• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise - - hated Econ when in college - - never, ever got a handle on it (few in my classes did) - think I managed to pull a C only because he graded on a curve and it was sooo friggin low anything over 60 got you there . ... so no help here.
I have an Econ minor but that was 45 years ago so I am of no help.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I’m sure you are equally frustrated lol

Well, I kind of made my peace with it. At least I'm in the same league as Lefty now and since you are with us, all of Florida is in B, but I have a feeling you're going to screw that up with all your winning this year. Hell, you'll probably win the triple crown and the Super Bowl and then you'll be the only damn B league team that moves up.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I kind of made my peace with it. At least I'm in the same league as Lefty now and since you are with us, all of Florida is in B, but I have a feeling you're going to screw that up with all your winning this year. Hell, you'll probably win the triple crown and the Super Bowl and then you'll be the only damn B league team that moves up.
I wish but I tend to start out hot and flutter down the stretch in these leagues

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe - Bandit and I were talking the other day about all the missed extra-points this yr. You as a statistical buff, can you research the missed extra points vs missed field goals of the same basic distance ?? just think it would be an interesting comparison. ....

@leftypower @Bandit et al

As of this posting there have been 516 FG attempted.
435 of those 516 were good which calculates to 84.3% accuracy.

PAT are roughly from the 33 yard line.
658 PAT have been attempted to date.
621 of those 658 PAT were good which calculates to 94.4% accuracy.

Comparatively, there have been 79 FG attempted between 30-35 yards.
77 of those 79 FG were good (97.5%)

Also, there have been a total of 159 FG attemped from 7 to 32 yards (less distance than a PAT).
155 of those 159 FG were good (97.5%).
None from this distance were blocked either.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, there have been a total of 159 FG attemped from 7 to 32 yards (less distance than a PAT).

Thanks Joe, so it is as we suspected, but not that big of a difference. We were talking about how it seems like the extra point now has more pressure attached to it than a short field goal of equal distance. 3% isn't a ton of difference, but it is some difference.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Joe, so it is as we suspected, but not that big of a difference. We were talking about how it seems like the extra point now has more pressure attached to it than a short field goal of equal distance. 3% isn't a ton of difference, but it is some difference.
Well, the NFL changed the PAT distance in 2015.
The season before (2014), there were 1230 PAT attempted.
1222 of those 1230 PAT were good (99.3%).

So another way to look at the 2018 PAT numbers is that 37 extra points have been missed so far.
Back in 2014, only 8 extra points were missed for the entire season.

Kicking has gotten worse ever since the Gramatica brothers left.
Martin was my first-ever fantasy kicker.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the NFL changed the PAT distance in 2015.
The season before (2014), there were 1230 PAT attempted.
1222 of those 1230 PAT were good (99.3%).

So another way to look at the 2018 PAT numbers is that 37 extra points have been missed so far.
Back in 2014, only 8 extra points were missed for the entire season.

Kicking has gotten worse ever since the Gramatica brothers left.
Martin was my first-ever fantasy kicker.
You gotta love a guy who ruins his career celebrating a mediocre FG

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was frustrating. My first ever attempt at A league and got demoted as the 4th team down because B league outscored A league.
ya that would be

the year i got promoted to A i lasted all of one
so im hoping to hang around

yet it is never easy....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So in other words,

Although we take them for granted, these guys are ridiculously good at what they do.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 15 years for me, but, yeah I remember more from my appreciation of classical music class than I do my Econ minor.
My UG degree is in Political Science. First Masters is Educational Leadership with a concentration in Higher Education Administration. This time I decided to be stupid and go for business...I am paying for it

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My UG degree is in Political Science. First Masters is Educational Leadership with a concentration in Higher Education Administration. This time I decided to be stupid and go for business...I am paying for it
So, you are attempting to cover all bases - or become a professional student ?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are attempting to cover all bases - or become a professional student ?
The business was to be more well rounded. I work at a university and they pay for my classes. Ive been in higher education for nearly a decade so I am mostly stuck for better or worse lol

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The business was to be more well rounded. I work at a university and they pay for my classes. Ive been in higher education for nearly a decade so I am mostly stuck for better or worse lol
Ohh, That makes sense. .... nothing wrong with more knowledge

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the real thing to take from this, its not that the percentage of extra points are low, it is that there are so many of them that they the percentage gets normalized...

