• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Rebuilding - Again

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Flores is fired and Joe Judge still has a job as of this moment. Can anyone explain this to me?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He disagreed with management and (more importantly) ownership.
Sounds like a little more than that. Slow start, kept churning through coordinators, some strange decisions, oline and offense in general stunted....final nail fighting with everyone including his QB. Titans game looked like they weren't ready and game plan flawed in cold rain with no adjustments.

I would have given him one more year but if they bring in an offensive minded HC with the D set there is no reason why they can't improve next season. Just need to fill a few holes and improve that oline. I would prefer a vet coach like Harbaugh, Pederson or Daboll looks ready.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is 5 1/2 years old and we should all be consigned to the reality that as long as Ross owns this team, they'll be rebuilding. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Flores will coach a team into the superbowl before the Dolphins get there with the stipulation that as Ross needs to own the Dolphins. That fuck might have money, but that doesn't mean he understands people or football.

I really do have a problem with people losing their job when they're fully competent. I've seen some incompetent asses coach football teams for the last 40 years and Flores isn't one of them...so F Ross and his butt buddy GM...don't know his name and don't care...they're both incompetent at what they're doing and this Flores is getting done wrong.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is 5 1/2 years old and we should all be consigned to the reality that as long as Ross owns this team, they'll be rebuilding. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Flores will coach a team into the superbowl before the Dolphins get there with the stipulation that as Ross needs to own the Dolphins. That fuck might have money, but that doesn't mean he understands people or football.

I really do have a problem with people losing their job when they're fully competent. I've seen some incompetent asses coach football teams for the last 40 years and Flores isn't one of them...so F Ross and his butt buddy GM...don't know his name and don't care...they're both incompetent at what they're doing and this Flores is getting done wrong.
I hear you Ross isn't the best owner but he does have an open check book. Otherwise he should just stay out of shit. As per Flo he's not spotless if you read my post above. I would have given him one more year to clean up some stuff but you can't keep going through coordinators like water. Defensively he was solid but there was a lot left by the wayside on offense and he never seemed to step in and fix it. Not hard to tell your OC to run the damn ball in the rain!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Ross isn't the best owner but he does have an open check book. Otherwise he should just stay out of shit. As per Flo he's not spotless if you read my post above. I would have given him one more year to clean up some stuff but you can't keep going through coordinators like water. Defensively he was solid but there was a lot left by the wayside on offense and he never seemed to step in and fix it. Not hard to tell your OC to run the damn ball in the rain!
Flores wanted Miami to draft Herbert in last years draft, but GM overrode him and chose Tua. Now you see Justin putting up basically double the no#s in tds and yards, and less injury prone and it started to burn on him inside, and that started the drift with Grier and Tua. Another swing and miss like Chicago did taking Trubs over Mahomes

Last edited:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See Washington rinse repeat

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But going thru HCs every two years on average, for two decades is smart in FFF football mind.

Some people just can't be learned.

Keep waving that company flag proudly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores wanted Miami to draft Herbert in last years draft, but GM overrode him and chose Tua. Now you see Justin putting up basically double the no#s in tds and yards, and less injury prone and it started to burn on him inside, and that started the drift with Grier and Tua. Another swing and miss like Chicago did taking Trubs over Mahomes
I hear ya Sunny but it was more than that. I'm hearing he went into a bit of a power trip similar to your OC in Denver. I would have given him one more year to fix that but maybe it wasn't salvageable. Besides no guarantee that Herbert would have put up those numbers in Miami. Flo kept a noose around the O's neck...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But going thru HCs every two years on average, for two decades is smart in FFF football mind.

Some people just can't be learned.

Keep waving that company flag proudly.
where did i say that clown? we obviously wanted him to succeed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Sunny but it was more than that. I'm hearing he went into a bit of a power trip similar to your OC in Denver. I would have given him one more year to fix that but maybe it wasn't salvageable. Besides no guarantee that Herbert would have put up those numbers in Miami. Flo kept a noose around the O's neck...
I was hoping he was different and would be the exception to Belichick's coaching tree where they all have failed. The Judges. McDaniels, OBrien's, Patricia's etc all have gone with that Belichick attitude towards players and has never been successful w/o having a Brady as QB. Bill just got to .5oo in NE w/o Brady and this is his first playoffss in NE and 2nd in 9 years as HC having other QB's, so obviously the Power trip is a big fail. The Pats players bought into it because Tom did, and they were wining and going to the SB every other year. Bill spent 250 mill in FA this off-season, and imo it will be a bust in they don't win on Saturday

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they will always have 72

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he was different and would be the exception to Belichick's coaching tree where they all have failed. The Judges. McDaniels, OBrien's, Patricia's etc all have gone with that Belichick attitude towards players and has never been successful w/o having a Brady as QB. Bill just got to .5oo in NE w/o Brady and this is his first playoffss in NE and 2nd in 9 years as HC having other QB's, so obviously the Power trip is a big fail. The Pats players bought into it because Tom did, and they were wining and going to the SB every other year. Bill spent 250 mill in FA this off-season, and imo it will be a bust in they don't win on Saturday
Yes I can agree Flo knows his D no doubt about it but you are correct the attitude doesn't always work. Some players/coaches don't mind it but some don't. He even turfed his own guys like Van Noy and past NE coordinators. He also had some bad luck with Tua going down and lost a few close ones or they'd be in. BB at least has a reliable OC and Flo never found that guy or was willing to give them enough to be successful. That last game they finally called a good game so I had hope but it's all for naught now unless they keep Boyer.