• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not looking good for Urban. He is currently banned from campus & from contacting any players or coaches at OSU. This probably ends with him agreeing to resign & getting a decent severance package, but not his full buyout. Gene Smith will probably lose his job, also.
Truly remarkable ignorance

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looks like everyone knew Smith was a POS and they also figure the wife was nuts if only because she didn't leave him till years later. They have no love for Smith but the only way this doesn't make them look bad is to make her look as crazy as possible and with an abused woman who would call the cops but then take her husband back its not that hard because most sane people wouldn't stick around for more but we are back to shes nuts. lol.
. There's going to be little to investigate because most of this shit happened between them at home. The rest is just stuff people did see and I'm sure there was a time where she was not wanting him to get canned and downplayed things. They are both a mess and you can't trust either of them. But only one of then worked for Urban.
I generally try to imagine scenarios where one side could be right or the other. I can see all sorts of possibilities either way here, but we do not have enough facts to draw any conclusions as what has been put out there on both sides is murky at best and not from trusted sources we expect have fully vetted the story.

If that OSU story is correct then it may be the school jumped the gun and overreacted in firing Smith to stave off the cascading shit storm that was sure to follow. It's easy to see how that could happen.

Maybe the truth is in the middle. Perhaps he did work her over, but not nearly as much as she screamed. We just don't know.
If that were the case — why wait 3 years? Why not use it in the divorce hearings? Why not use it in the middle of a season if she wanted to screw over Meyer and Smith?

I agree — most women are bat shit crazy. But if this women was out to be vindictive — waiting three years makes no sense at all?!?
If you buy the story she was trying for some time and making claims, but it wasn't until she had her eager patsy in McMurphy that she had the platform to carry it out.

Again, that's just what is proposed. I'm not supporting either side at this point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case — why wait 3 years? Why not use it in the divorce hearings? Why not use it in the middle of a season if she wanted to screw over Meyer and Smith?

I agree — most women are bat shit crazy. But if this women was out to be vindictive — waiting three years makes no sense at all?!?
If yesterday's report isn't true and she's been telling the truth this whole time - why wait 3 years? Why not use it in the divorce hearings? Why not use it in the middle of the season if she wanted to screw over Meyer and Smith?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not looking good for Urban. He is currently banned from campus & from contacting any players or coaches at OSU. This probably ends with him agreeing to resign & getting a decent severance package, but not his full buyout. Gene Smith will probably lose his job, also.
Been under a rock the last few days have you? :noidea:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meyer's probably going to get a raise from tOSU for being so awesome and handling this whole situation perfectly.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I dont care what Meyer or tOSU did. If my wife is kicking my ass I dont expect my work to get involved and try to fix the situation. I expect the cops and the courts to be ones to get involved. My boss might be there to have someome to bitch about my wife but I would not expect to try and fix it in any way.
So honestly all I care about is did Meyer and the others do what was required to keep tOSU out of trouble and not hurt recruiting too much.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sums it up. My fiancee has worked with him multiple times on projects and can't wait til the day he leaves. Evidently it's a pretty common feeling around folks who work on campus or with the university.

Rake Courtney Smith through the coals.
Rake Zach Smith through the coals.
Rake Gene Smith through the coals.

Nothing happened anyway. It's all made up BS by a crazy drunken vindictive bitch.

Whatever happens happens. Just leave Urbs out of it. He knew nothing about the goings on in his mentor Earl Bruce's grandson, assistant coach who is like a son, household.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing happened anyway. It's all made up BS by a crazy drunken vindictive bitch.

Whatever happens happens. Just leave Urbs out of it. He knew nothing about the goings on in his mentor Earl Bruce's grandson, assistant coach who is like a son, household.
Aww, you're so upset about nothing at all. Maybe go take a nap and have a bite to eat, come back later.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally you are making sense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
red alert and trustme are absolutely losing their minds, it's absurd

I'm actually laughing at the absurdity of you bashing and calling for the heads of anyone NOT named Urban Meyer.
The very Urban Meyer who had the most incentive to cover for and keep Zach Smith employed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually laughing at the absurdity of you bashing and calling for the heads of anyone NOT named Urban Meyer.
The very Urban Meyer who had the most incentive to cover for and keep Zach Smith employed.
Oh you're not laughing, you're throwing a temper tantrum and everyone can see it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If yesterday's report isn't true and she's been telling the truth this whole time - why wait 3 years? Why not use it in the divorce hearings? Why not use it in the middle of the season if she wanted to screw over Meyer and Smith?

Because she nuts? lol

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you're not laughing, you're throwing a temper tantrum and everyone can see it.

HA! I'm fine. I'm not the victim getting discredited, or the reporter, or one of the two (so far) OSU employees getting thrown under the bus to save Urbs.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegedly she made this up for revenge because he cheated on her. Ever had a wife/girlfriend/etc? Since when does female revenge ever contain rational thoughts of consequences? If that report is true she wasn't looking for anything other than a pound of flesh. Don't piss off crazy bitches would be the takeaway.

Am I right @moxie?
Gurl, you ain't eva lied! If she does it right, his grandchildren will feel the sting of her wrath. Hell hath no fury & whatnot. ZE-RO rational thought. It's a fire that burns in your brain and makes your teeth itch.

Or so I've heard. I'm like, super duper rational. But I have batshit crazy friends.

Okay, maybe "super duper" is a teensie tiny bit of an overstatement. But I don't do stuff in haste. I'm a planner :nerd: My friends are reactors. Getcha popcorn ready!
:pop2:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU put the '14 days' on this to monitor it playing out in public opinion. Their mouthpieces (fans/local media) are doing a good job of bashing anyone NOT named Urban Meyer.
OSU is gauging what if any blowback there might be from the vagina hat crowd if they just sacrifice Zack Smith and Gene Smith to the CFB gods and retain Urbs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! I'm fine. I'm not the victim getting discredited, or the reporter, or one of the two (so far) OSU employees getting thrown under the bus to save Urbs.
Aww just so angry! You hate it that people don't think Urban should get canned for doing something wrong, huh? It hurts you to know he's going to be around to keep whipping that cornhusker ass for a little while longer. Pobrecito.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU put the '14 days' on this to monitor it playing out in public opinion. Their mouthpieces (fans/local media) are doing a good job of bashing anyone NOT named Urban Meyer.
OSU is gauging what if any blowback there might be from the vagina hat crowd if they just sacrifice Zack Smith and Gene Smith to the CFB gods and retain Urbs.

So, what color is your vagina hat?