But we see it to be a lot, because the move in 2015 made the extra points NOT an automatic...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real thing to take from this, its not that the percentage of extra points are low, it is that there are so many of them that they the percentage gets normalized...
But we see it to be a lot, because the move in 2015 made the extra points NOT an automatic...
Yea, the question, in our minds, came up a couple of weeks ago when I lost a game on a extra point try (it was 'Mr Reliable Dan Bailey' if your wondering) and noticed there had been a a growing number missed this yr - - seems quite a number of kickers have there jobs this yr as well. .... .

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the question, in our minds, came up a couple of weeks ago when I lost a game on a extra point try (it was 'Mr Reliable Dan Bailey' if your wondering) and noticed there had been a a growing number missed this yr - - seems quite a number of kickers have there jobs this yr as well. .... .

that is another thing that skews the numbers though... Lots of kickers lose their jobs because they were not very good... But their misses are all in the numbers... so you can even subgroup the stats for kickers who have not lost their jobs... But that is just too much research for a near irrelevant question...LOL...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish but I tend to start out hot and flutter down the stretch in these leagues

no offense, I'm really hoping you get promoted to KOTF, but the wheels fall off in the playoffs so we can get at least 2 promoted

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I haven’t done this in awhile and since we are more than halfway through the season I figure it’s time to do a full out recap for your reading pleasure. So without further ado, here we go.

WEEK 9

Keepers of the Flame
MBBRL-WEEK-9-A-league-race.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is self explanatory, but if you'll be able to see the actual standings later on.

A league recap

Face wins the battle of the Steel City

In the battle of our resident Steelers fans, Face beat down Steelers 107.6 - 78.7. Face has been on a roll lately and has moved up to having the 2nd most points in the A league. He was helped out the most by Matt Ryan's 36 points and James Conner's 22.3 points and he left Tevin Coleman's 27.6 points on his bench. Steelers got a good game out of Rivers with 21.1 and an okay game out of Gurley with 13.9 (though it was disappointing compared to the rest of his season), but big disappointments from Kenyan Drake (again), Mike Evans, Marvin Jones, and David Njoku. It would have been closer if he had played Calvin Ridley but it still wouldn't have been enough. Face improves to 5-4 and Steelers falls to 6-3. Not everything was bad news for Steelers though because everybody else in his division lost too.

Joe's Bears come through big for him

There aren't many times over the last several years that this statement has been true, so I figured Joe would appreciate the shoutout. Joe got 32 points from the Bears D to go with 29.6 for Kamar, 17.4 from Cooks, and 17.3 from O.J. Howard to pull out the win over Shady 123.6-94.5. Face got a great game from Mccaffrey with 27.7 and good games from Cooper Kupp, the Jets D, and Justin Tucker, but it wasn't enough. Neither quarterback scored 10 points in this matchup with both NFC North disappointments in Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford. Joe left some points on his bench with Duke Johnson and Ito Smith but he didn't need them. The good news for Shady is that he certainly played his best lineup considering he had 4 guys on bye and the other guy on his bench was inactive. I'm sure if you told him at the beginning of the year when he saw his bye weeks that in week 9 he was going to score 94.5 he's have taken it. Joe improves to 4-5 and Shady falls to 4-5.

Barilko can't catch a break

It seems like Barilko always has a terrible defensive coordinator. This week it was Tlance getting 32.8 out of Mahomes and 26 from the Vikings D to go with 15.2 from Keenan Allen to hold off Barilko 116.2-109.5 despite the 39.4 from Brees, the 18.1 from Julio, and the 21.9 from Kelce but when your starting running backs (Ingram and Cohen) combine for 2.9 points it's tough to overcome. This just in, Tlance is really good at fantasy football. He improves to 8-1 and Barilko falls to a hard luck 3-6 despite a 53-46 breakdown record. OUCH!!

Let's just focus on Ram

Ram defeated Harold this week 83.3-66.6 which is an appropriate score for Harold this year because I'm sure he think his team could just go to hell at this point. Ram got 21.9 out of Baker Mayfield, 18.3 out of Melvin Gordon, and 16 out of the Chargers D. Harold finally got a good game out of Russell Wilson with 23.5, but disappointments from Lesean Mccoy, Jarvis Landry, DJ Moore, the Ravens D, and Chris Carson were too much to overcome. Ram moves to 7-2 and Harold falls to 0-9.

