• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I think that your hopes of the Pats getting to the Super Bowl went down the drain when Brady left.

You are talking shit on a Fins board. You do realize the Pats in last game of the season gave up 7 straight touchdowns. That's a problem. That was when the Pats had JC Jackson. He was their best CB and he is gone.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I think that your hopes of the Pats getting to the Super Bowl went down the drain when Brady left.

You are talking shit on a Fins board. You do realize the Pats in last game of the season gave up 7 straight touchdowns. That's a problem. That was when the Pats had JC Jackson. He was their best CB and he is gone.
I like most of the Miami fan posters. It is a forum and Dolphins are rivals.

Dolphins have added some good players and that should help the rebuild. FFF saying their headed to the SB? Priceless!
Patriots are rebuilding too. You like your team, I like mine.
Soon I will predict the Dolphins wins and losses by each game. You will likely disagree.
By now, you should be able to tell when I'm trolling or when I'm serious?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like it will put them over the top! If Tua isn't the guy they'll be able to go get whoever they want but if Tua is the guy then they'll be able to fill all of their remaining holes and go for the bowl.

Buffalo Bills
+650

New England Patriots

+3500

Miami Dolphins
+3500

New York Jets
+13000

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills
+650

New England Patriots

+3500

Miami Dolphins
+3500

New York Jets
+13000
I've said many times that this coming season the Fins are expected to make the playoffs and who knows. Next season especially if Tua is the guy they can use those 2 firsts instead to upgrade the roster even further and take some bowl shots. Didn't guarantee a bowl victory like you dream about on your patsie bed sheets but I'm pretty confident they will be in the talk.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like it will put them over the top! If Tua isn't the guy they'll be able to go get whoever they want but if Tua is the guy then they'll be able to fill all of their remaining holes and go for the bowl.
There is already talk about Dolphins going to the Superbowl.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle and Hill are in the national media regarding a race between the two. Does it really matter who is faster other than an individual ego thing? The point of having them both on the roster along with other speed burners like Mostert is that while playing together they cause matchup problems for the defense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle and Hill are in the national media regarding a race between the two. Does it really matter who is faster other than an individual ego thing? The point of having them both on the roster along with other speed burners like Mostert is that while playing together they cause matchup problems for the defense.
Or the vet, Hill is taking Waddle under his wing? "This is how to get some media attention"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a video of Hill practicing with Tua. It is something special to see how quickly that he can get open. Waddle is like that too. It will be like defenses having to cover two Wes Welkers in their prime at the same time. In addition, WR Wilson flourished last year for the Cowboys when paired with other playmakers.

The Fins offense will be hard to handle. That's just the WRs. There is also talent at RB and TE for the Fins.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a video of Hill practicing with Tua. It is something special to see how quickly that he can get open. Waddle is like that too. It will be like defenses having to cover two Wes Welkers in their prime at the same time. In addition, WR Wilson flourished last year for the Cowboys when paired with other playmakers.

The Fins offense will be hard to handle. That's just the WRs. There is also talent at RB and TE for the Fins.
Waddle is a better receiver than Welker. He is or will become better than Hill, health provided.
You let go Welker. Let me know if you decide to part with Waddle!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddle is a better receiver than Welker. He is or will become better than Hill, health provided.
You let go Welker. Let me know if you decide to part with Waddle!

Of course Waddle and Hill have more talent. That said, when the Pats needed a first down Welker consistently got open and made a play.

Waddle is and will be a dolphin!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that he is able to be objective. Willie McGinest also sees the Fins as the better team.

Teddy Bruschi thinks that the Pats will make the playoffs but not the Fins. His logic is Tua can't throw it to Hill deep. Anyone that has seen Hill play knows that he has different ways to make big plays. Furthermore, the Oline will give Tua more time plus the running game will be better. Tua won a national championship in college with a deep throw. Tua can make those throws but he won't have to force the ball with McDaniel's offense.

We will see who is right with their predictions.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins signed Sony Michel. This is a great group of RBs. If Michel gets a SB with Miami that would be with 3 different teams. How many players have done that? I don't think it happens often. Michel was the top rusher with the SB champion Rams.

The Fins RB depth chart will be unbelievable. Edmonds, Michel and Mostert are the top 3. The depth after them is also very good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins signed Sony Michel. This is a great group of RBs. If Michel gets a SB with Miami that would be with 3 different teams. How many players have done that? I don't think it happens often. Michel was the top rusher with the SB champion Rams.

The Fins RB depth chart will be unbelievable. Edmonds, Michel and Mostert are the top 3. The depth after them is also very good.
You're getting ahead of yourself. This is the time of year to be enthusiastic and very hopeful - but Superbowl???????

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. The Fins are going to prove it. I am not guaranteeing a SB. That said, there is a lot more talent on the team than last year. This isn't a bunch of rookies either. The additions are proven, veterans.

I will predict, at the very least, that the Fins will take one of the top two spots in the AFC East and make the playoffs as division champs or as a wildcard. I can see a scenario where the Pats miss the playoffs. They are the third-best team in the division after this offseason. The Pats secondary is weaker this year. That's not ideal with the talent of the Bills and Fins at WR.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typo: The Fins are going "to have" to prove it on the field. Teams don't get trophies during the off-season.

I have always thought that when the Fins start winning again it will steamroll. Half the players in the league either live in FL as their primary residence or have second homes here. There is so much local talent. For example, Sony Michel is coming home. He is one of the many who played at a local HS here in S. FL. The Fins already have great weather in the offseason and are tax-free destinations to offer FAs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. The Fins are going to prove it. I am not guaranteeing a SB. That said, there is a lot more talent on the team than last year. This isn't a bunch of rookies either. The additions are proven, veterans.

I will predict, at the very least, that the Fins will take one of the top two spots in the AFC East and make the playoffs as division champs or as a wildcard. I can see a scenario where the Pats miss the playoffs. They are the third-best team in the division after this offseason. The Pats secondary is weaker this year. That's not ideal with the talent of the Bills and Fins at WR.
Why not? This is the season of hope and promise for a fan.
Dolphins improved, you should be excited!

Basing it on the Patriots not improving is sketchy to me.
This of course, is my season of hope and promise too!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up Tannehill's record with the Fins. I was thinking it would be around .500 since the team seemed to be 8-8 every year. He actually had a losing record of 42 and 46. This isn't a knock on Tannehill. He had mediocre talent and coaching to work with.

Tua is a winner. 13 and 8 record so far. People hyper focus on his deep throws. What I noticed when he joined the Fins is his pocket presence. It is very good. I have seen it when he practices and in games. This year will be interesting because the Fins have given him much more to work with in terms of productive teammates and coaches. Let's go Fins!