I just don't see it being enough to take you as far as you think.

I hope you realize that when you post about Patsies or cheatriots you make yourself look like a bitter, foolish loser?
Hey Everyone can have an opinion but again no one is saying Miami's a bowl favorite so not sure of your point. Talking about foolish you try to insinuate that adding proven NFL talent won't help a team get better especially one with a lot of youth needing guidance.

If patsies and cheatriots bother you blame your organization not me! Your team earned the nicknames...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Southieinnc remember when tua struggled the back half of that season. Flores kept taking him out towards the end of game and putting in fitz to close the game out or to engineer a come back
Yep the whole thing is ridiculous and media driven. Was the team rebuilding absolutely. They were garbage with no players one could argue that they over produced. Also how are you racist when you hired a black GM and HC? Flo is just grasping in my opinion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the whole thing is ridiculous and media driven. Was the team rebuilding absolutely. They were garbage with no players one could argue that they over produced. Also how are you racist when you hired a black GM and HC? Flo is just grasping in my opinion.
Honestly, i dont have an opinion on his case bc i hvent truly followed it. But no way you handle a young qb like that. Im also one who thinks u are paid millions u need to perform, rather quickly…but that was so blatantly handled just absurdly. Tua for his credit never blinked and and cheered, rooted everyone on etc. shows character to me.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, i dont have an opinion on his case bc i hvent truly followed it. But no way you handle a young qb like that. Im also one who thinks u are paid millions u need to perform, rather quickly…but that was so blatantly handled just absurdly. Tua for his credit never blinked and and cheered, rooted everyone on etc. shows character to me.
I fully believe that they went with Tua because of those intangibles. Herbert is obviously more naturally gifted but Tua wins. On get up a former player can't remember which one said you can rattle Herbert but Tua gets up and keeps coming. It will be interesting to see how he does with more talent around him now and healthy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully believe that they went with Tua because of those intangibles. Herbert is obviously more naturally gifted but Tua wins. On get up a former player can't remember which one said you can rattle Herbert but Tua gets up and keeps coming. It will be interesting to see how he does with more talent around him now and healthy.
I am much bigger tua believer than most. But i love his moxie.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am much bigger tua believer than most. But i love his moxie.
I have stuck up for Tua many times but FFF likes to tell me I'm wrong then bring up Tua.
I have no reason to believe that Tua is a problem.
Do I think the O-line is now good? - no.
Is Ross the worst owner in the league? No but 2nd worst is not bad.
I have never been pleased when I see a team throw around huge, long contracts. Just not me.
Some things I post, Fins fans don't like - I get that.

I have said many times that I thought Tua has been mismanaged. I'd like to see what he is capable of in a stable situation.
Even after this year, he will have played in a new program, with new coach, and even now the pressure is on to be "Marino or bust."

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua just needs to protect the football, be accurate, and pick up yards with his legs when nothing else is there. I’m next expecting downfield darts.