• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing . . . I believe he probably WAS beating her but I don't know what the coach and university are supposed to do if the police there is nothing there.

People get fired /let go all the time. You dont need an arrest to let someone go especially a coach. Just finding someone better is usually a good reason. If they knew what they knew and we can argue about what they all knew but it sounds like there was enough smoke with this guy that if it wasn't a family friend he probably would have been gone a long time ago. I'm going to assume most coaches on that staff are good decent people and probably didn't like the guy from the things they heard or witnessed but the guy remained kinda protected by higher powers it seems.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get fired /let go all the time. You dont need an arrest to let someone go especially a coach. Just finding someone better is usually a good reason. If they knew what they knew and we can argue about what they all knew but it sounds like there was enough smoke with this guy that if it wasn't a family friend he probably would have been gone a long time ago. I'm going to assume most coaches on that staff are good decent people and probably didn't like the guy from the things they heard or witnessed but the guy remained kinda protected by higher powers it seems.
And remember, that OSU's own code of conduct specifically states that the abuser/accused need not be arrested, or have charges brought, for the mandatory reporter (in this case Urban) to notify.

The fact that he wasn't arrested, or charges were not brought means nothing. Urban still had a duty to report.

It also states that sexual misconduct (where this falls into) must also be reported, whether the abuse is known or even if it is just suspected. Considering the texts sent, multiple police calls, and the history...to say it was at least suspected probably goes without saying.

As for the lying...A lot of people keep saying it's not a crime to lie. No, it's not. But Urban isn't under fire for just the lying (a moral ground issue), but what it represents: Coverup. The only time anyone ever lies is when they are hiding the truth. In sports, hiding the truth (especially on something like this) leads to a big deal because of Title IX, and what is legally obligated to happen.

And, even if Urban did report it, don't you think he should have just fired the guy in 2015? I get the administration could have as well, but this is HIS team and these are HIS coaches. If this coach stayed on, it is because HE wanted him to stay on. I mean, seriously. By keeping this guy on staff, it's really hard to feel sorry for him if it ends up being his downfall. Had he just fired him in 2015, NONE of this is an issue. He reports the guy, fires him, and life goes on. Instead, this whole things now reeks of a coverup and potential NCAA violations.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coverup? Welcome to this week. Read the news and catch yourself up a bit.

Yes, and as the story CONTINUES to change, it just makes it seem like OSU/Meyer/ETC can't get their stories straight. That's what happens when you get caught lying.

For the record: I'm not saying he should be fired, shouldn't be fired. I'm just pointing out how this is playing out. In the end, it will be what it will be. I find it all very interesting, and probably even more so how quick people are to ignore rational thought in attacking OSU/Meyer and in the same vein, defend OSU/Meyer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and as the story CONTINUES to change, it just makes it seem like OSU/Meyer/ETC can't get their stories straight. That's what happens when you get caught lying.

For the record: I'm not saying he should be fired, shouldn't be fired. I'm just pointing out how this is playing out. In the end, it will be what it will be. I find it all very interesting, and probably even more so how quick people are to ignore rational thought in attacking OSU/Meyer and in the same vein, defend OSU/Meyer.
LOL that's not even remotely true. If anything, the case against Smith has gotten weakened. Hell, Urban himself just fired Smith and Smith stood up for him despite his wife telling McMurphy that Zach said "if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’”

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that's not even remotely true. If anything, the case against Smith has gotten weakened. Hell, Urban himself just fired Smith and Smith stood up for him despite his wife telling McMurphy that Zach said "if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’”

So, the story hasn't changed since the Big10 media day when Urban lied multiple times at multiple interviews about this story?

He hasn't changed his story at all?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the story hasn't changed since the Big10 media day when Urban lied multiple times at multiple interviews about this story?

He hasn't changed his story at all?
You're so far behind. I'm not going to take the time to educate you. I just posted about it on another thread, go read it. You're about 4-5 days behind or so though.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...it doesn't matter one iota if that lady is bat shit crazy. Does not matter at all.

All that matters are the following: Did Meyer know. Did he report it. If he reported it, and knew of the abuse A. Why wasn't dude fired in 2015 (yes, that is on Meyer as much as the administration) and B. Where is the report showing the investigation?

Seems to me that if there was a report filed, should have been easy to produce. And if there was an investigation by OSU, paperwork would be easy to produce. Yet...here we are.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so far behind. I'm not going to take the time to educate you. I just posted about it on another thread, go read it. You're about 4-5 days behind or so though.
I've seen it.

I don't buy it. That's the problem. The story HAS changed. Whether "edited" or not...it's changed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing...it doesn't matter one iota if that lady is bat shit crazy. Does not matter at all.

All that matters are the following: Did Meyer know. Did he report it. If he reported it, and knew of the abuse A. Why wasn't dude fired in 2015 (yes, that is on Meyer as much as the administration) and B. Where is the report showing the investigation?

Seems to me that if there was a report filed, should have been easy to produce. And if there was an investigation by OSU, paperwork would be easy to produce. Yet...here we are.
Well there's the problem: it 100%, absolutely does matter. She would be far from the first woman to ever lie about being abused by a man.

