• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Buffalo Bills Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pumped from the win might as well get started on the thread for next week. Lets start the season with a 2-0 division record

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill throw to 7 different receivers in this game - something he had never done enough of in his career to this point. He now has the talent and options to spread the field and not key in on one player.

Lazor brought the best out of Tanehill and this entire offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slogan for this season is #stronger together.

Clearly, mental toughness is not a problem for this group . They showed it today. This is the type of game last season that would have gotten away from them.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for my fellow fins fans,

it seems that with this fan base, I dont just mean fins fans but s.fla fans as a whole , people like to place blame prematurely and often wrongfully but dont give credit when it is due.

My question to you is, will you give Hickey , Philbin and the rest of the fins front office and coaching staff the credit they deserve for this win as much as you would have blamed them for the loss?

I think this is the ultimate sign that it is the team who decides the game on the field - the coaches and front office can only do so much - they dont have control of much after the game starts

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question for my fellow fins fans,

it seems that with this fan base, I dont just mean fins fans but s.fla fans as a whole , people like to place blame prematurely and often wrongfully but dont give credit when it is due.

My question to you is, will you give Hickey , Philbin and the rest of the fins front office and coaching staff the credit they deserve for this win as much as you would have blamed them for the loss?

I think this is the ultimate sign that it is the team who decides the game on the field - the coaches and front office can only do so much - they dont have control of much after the game starts

I personally give the coaches as well as the players full credit...always have. But coaching in the NFL is huge if the coaches set the players up for failure with a bad game plan or call there's only so much that they can do. It also works in reverse if the coaches do set them up and the player(s) screw it up they should take the heat. Today for the most part there were a few mistakes on both sides but that just shows you how much potential they have. This was definitely not their best they can be so much better moving forward it excites me.

Next week will be a true character check as I fully believe that they should win. I don't care how they do it but they must pull out a win. Tanny needs to take what's there and not force it in and they should avoid the stupid mistakes...he did a great job of this in the second half. :suds:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved watching post-game interviews after the game, they all were happy with the win but they are clearly not satisfied with their performance , and expect and want more...

They scored 33 points and yet they feel they didnt play up to par... that should worry every opponent on their schedule.

In other news, the Cheatriots are in last place and that is great.

Brady said he will continue to play until he sucks - he is on his way to sucking

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gona be tough game in Buffalo, they handled the Bears fairly easy today.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gona be tough game in Buffalo, they handled the Bears fairly easy today.

I think that the key will be better oline play that killed them last year against the bills. If they can control the line they will win. I feel better today than I did yesterday...cant wait! plus it's my birthday next Sunday all I want is a win!:suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Fins are planning for a 5-2 look on D. This will not only protect the LB's but also make it hard for the bills to run and manual will have a hard time scrambling. Get your best players on the field too! Once some of the LB's get healthy they'll be able to throw out various packages to confuse the other team. I like it!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 5-2 defense appeared to totally surprise the Pats & they could never adjust to it. It was a huge win for the Fins. A lot of players had to step up & make plays. The LB's played well as a group even with all the injuries. The Fins' Dline had a great game & that always helps the overall defense. The secondary looks more than capable. The coaches deserve credit also for the win. The offense got 33 points & they didn't even play their best game. Moreno is a great addition for the Fins. He seems to make the most of every carry. He was a great signing by the team. The Fins Oline is much better than last year. It was a great call with the pass to L. Miller for the TD. There was no way Rob Ninkovich was going to cover Miller on that play. Wallace is showing how valuable that he can be as an all around WR, not just the deep threat. On to the Bills: The Bills will try to line up & overpower the Fins with the running game, however, if/when the Fins stop the run then the Bills will become one dimensional like the Pats were in the 2nd half. This will be a stout test for the Fins' excellent Dline. The Fins offense is playing with confidence because they know they have a lot of talent & very good coaching. They are capable of moving the ball and scoring points. Go Fins!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope McCain is OK as he's a nice wildcard to have especially with Tripp out. Man this is frustrating as its all one position. I guess it could be worse and be the whole oline...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of injuries for the Fins - But the fans and team must keep their heads up. Next man up. And lets get the job done. Still a quality team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly I think that they can overcome most of these injuries. They will definitely have to continue with their balanced attack as the bills D will surely be a little stouter in the run D but I can see the pass being there all day and the weather not being a factor.

On D stopping the run is key. Make manual win the game with his arm and ball hawk him!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Wheeler and McCain back we'll need both of them. If anything they're both candidates for a sack! Can't wait for the game...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep up with the news about the new drug policy in the NFL -- it could mean Dion Jordan and Jones are off suspension - whether they play or not is a different story

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that if anything they wouldn't get off until Monday and it depends on what type of drugs they used. I'd expect next week which would be great!