• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what the Fins are doing this offseason. They added good RBs, a starting WR and OG, FB, and an excellent backup QB.

There are olineman on the Fins who were maulers in college and have underperformed in the NFL. I wont be surprised if we see these young linemen improve with better coaching.

On defense the Fins have kept their best players and the DC. The defense will be good again with the potential to be great.

I would like to see a starting veteran RT added or possibly a center. Other than that it has been mission accomplished.

In the draft the Fins will have some good options to meet needs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is that the Fins are pursuing LT Armstead. He is the best free agent available and has been since free agency started. He is an excellent LT. Hunt has played RT. Eichenburg would also compete for the spot if Armstead is signed.

RT Collins hasn't signed so he is still a possibility.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James White has 3 Superbowl rings!
How does that help them next year as he slows down and is broken? Fins have Mostert on a one year prove it deal he'll either sink or swim. It wouldn't shock me if he kills it next year in Miami. ..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor is that the Fins are pursuing LT Armstead. He is the best free agent available and has been since free agency started. He is an excellent LT. Hunt has played RT. Eichenburg would also compete for the spot if Armstead is signed.

RT Collins hasn't signed so he is still a possibility.
Yes one of those OT's would be great. There are also a few next tier OT's that would be cheaper and could help as well. I just think a vet would push the younger players to be their best so it would be a good idea to grab one of them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that help them next year as he slows down and is broken? Fins have Mostert on a one year prove it deal he'll either sink or swim. It wouldn't shock me if he kills it next year in Miami. ..
Could happen to any player in the NFL.

Will not surprise me if Mostert excels in Miami.
Your hypocrisy is laughable.

2 running backs - both with talent and the same age.
Ours will crash and burn and yours will lead the NFL?

We are paying half as much for White and it;s a bigger risk? Take off your teal colored glasses!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could happen to any player in the NFL.

Will not surprise me if Mostert excels in Miami.
Your hypocrisy is laughable.

2 running backs - both with talent and the same age.
Ours will crash and burn and yours will lead the NFL?

We are paying half as much for White and it;s a bigger risk? Take off your teal colored glasses!
It's two years he's already slowed down and was injured that's three strikes. Maybe he'll be fine but Mostert is on a one year no risk and still has speed lots of speed. Tell me who's wearing the patsy glasses....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two years he's already slowed down and was injured that's three strikes. Maybe he'll be fine but Mostert is on a one year no risk and still has speed lots of speed. Tell me who's wearing the patsy glasses....
2019 great year.
2020 Cam Newton down year for whole team.
2021 3 games played.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching interviews of the new players. Trent Sherfield is an easy guy to root for. You can see how hungry that he is to prove himself on special teams and at WR and help the team. I can understand why the team brought him in. The team could use another special teams ace with Hollins gone.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching interviews of the new players. Trent Sherfield is an easy guy to root for. You can see how hungry that he is to prove himself on special teams and at WR and help the team. I can understand why the team brought him in. The team could use another special teams ace with Hollins gone.
Good to hear even better would be an Armstead signing! Waiting patiently here...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the signing, I don't think Armstead has ever played a full season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he is healthy he is elite. Hopefully he can stay on the field and make an impact.

Andrew Whitworth played until he was 40 so it's not impossible. Armstead is 30.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will eat up the rest of your cap.
Do you have other contracts you can save money on?
Lot's they can shave another 20 M easily if they wanted and restructure X and Jones to create more cap. They may go after Tretter.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he is healthy he is elite. Hopefully he can stay on the field and make an impact.

Andrew Whitworth played until he was 40 so it's not impossible. Armstead is 30.
Plus the contract is far better than anyone would have thought. Grier did well....very well. No risk no reward! The whole oline will benefit also from his experience. Apparently great locker room presence too.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the contract is far better than anyone would have thought. Grier did well....very well. No risk no reward! The whole oline will benefit also from his experience. Apparently great locker room presence too.

Grier has been responsible with the contracts this off-season and previously. I am glad that Ross kept him.

The Oline will be better than we have seen in a long time. OG Williams is an excellent talent also.

If the Fins land Center Trettor then we will see a drastic improvement.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the signing, I don't think Armstead has ever played a full season.
He can help you get more wins in 10 games than the rest of your LT's can get in 17......
5 years, $75 million. Where'd you get the money? Contract should be interesting.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR T. Hill has become available in a trade. I am hearing the Jets and Fins are the front runners. Could you imagine him paired with Waddle and the other skill players on the roster?!

The Fins might have to choose between a veteran center like Trettor and Hill. It would have to be a special rookie center to step in week 1. The Fins could decide to draft the best available center and play him when he's ready a few games into the season. (Unless they think they are ok now at center)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill to the Dolphins for several picks — another move the Dolphins will regret throwing picks away on — not a knock on Hill . But neither this move or the Armstead move will change anything unless the Dolphins get a QB — they are just setting up for more failure .