Secondly, if Meyer knew of what abuse? There is no actual proof that Meyer ever knew for a fact there even was any. She had multiple opportunities to have him charged yet elected not to each and every single time. So, how does he know for a fact it happened? There's tons of speculation on both sides.

There is an investigation going on, doofus. Not sure if you know this, but private investigations don't give public commentary while the investigation is still ongoing.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it.

I don't buy it. That's the problem. The story HAS changed. Whether "edited" or not...it's changed.
I couldn't care less if you do, you don't know jack shit about what you're talking about. Nothing you say makes sense.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's the problem: it 100%, absolutely does matter. She would be far from the first woman to ever lie about being abused by a man.

Secondly, if Meyer knew of what abuse? There is no actual proof that Meyer ever knew for a fact there even was any. She had multiple opportunities to have him charged yet elected not to each and every single time. So, how does he know for a fact it happened? There's tons of speculation on both sides.

There is an investigation going on, doofus. Not sure if you know this, but private investigations don't give public commentary while the investigation is still ongoing.

Dude, Meyer admitted he lied about not knowing. In other words, HE KNEW. An he admitted it. Part of the reason this is getting so much play on this site is the absolute homerish remarks you and a bunch of other Bucknuts are making. I’m going on record to you saying I don’t think he should be fired. But you and the other Bucknuts making absolute false claims isn’t helping here.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it.

no, your blind hate prevents you from objectivity....... the same with the majority in CFB nation........

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, your blind hate prevents you from objectivity....... the same with the majority in CFB nation........
You are seeing a lack of objectivity from both sides. Like someone here was trying to conspiracy theory that she had burner phones and was texting herself crazy shit to make him look bad.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Meyer admitted he lied about not knowing. In other words, HE KNEW. An he admitted it. Part of the reason this is getting so much play on this site is the absolute homerish remarks you and a bunch of other Bucknuts are making. I’m going on record to you saying I don’t think he should be fired. But you and the other Bucknuts making absolute false claims isn’t helping here.
He knew there were allegations. He's never said he lied. He said he knew nothing about a supposed arrest and felony charge the McMurphy said happened. Well, he didn't. Nobody did because they didn't happen. But obviously those facts don't matter to you.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew there were allegations. He's never said he lied. He said he knew nothing about a supposed arrest and felony charge the McMurphy said happened. Well, he didn't. Nobody did because they didn't happen. But obviously those facts don't matter to you.

ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING? I understand you are an insufferable Ohio State homer to the empth degree, but even you have to realize how wrong you are with that, right?

He said he knew nothing about the 2015 allegations at B1G media day. He then comes back last week on twitter and admits he knew about it. In other words.....HE LIED. You can twist this anyway you like but anyone that doesn’t have a dog in this fight sees how overboard you and some other bucknut morons are going with this.

But yeah it’s everyone else that’s wants to see Urban fired. It isn’t the brainless OSU majority that’s worried about losing a coach that gets them wins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING? I understand you are an insufferable Ohio State homer to the empth degree, but even you have to realize how wrong you are with that, right?

He said he knew nothing about the 2015 allegations at B1G media day. He then comes back last week on twitter and admits he knew about it. In other words.....HE LIED. You can twist this anyway you like but anyone that doesn’t have a dog in this fight sees how overboard you and some other bucknut morons are going with this.

But yeah it’s everyone else that’s wants to see Urban fired. It isn’t the brainless OSU majority that’s worried about losing a coach that gets them wins.
At B1G media day, he was asked about an incident from McMurphy's report that said Smith was arrested for felonious assault and battery. This never happened. It's why shortly after media day, McMurphy changed his report.

Stop acting like you give a shit about morality. You don't care at all about this girl. You want to see an elite coach from an elite program get fired.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At B1G media day, he was asked about an incident from McMurphy's report that said Smith was arrested for felonious assault and battery. This never happened. It's why shortly after media day, McMurphy changed his report.

Stop acting like you give a shit about morality. You don't care at all about this girl. You want to see an elite coach from an elite program get fired.

No you flaming fucking moron. He was asked about incidents of 2015 between Zach Smith and Courtney Smith and said he knew nothing. That’s why he had to post on Twitter how he knew Smith was involved in those incidents in 2015.

Stop acting like you give a shit about anything more than losing a football coach who gets you wins. Because we all know if this was anyone else, you’d read the riot act.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Some of you homers have spun the shit out of this thing.

Landis asked Meyer if he was “aware of alleged incidents with Zach in 2009 and 2015,” May asked about “the revelation from yesterday” and Murphy asked about the “2015 thing.”

Meyer responded, saying, “In 2015, there was nothing. When I first heard that last night, I said, ‘Do some research,’ and there was nothing.”

Later that morning, speaking from the podium, Meyer was again asked about the “inquiry into 2015” and he said, “2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there’s nothing – once again, I don’t know who creates a story like that.”

In neither of those cases was Meyer asked about whether Zach Smith was arrested in 2015. He was only asked about the incident in vague terms, like “revelation,” “thing,” and “inquiry.”