• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why I get into it with him. Honestly he is great to chat with outside of OSU.
We all get a little stupid about our own teams. He's by no means alone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is literally saying he just found out about 2015 the night before. Last week he admits he knew about incident/s from 2015.

I’m not sure if you are being deliberately stupid or you actually are.
Honest question - Do you know the difference between unfounded allegations and being arrested for felonious assault?

Ok, I'll answer for you. Those are two DRAMATICALLY different things. He never, ever, one single time, said he never knew about allegations. The McMurphy report was brought up at media day, and it had just come out so obviously this news about an arrest for felonious assault was completely new information that he did not know about. That is what he was referencing - this new revelation from the night before. Did you actually read the McMurphy report?? He went WAY beyond saying there were allegations in 2015 that never resulted in anything.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why I get into it with him. Honestly he is great to chat with outside of OSU.
Listen - if this investigation concludes and they say "we have unequivocal proof that Urban not only knew about allegations in 2015 and didn't report them, but then also made an official statement lying about reporting these allegations", then I will say without hesitation to bring on the Ryan Day era (or even better, the Matt Campbell era). I've never minced words about that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question - Do you know the difference between unfounded allegations and being arrested for felonious assault?

Ok, I'll answer for you. Those are two DRAMATICALLY different things. He never, ever, one single time, said he never knew about allegations. The McMurphy report was brought up at media day, and it had just come out so obviously this news about an arrest for felonious assault was completely new information that he did not know about. That is what he was referencing - this new revelation from the night before. Did you actually read the McMurphy report?? He went WAY beyond saying there were allegations in 2015 that never resulted in anything.
IF that was actually true, he wouldn't have admitted to lying. I mean really. He didn't come out and say what you are saying at all. I mean of course it was a weak ass lame attempt at admitting it, but he CLEAR AS FUCKING DAY didn't stand up and support what he said and defend it the way your homers are trying desperately to do. Why? Because he knows he wasn't being truthful when he answered those questions. Which is another way of saying he lied. It really isn't debatable.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, he was asked about incidents. Not about arrests. ABOUT INCIDENTS. He literally stated he just heard about them the day before.

He literally admitted that was not the case last week. So he admitted he lied.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen - if this investigation concludes and they say "we have unequivocal proof that Urban not only knew about allegations in 2015 and didn't report them, but then also made an official statement lying about reporting these allegations", then I will say without hesitation to bring on the Ryan Day era (or even better, the Matt Campbell era). I've never minced words about that.

Yeah I never said he should be fired for this. I have stated he deserves every bit of shit for it because he lied.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF that was actually true, he wouldn't have admitted to lying. I mean really. He didn't come out and say what you are saying at all. I mean of course it was a weak ass lame attempt at admitting it, but he CLEAR AS FUCKING DAY didn't stand up and support what he said and defend it the way your homers are trying desperately to do. Why? Because he knows he wasn't being truthful when he answered those questions. Which is another way of saying he lied. It really isn't debatable.
He never once said "I lied". He said "My words, whether in a reply to a reporter's question or in addressing a personnel issue, must be clear, compassionate, and most of all, completely accurate. Unfortunately, at Big Ten Media Days on July 24th, I failed on many of these fronts. My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions." That leaves a lot to speculation, but I read that as "I wasn't clear about what I meant and didn't tell you everything that happened".

He never once said he lied about something. Lying and not being clear aren't the same.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he was asked about incidents. Not about arrests. ABOUT INCIDENTS. He literally stated he just heard about them the day before.

He literally admitted that was not the case last week. So he admitted he lied.
Yeah no shit! The day before was when the McMurphy report came out stating THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT. Urban didn't know about that until the day before when McMurphy said THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT. How are you not understanding that there is a dramatic difference between what Urban says he knew about and what McMurphy reported?!?

He literally didn't admit that he lied at all. He literally admitted that he wasn't clear in what he said, which is true. The McMurphy report was the topic of conversation that day. That's an undeniable fact, otherwise the reporters wouldn't have been asking about 2015 to begin with. In the McMurphy report, it said THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT, which Meyer said he had just heard about -- WHICH IS UNDENIABLY TRUE CONSIDERING MCMURPHY MADE IT UP.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no shit! The day before was when the McMurphy report came out stating THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT. Urban didn't know about that until the day before when McMurphy said THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT. How are you not understanding that there is a dramatic difference between what Urban says he knew about and what McMurphy reported?!?

He literally didn't admit that he lied at all. He literally admitted that he wasn't clear in what he said, which is true. The McMurphy report was the topic of conversation that day. That's an undeniable fact, otherwise the reporters wouldn't have been asking about 2015 to begin with. In the McMurphy report, it said THERE WAS AN ARREST FOR FELONIOUS ASSAULT, which Meyer said he had just heard about -- WHICH IS UNDENIABLY TRUE CONSIDERING MCMURPHY MADE IT UP.
I this is probably how you feel.

