• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's improvemenrs? They brought in a top 6 year veteran receiver this year, just like last year. Will Fuller got 4 receptions and 0 TD's

They brought in a top, OT that is a 9 year veteran who averages 8 games per year.

They have mortgaged their future by giving up there draft picks and giving huge long contracts.

They fired the 1st winning coach they have seen since Ross bought the team.

They bring back the same worst in NFL O-line that added an expensive OT that they know will likely not play half the games for next 5 years!

They hired a head coach with no experience with the Fins and no experience as a head coach. He is on a learner's permit.

They are going to have to rewrite their top defender's contract for the 3rd year in a row......

I could keep going. They are making quicker decisions than the Patriots!
-So Fuller compares to Hill now...bahaha!
-So it's guaranteed that Armstead won't play most of the season gotcha. How about the wing nut the patsies brought back no one in the league wanted him.
-They gave up 29 and a 2nd for one of the top WR's then a bunch of late picks. That's mortgaging their future? The contracts are also front loaded.
-A coach that couldn't keep his staff together and tried to take control of everything even when his FA signings and draft picks were questioned.
-They added one of the top LT and highly ranked LG. The rest of the young guys are young and most likely improving now that the pressure is off. I guess in patsieland they write of 23 year olds....
-Highly regarded coach who is inexperienced yes but you have to start somewhere. He is very experienced in the league though and look at the staff he was able to bring in far superior to what Flo ever did.
-Rewrite a contract? That's all that you have? Seriously? Happens all the time....
-You should worry about where all of the patsies cap space went and who the hell do they have at WR? Lost their top lock down CB and brought in a has been. I could go on and on and on...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep this in mind, Hill may not be the Hill as he was in he past?? Fins have a history of getting a WR that is on the down side of career, thinking they are still in their prime.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep this in mind, Hill may not be the Hill as he was in he past?? Fins have a history of getting a WR that is on the down side of career, thinking they are still in their prime.
I don't think so he's still young enough and even if he's slightly not as good it's still damn good!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go on and on and on...
"It was a tough year for most especially rookies I don't fault the kid at all. Injury or no injury but I'm glad that he got his feet wet. He'll know what to expect next season and have more time to prepare. The team around him should be a lot better as the oline was young and they've added some good depth all over the lineup in FA. Fuller will help a lot and they're not done yet. I don't know if they'll hit their stride completely next year but they should be better"

"Even if they don't draft a 1st round WR I think they'll be ok as they already added Fuller"

Sound familiar?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill just turned 28. For a WR he is in his prime. Also, the Fins can spread the ball around and preserve his career. The Fins have other great playmakers. It only takes one play for Hill to make a big difference in a game.

I think we will see more yards after catch from Waddle. Defenses can't focus on him now. I like that Waddle can learn from Hill since they have similar strengths. Welker has some great talent to coach. Welker knows how to get open and make plays from his playing days.

All of the Fins players have a better environment to succeed including the Oline. Part of the reason that Armstead was brought in is his experience.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was a tough year for most especially rookies I don't fault the kid at all. Injury or no injury but I'm glad that he got his feet wet. He'll know what to expect next season and have more time to prepare. The team around him should be a lot better as the oline was young and they've added some good depth all over the lineup in FA. Fuller will help a lot and they're not done yet. I don't know if they'll hit their stride completely next year but they should be better"

"Even if they don't draft a 1st round WR I think they'll be ok as they already added Fuller"

Sound familiar?
Again after a horrible start because there was a lot of youth on the roster they grew and ended strong. Holland for example I would expect him to start like he ended this year. This year they actually bolstered the oline with two pretty good vets. I was very clear in what I said I don't know if they'll hit their stride completely next year but they should be better. One could argue I was pretty much dead on unless you view things through your patsie glasses. Of course injuries can derail any teams season so not much you can do there Fuller barely played.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kept their promise and resigned X I love it. Hopefully it will open up more cap and is front loaded. Fill a few more holes and giddy up!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have kept their best players this off-season. Plus they have some good young talent on defense that could improve in their second year; Phillips and Holland. When you combine the continuity on defense with the talented additions that they added on offense, this Fins team will be formidable.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have kept their best players this off-season. Plus they have some good young talent on defense that could improve in their second year; Phillips and Holland. When you combine the continuity on defense with the talented additions that they added on offense, this Fins team will be formidable.
Yes agreed and the key point is young and improving. Everyone has written off Iggy and Jackson but they were some of the youngest players in the draft still learning. I bet at least one of them steps up next year.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed and the key point is young and improving. Everyone has written off Iggy and Jackson but they were some of the youngest players in the draft still learning. I bet at least one of them steps up next year.
I read Jackson and Eichenberg will compete to start at RT. Hunt could play RG or RT. He may be at his best at RG.

