• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2023 Off-Season Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be elated to get Cook. I thought he was better than D. Henry in college, even though Henry won the Heisman over him that season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook excelled in a Florida HS & college. Also, he's been a top talent in the NFL. I am sure that he would love to play here. He could win with the Fins. The offense is stacked with talent. It would probably prolong his career. The Fins have a balanced offense and depth at RB.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Wynn has been a solid OT at LT and RT. That's why he was a starter since 2019 for the Pats. Further proof was the over 10 million the Pats paid him last year. You are fooling yourself if you don't see his talent. His issue has been staying healthy but it's a one year contract and he's only 27 years old. He will either win the RT spot or be a very good backup OT.

This is a very good signing for the Fins. As you said, see you in week 2. There is a good chance the Pats will start off 0 and 2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Wynn has been a solid OT at LT and RT. That's why he was a starter since 2019 for the Pats. Further proof was the over 10 million the Pats paid him last year. You are fooling yourself if you don't see his talent. His issue has been staying healthy but it's a one year contract and he's only 27 years old. He will either win the RT spot or be a very good backup OT.

This is a very good signing for the Fins. As you said, see you in week 2. There is a good chance the Pats will start off 0 and 2.
I stood up for Wynn too many times to see his effort fall of in 2022 after we carried him for years.
He was not a complete bust of a #1 pick but a player that could not stay on the field and failed during big games. I wish him well. Last yeat was tough for him like all Patriots offensive players. Maybe coaching was the problem last year but that was not the issue previously.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynn will be a terrific backup option at LT and could take Eich's spot if the OG doesn't improve. Wynn, has less experience at RT however he played there last year. It was his first year on that side so it was a learning experience.

Cedric O has been signed. He has more experience at RT and more success on that side of the line. He could become Jackson's greatest competition.

I am feeling a lot better about the Fin's Oline after these new additions.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynn will be a terrific backup option at LT and could take Eich's spot if the OG doesn't improve. Wynn, has less experience at RT however he played there last year. It was his first year on that side so it was a learning experience.

Cedric O has been signed. He has more experience at RT and more success on that side of the line. He could become Jackson's greatest competition.

I am feeling a lot better about the Fin's Oline after these new additions.
"Wynn fell off a cliff in his final season with the Patriots.

Granted, his entire run with the team was marred with injuries, but there were moments when he flashed franchise starting potential. But throughout the 2022 season, he struggled with penalties and pass blocking.

According to Pro Football Focus, his overall pass-blocking grade for the year was 52.8 with his worst game coming against the Cleveland Browns, when he had a 5.0 grade."

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Wynn fell off a cliff in his final season with the Patriots.

Granted, his entire run with the team was marred with injuries, but there were moments when he flashed franchise starting potential. But throughout the 2022 season, he struggled with penalties and pass blocking.

According to Pro Football Focus, his overall pass-blocking grade for the year was 52.8 with his worst game coming against the Cleveland Browns, when he had a 5.0 grade."
He was at RT last year. He was a good LT for the Pats. Injuries were the issue with him.

I wouldn't mind if he is a swing OT. When Armstead didn't play at LT the Oline fell apart last year. Also, as I mentioned they could decide to play him at OG if that's best for the team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was at RT last year. He was a good LT for the Pats. Injuries were the issue with him.

I wouldn't mind if he is a swing OT. When Armstead didn't play at LT the Oline fell apart last year. Also, as I mentioned they could decide to play him at OG if that's best for the team.
I had suggested keeping him as a swing tackle on NE board. That was roundly criticized.
He played at guard for a stetch but was benched for poor play.
He started 7 games last year - that should fit nicely with Armstead usually not playing a full season.

I see Jackson losing his job at RT and Armstead playing LT until he gets hurt with Wynn helping you miss the playoffs in the 2nd half of the season.
Your O-line is still a mess and will get Tua killed.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had suggested keeping him as a swing tackle on NE board. That was roundly criticized.
He played at guard for a stetch but was benched for poor play.
He started 7 games last year - that should fit nicely with Armstead usually not playing a full season.

I see Jackson losing his job at RT and Armstead playing LT until he gets hurt with Wynn helping you miss the playoffs in the 2nd half of the season.
Your O-line is still a mess and will get Tua killed.
Like I mentioned the Pats will be in 3rd or 4th place in the AFC East. The Fins have a legit chance to win the division.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned the Pats will be in 3rd or 4th place in the AFC East. The Fins have a legit chance to win the division.
Not going to happen with that O-line.
You've got everything else going the right way.
What is with taking a 3rd or 4th place teams rejects?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen with that O-line.
You've got everything else going the right way.
What is with taking a 3rd or 4th place teams rejects

I don't think that either of us is going to change our minds. We will see how the season unfolds.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has potential, however, he's unproven at RT. Injuries haven't helped his development.

Tua is bigger and stronger. There is a lot of talent and speed on the roster at WR and RB. The offense could really be special.
On defense, there is also a lot of talent. IMO though the biggest addition of the Fins offseason was landing Fangio.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has potential, however, he's unproven at RT. Injuries haven't helped his development.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook is released from Vikings, should Fins go after?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Fins should go for it. Cook is a complete RB. The Fins have enough talent to be legit contenders and they have the salary cap room to make it happen.
Cook wants to play for the Fins for a number of reasons. He's from South FL, tax benefits, and he knows the Fins are a team on the rise.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Fins should go for it. Cook is a complete RB. The Fins have enough talent to be legit contenders and they have the salary cap room to make it happen.
Cook wants to play for the Fins for a number of reasons. He's from South FL, tax benefits, and he knows the Fins are a team on the rise.
I'd only grab him if he drops his price for Miami. He would be their top RB but it's not like they suck with who they already have.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook excelled in a Florida HS & college. Also, he's been a top talent in the NFL. I am sure that he would love to play here. He could win with the Fins. The offense is stacked with talent. It would probably prolong his career. The Fins have a balanced offense and depth at RB.