Save your keystrokes.

beating-head-against-wall-gif-5.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never once said "I lied". He said "My words, whether in a reply to a reporter's question or in addressing a personnel issue, must be clear, compassionate, and most of all, completely accurate. Unfortunately, at Big Ten Media Days on July 24th, I failed on many of these fronts. My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions." That leaves a lot to speculation, but I read that as "I wasn't clear about what I meant and didn't tell you everything that happened".

He never once said he lied about something. Lying and not being clear aren't the same.
When you have to 'read it as' on something he had LOTS of time to spell out that speaks volumes.

He had every opportunity to say I was responding to the questions about an arrest and he didn't. He gave carefully crafted PR speak written out by the staff at OSU in nearly Bill Clinton 'the meaning of is' fashion. The ONLY people blind enough to believe that was a clear rebuttal are OSU fans.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I never said he should be fired for this. I have stated he deserves every bit of shit for it because he lied.
Alright - let me spell it out once and for all.

- In 2015, Meyer said he heard about allegations and he reported them. No charges were filed, no arrests were made - nothing happened.

- Last week, the day before B1G Media Days, the McMurphy report came out which stated Smith was arrested for felonious assault, which was a blatant lie as has been proven.

- During the Media Day, that was the topic of conversation. It wasn't about Meyer maybe hearing about allegations, that was never the narrative. It was about Smith supposedly being arrested. This was "the incident" that Meyer had just heard about the night before. That is true.

- Meyer said he had not heard about this incident until the night before, which is true. What he didn't offer up was the information that he had actually known about allegations and reported them (so he says). In doing this, he was not clear or totally forthcoming. Does this mean he flat out lied about knowing anything at all whatsover? No. It means he didn't tell them everything that had happened initially.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Urban shit needs to die already. Some gal ran her gob and her ol man checked her ass. Not a bfd imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have to 'read it as' on something he had LOTS of time to spell out that speaks volumes.

He had every opportunity to say I was responding to the questions about an arrest and he didn't. He gave carefully crafted PR speak written out by the staff at OSU in nearly Bill Clinton 'the meaning of is' fashion. The ONLY people blind enough to believe that was a clear rebuttal are OSU fans.
You're doing exactly that when you said that he admitted to lying. He never once said he lied.

He doesn't have to offer the media every single detail about something that happened where he followed proper protocol, and that pisses you off. Also - carefully crafted PR speak isn't a lie.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing exactly that when you said that he admitted to lying. He never once said he lied.

He doesn't have to offer the media every single detail about something that happened where he followed proper protocol, and that pisses you off. Also - carefully crafted PR speak isn't a lie.
There isn't anyone in the world with this view outside of OSU land.

He clearly lied and it's been laid out, but you just won't see it. He admitted to lying and still you see only what you want to see because they got Clinton's speech writer to craft his admittance letter.

Why on earth would I be pissed off about anything? And I mean ANYTHING at all? :L

I really don't want to see him fired, or even suspended. I don't expect either to happen.

You are really reaching now.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their any woman’s we can beat on in here? I’m drank again and need to beat on some women’s

“My boss gave me a promotion for beating women’s” — Zach Smith

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anyone in the world with this view outside of OSU land.

He clearly lied and it's been laid out, but you just won't see it. He admitted to lying and still you see only what you want to see because they got Clinton's speech writer to craft his admittance letter.

Why on earth would I be pissed off about anything? And I mean ANYTHING at all? :L

I really don't want to see him fired, or even suspended. I don't expect either to happen.

You are really reaching now.
Ok - real easy - just show me the quote where he said he lied. Show me where he said he knew of no allegations. Just do it if it's been so clearly laid out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - real easy - just show me the quote where he said he lied. Show me where he said he knew of no allegations. Just do it if it's been so clearly laid out.
I mean it's been laid out over and over and over and OVER again. The questions from multiple reporters said NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT ARRESTS. One had a reference to McMurphy. Several just asked super vague general questions about 2015, hell one wasn't even that specific. You and your ilk will ONLY hang on one question that kind of might maybe be seen as asking about an arrest based off a story from the night before. You see what you want to see.

His response - "My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions" was clearly saying he didn't intend to say anything inaccurate or misleading and yet did so and he apologized for it. To just about everyone on planet earth not having bucknuts in their living room that's an apology for lying.

Now, how about you show me where I'm mad about something and really really pissed off about his lies or whatever nonsense you are on about.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This should make most of you feel a little better. You're welcome.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truthfully you can’t be this stupid right? He was asked about INCIDENTS....INCIDENTS. NOT FELONIOUS ASSAULT ARREST. Anyone with half a brain of common sense knows they are talking about Zach abusing his wife. Not if he got arrested for it. How in the fuck are you reading into that.

Then in response on Twitter he says he went through the proper channels. Why the fuck would he say he just heard about it this the day before (2015 incident) if he went through the proper channels?

Read into it how you must but anyone with common sense can see he lied.