On a different note: Parker was traded to the Pats for a 3rd in 2023. The Pats get a 5th this year also in the deal. It will clear some cap space for the Fins. Perhaps they have a veteran center in mind. RE the 2023 draft the Fins still have 2 first rounders plus the additional 3rd round pick.

WR Preston Williams has plenty of talent to fill the void of Parker leaving if he can stay healthy.

Tua seems to prefer getting the ball to guys when they are more open rather than 50/50 balls. I think in the Fins offense guys will be more open due to the team speed and play calling.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Jackson and Eichenberg will compete to start at RT. Hunt could play RG or RT. He may be at his best at RG.

On a different note: Parker was traded to the Pats for a 3rd in 2023. The Pats get a 5th this year also in the deal. It will clear some cap space for the Fins. Perhaps they have a veteran center in mind. RE the 2023 draft the Fins still have 2 first rounders plus the additional 3rd round pick.

WR Preston Williams has plenty of talent to fill the void of Parker leaving if he can stay healthy.

Tua seems to prefer getting the ball to guys when they are more open rather than 50/50 balls. I think in the Fins offense guys will be more open due to the team speed and play calling.
Parker has $0 guaranteed money. We lose nothing ithis year if we cut him before June..
The 3rd we gave will be replaced by a comp pick.

I hope he shows at camp with a healthy hammy, many a career has been ruined by hammies
I project him as a #3 in NE, nice if he turns into a #2 but Patriots need a true #1. Don't see us getting that lucky in this draft.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Davis of USA Today Sports seems to believe that these changes are not enough to move them out of the bottom five teams in the AFC and the bottom half of the NFL. In fact, in his latest power rankings, he has the Dolphins at No. 21, moving up just one spot from just after the Super Bowl.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Davis of USA Today Sports seems to believe that these changes are not enough to move them out of the bottom five teams in the AFC and the bottom half of the NFL. In fact, in his latest power rankings, he has the Dolphins at No. 21, moving up just one spot from just after the Super Bowl.
How many experts predicted that the Fins would sweep the Pats last year? You put a lot of stock in their opinions. Let's see how it plays out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many experts predicted that the Fins would sweep the Pats last year? You put a lot of stock in their opinions. Let's see how it plays out.
I just posted it without comment.
My post is coming when I post your schedule with wins and losses.

You'd think I have some credibility when I successfully predicted a 1-4 start and bouncing back later in the season?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker has $0 guaranteed money. We lose nothing ithis year if we cut him before June..
The 3rd we gave will be replaced by a comp pick.

I hope he shows at camp with a healthy hammy, many a career has been ruined by hammies
I project him as a #3 in NE, nice if he turns into a #2 but Patriots need a true #1. Don't see us getting that lucky in this draft.....
He will likely be healthy in June.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will likely be healthy in June.
good to hear. No guaranteed money so I'm not worried.
We cannot afford another non-performing WR. I guess we could IR him if he looks good but is not ready.

I'm worried that Agholor is still a #5 WR and not the #2 the NFL expected nor the #1 that NE paid for..
You get to keep the $5 million dead money on Parker.
If we cut Agholor, he costs us $10 million in dead money-pretty bad contract!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At first I was please don't trade with those bastard patsies but we sent them a potential poison pill. As soon as they rely on him he will get injured. Feel bad for the guy but that's what has happened. Lots of draft capital in 2023 now!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably a patsie but love it keep up the underdog status. ...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was please don't trade with those bastard patsies but we sent them a potential poison pill. As soon as they rely on him he will get injured. Feel bad for the guy but that's what has happened. Lots of draft capital in 2023 now!
That might help with the rebuild!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might help with the rebuild!
More like it will put them over the top! If Tua isn't the guy they'll be able to go get whoever they want but if Tua is the guy then they'll be able to fill all of their remaining holes and go for the bowl.