• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much longer is it going to take Connor Williams to get the shotgun snap corrected?

Hey Mark, that is an excellent question and one that I would think would be concerning to the Dolphins. Now, let me point out that not one of the bad snaps has gone completely over the head of the quarterback, but there have been too many where either Tua or Teddy have had to reach up to grab the ball and that affects the timing of whatever play is called. So my answer is it better be soon or the Dolphins are going to have to start thinking about finding a new center and moving Williams back to guard.
Plenty of time to figure it out and Deiter is still here he's just dealing with a foot injury. That ultimately may be the plan anyway.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking the Connor Williams at center idea. He may not have much starting center experience but he has plenty of NFL experience. In addition, Williams is known for his strength in the running game. He could also give the QB more time. Williams is known for his high IQ. That's important at center.

This is the Olineup from what I have gathered so far. All of the guys have NFL experience. It's very different from a bunch of rookies in years past.

Armstead LT, Eichenberg LG, Williams center, Hunter RG, Jackson at RT

That is an improvement from last season.

The backup talent on the oline is solid.

On a different note: I am glad the Fins landed DeVonte Dedmon. I am thinking that he will prove to be a good kick off and punt returner.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson looking pretty good tonight especially for his first game. Not forcing anything taking what's there.running only when needed.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson looking pretty good tonight especially for his first game. Not forcing anything taking what's there.running only when needed.
Agreed, great game for Thompson. He's got good composure for a rookie QB. He made a lot of really good decisions.

Sanders played like a champ. He was a big part of the win with 4 for 4 FGs.

Several WRs played well. One of the plays that really stood out to me was EZ's yards after catch play. He plays strong.
Bowden JR had a great game. There are a list of WRs for the Fins who caught every target they had; Sanu, Wilson, and Sherfield among others. The TEs showed good hands also Conner & Gesicki It's a really good group of pass cathers overall. That type of play really helps the QB.

The Fins looked well coached in the game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, great game for Thompson. He's got good composure for a rookie QB. He made a lot of really good decisions.

Sanders played like a champ. He was a big part of the win with 4 for 4 FGs.

Several WRs played well. One of the plays that really stood out to me was EZ's yards after catch play. He plays strong.
Bowden JR had a great game. There are a list of WRs for the Fins who caught every target they had; Sanu, Wilson, and Sherfield among others. The TEs showed good hands also Conner & Gesicki It's a really good group of pass cathers overall. That type of play really helps the QB.

The Fins looked well coached in the game.
Agreed and you are right HC looked stooked not out of his element. This guy looked smart.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe the Fins landed an offensive guru in McDaniel. Combined with the talent on both sides of the ball, the Fins will be formidable.

I am thinking Holland will prove to be one of the top safeties in the NFL. Grier deserves credit. Boyer and the other coaches are developing talent well.

It will be interesting to see if the Fins play more of their top talent in game 2. I am wondering if Tua will see some playing time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe the Fins landed an offensive guru in McDaniel. Combined with the talent on both sides of the ball, the Fins will be formidable.

I am thinking Holland will prove to be one of the top safeties in the NFL. Grier deserves credit. Boyer and the other coaches are developing talent well.

It will be interesting to see if the Fins play more of their top talent in game 2. I am wondering if Tua will see some playing time.
Yes Holland is looking great which is nice to see as well as SS Jones. They are young and improving.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looks the part.
He is still a 1st time head coach.
The question is will it take a year?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks the part.
He is still a 1st time head coach.
The question is will it take a year?

Josh Boyer is an excellent defensive coach from the Patriots. Plus the team brought back all the defensive starters. Most of the time a rookie HC has to deal with big coaching changes on both sides of the ball and a lot of player changes. McDaniel has been able to focus more on the offense. He is well prepared. He has chosen his coaching staff well. I am thinking it will take less time than usual for him to succeed. Also, Tua and others have worked hard to learn the system that he wants to run on offense

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Boyer is an excellent defensive coach from the Patriots. Plus the team brought back all the defensive starters. Most of the time a rookie HC has to deal with big coaching changes on both sides of the ball and a lot of player changes. McDaniel has been able to focus more on the offense. He is well prepared. He has chosen his coaching staff well. I am thinking it will take less time than usual for him to succeed. Also, Tua and others have worked hard to learn the system that he wants to run on offense
Again, he looks the part.
Will he make zero mistakes? a few? more than a few? A lot?
We don't know yet. I don't see him falling on his face but a few key injuries could add a lot of pressure.
Pressure can cause mistakes!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts after two preseason games:

I would use next year's number one draft pick on a CB. The Fins need another top talent on the outside at CB. The success of the season will have a lot to do with the health of the top three Howard, Jones, and Needham. They are excellent when healthy. Crossen seemed to be in tight coverage from what I saw. The Fins may need some of these depth guys to step up if needed.

Overall the defense played really well. They gave up only 13 points to a good Raiders offense.

I am feeling good about the Fins at QB. Tua was playing without his top two WRs last night. When he has his full arsenal, the team will be fine.

Bridgewater is solid although the safety play was not what you would expect from him. He has to get rid of the ball sooner when he runs out of the pocket. He looks elusive overall though and he made some accurate throws.

Thompson looked great again. Thompson has shown too much already. Unless you are willing to cut Bridgewater you have to keep three QBs on the roster. He will get poached if not. Brady was a backup before he started. Thompson should be next year's backup QB.

The RBs didn't have great stats but I saw some good runs and effort. I think that it will be different when all of the starters are playing and run blocking.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few more thoughts:

I like Bowden Jr. as a returner. This will allow the starters to focus on making plays on offense.

I think EZ E has earned a top 3 or 4 WR spot. The Fins will have some tough decisions to make at WR.
Cracraft and Sherfield seem to find ways to get open in zone coverage. Teams will want to play zone coverages against the Fins to counter the speed of Waddle and Hill.

I would like to see more of RB White in the next game. I see some talent in him. The Fins are deep at the position with veterans but they may want to keep White for the future.

The Fins seem to have some good depth on the defensive line. There were a number of guys stepping up and making plays. Gustin and Jenkins come to mind.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A $10 million TE who can't block is not going to help your 30th ranked O-line much.

"If Gesicki can't improve as a blocker, McDaniel should find a way to utilize him as a slot receiver predominantly. And if that isn’t feasible, or with the number of new Dolphins receivers in the mix, the team should move him."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"your 30th ranked O-line much"

This year's Oline will be nothing like last year's. The Fins added two quality veteran starters and the coaches are different.

LOSER: Offensive line

"Miami’s big men up front continue to have a problem creating holes for the running backs. It didn’t matter which combination of linemen was actually in the game at the time because all of them were struggling to prevent their opponents from hitting the backs in the backfield.

2.1 yards per carry isn’t going to cut it. The running back aren’t blameless here, but it starts in front of them."

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins run game is based on use of a FB. The Fins have a very good one. Ingold will be practicing this week. He has been coming back from injury. His presence on the field could help the run game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins passing game has been dominant at times in practice even when Waddle has been sidelined.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins passing game has been dominant at times in practice even when Waddle has been sidelined.

The Eagles media said that the Eagles had dominated 8 practices in a row. That all stopped in Miami. The talent on the Fins roster causes matchup problems on both sides of the ball when the starters are in.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they're rusty game 1

The only problem for the Patriots top 5 defense is covering elite #1 WR's.
You have 2 of them in Waddle and Hill