• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing without Lawrence wont help their chances.

While it certainly doesn't help, they rotate defensive lineman so much that if there is one position that it doesn't hurt them that much it's DT. Hell, the "backup" Albert Huggins is a senior that is also projected to be drafted next year and he's played 307 snaps this year compared to 460 for Lawrence. It's one of the great things that Dabo does is get everybody a lot of snaps on that defensive line, so I honestly think the suspension of Alabama's left guard Deonte Brown could wind up being much bigger than the Lawrence suspension.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it certainly doesn't help, they rotate defensive lineman so much that if there is one position that it doesn't hurt them that much it's DT. Hell, the "backup" Albert Huggins is a senior that is also projected to be drafted next year and he's played 307 snaps this year compared to 460 for Lawrence. It's one of the great things that Dabo does is get everybody a lot of snaps on that defensive line, so I honestly think the suspension of Alabama's left guard Deonte Brown could wind up being much bigger than the Lawrence suspension.
Lawrence was a projected top ten pick. There will be a drop off. The game boils down to the QBs IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence was a projected top ten pick. There will be a drop off. The game boils down to the QBs IMO.

It boils down to QBs and Clemson's defensive game plan.

If Lawrence plays well and Clemson is able to disguise coverages and pressure Tua, Tua will struggle. If Tua has a clean pocket and is able to read their coverage Bama will carve them up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little update. As some you know, I had brain surgery in April to correct a condition that is easiest explained as "water on the brain". I am thrilled to say that I played tennis yesterday for the first time in about two years. Didn't embarrass myself and actually felt pretty good. Plan to play regularly for the foreseeable future. :suds:
Great news Fuzzy! Glad to hear you recovered well! :suds:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you find gents able to assist with Finance this semester?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never took a finance class, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I was a little better than average in accounting
Accounting will be either Summer or Fall. I am hoping to be finished in December then NEVER take another class lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly, have had a couple various financial analyst type roles in past jobs, as well as a business admin degree with extra finance courses, but that was almost a decade ago

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ew. Closest I came to that was engineering economics. Lots of past, present, future cost analysis type stuff. Cost/Benefit ratios, etc.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the natty @leftypower & @Bandit

:suds:

The dynasty is here.

Totally.

We may have witnessed a changing of the guard.

In 2015, Alabama was better, but Desean Watson almost single handedly beat them. In 2016, he did beat them, but Alabama was still better everywhere else.

In 2017, Clemson caught up to Alabama and were closer to peer level, but Kelly what's his name wasn't the NFL QB they needed to beat the Bama defense. Lawrence is just that.

Clemson plays like an NFL team in just about every way. Alabama to me, in terms of style looks like a college team. A terrifically good college team, but still. When both sides have NFL talent all over the field, the pro system with the pro QB is going to win every time. And I don't think Tua will be successful in the NFL.

If Saban doesn't start recruiting the Trevor Lawrences of the world and playing a more pro style offense, he is going to have a hard time beating Clemson.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally.

We may have witnessed a changing of the guard.

In 2015, Alabama was better, but Desean Watson almost single handedly beat them. In 2016, he did beat them, but Alabama was still better everywhere else.

In 2017, Clemson caught up to Alabama and were closer to peer level, but Kelly what's his name wasn't the NFL QB they needed to beat the Bama defense. Lawrence is just that.

Clemson plays like an NFL team in just about every way. Alabama to me, in terms of style looks like a college team. A terrifically good college team, but still. When both sides have NFL talent all over the field, the pro system with the pro QB is going to win every time. And I don't think Tua will be successful in the NFL.

If Saban doesn't start recruiting the Trevor Lawrences of the world and playing a more pro style offense, he is going to have a hard time beating Clemson.
Agreed. Lawrence is a knight in shining armor. To do what he has done over 3/4's of the season as merely a Freshman is amazing. The entire world is going to be following him closely now. Curious if he stays in college until he's a Sr. Probably not.

Agreed on Kelly Bryant. Kid was a specimen, but he wasn't going to live up to Deshaun Watson. He didn't have the poise or the "above the neck" skillset to excel for them. He produced some great highlight reels, but typically boom or bust from what I saw.

Lawrence gives them everything they need to run the pro style offense. And I agree, it will be very difficult to match.

Saban has his work cut out for him if he wants to match what Clemson has built.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wayyyy, wayyy too early to start a debate - but Lawrence just may turn out to be the next Mahomes. ..... the next couple of yrs will certainly tell the tale. .... he's off to a hell of a start. (still wish he'd get a hair-cut though). .....