Fuzzy finds a way

Fuzzy got 25.2 out of Cam, 22.3 out of James White, 13.6 out of Olsen, and 18.2 out of Dion Lewis (holy crap a Dion lewis sighting) on his way to an easy 115.7-64 win over TKO and that was leaving Goff and his 35.3 on the bench. TKO only got double digits from Brady and MVS and the three running backs in his lineup only combined for 14.3 points which killed him. And he should have believed in Fitzmagic over Brady obviously. LOL. Fuzzy improves to 6-3 and TKO falls to 2-7.

Sam gets milked

Milk got 23.2 out of Rodgers and 32.1 out of Hunt to got with 27.1 out of Michael Thomas which was enough to hold off Sam. The defenses were the difference with Milk getting a modest 10 out of the Broncos, but Sammy got -3 out of the Rams because who the hell starts a defense that's playing the Saints in New Orleans? Sammy also finally put Josh Gordon on his bench in the one week that he outscored all of his other wide receivers. Sammy got good games from Watson, Howard, Hopkins, Kittle, and Chubb, but he couldn't overcome the -1 point that his defense and kicker combined for. Milk moves to 4-5 and Sammy falls to 4-5.

Notes from the A league

The entire Athos division lost last week and the entire Porthos division won last week. Tlance is currently holding onto all three triple crown categories and has a comfortable 8 game lead over Steelers in breakdown. He does only have a one game lead over Ram in his division though. Steelers remains at the top of the Athos division at 6-3 one game up on Sam who is 5-4. And in the Porthos division Fuzzy site atop at 6-3 with Face one game behind at 5-4 and both Milk and Joe at 4-5, so that truly is anybody's division especiatlly since Fuzzy actually has the least amount of points of anybody in the division.

The A league was actually outscored by the B league last week by 103 points which brought the season points lead down under 100 for the first time in a long time with the A league now holding a 94 point advantage.

Race for the #1 seed

#1 Tlance 8-1
#2 Steelers 6-3 (65-34 breakdown)
#3 Fuzzy 6-3 (55-44 breakdown)
#4 Ram 7-2
#5 Face 5-4 (61-36-2 breakdown)
#6 Sam 5-4 (57-41-1 breakdown)

Relegation Station

Harold 3 power ranking
TKO 6 power ranking
Shady 11 power ranking

Barbarians at the Gate

MBBRL-WEEK-9-B-league-race.jpg

B League Recap

Femurov thighbones Lefty

Femurov had a great performance across the board from Rivers, Hunt, Howard, Julio, Jimmy Graham, and the Titans D and put up 139.7 points and that was with leaving Tevin Coleman's 27.6 on his bench. Lefty got good games from Rodgers, Gordon, James White, and Olsen, but disappointments in John Brown, Devin Funchess, and Lesean Mccoy were too much to overcome and Femurov won 139.7-99.2. Femurove moves to 5-4 and Lefty falls to 4-5.

Treff passes through OBX

Man that sounds horrible doesn't it? Treff got a great game from Goff and the Bears D who combined for 67.3 points and that was too much for OBX to overcome even though he got good games from Russell Wilson and Cooper Kupp but disappointments from Jordy Nelson and the Raiders D and Treff won 124.1-86.9. Treff moves up to 3-6 and OBX falls to 2-7.

Trudem's back on track

So we managed to get the 2nd most points of any game from Trudem with 155.4 and the least amount of points for the season from Chef 49.5 in the same game. That's a 105.9 point margin of victory. I guess I made him mad when I beat him last week. Trudem obviously got great games from a lot of guys including Brees, Dion Lewis, Hopkins, Kelce, Cooks, and the Vikings D and put up 155.4 and if he had played Ito Smith over Tarik Cohen it would have been 166.5. Nice week. Everything that Trudem did right, Chef did wrong not getting double digits out of any player in his lineup with disappointments all around including Cousins, Lamar Miller, Carson, and the Redskins D. Trudem moves to 8-1 and Chef falls to 5-4.

Smitty smokes Monkey

Smitty finally got some good games out of two guys that have been huge disappointments with 20.6 out of Duke Johnson and 15.2 out of Keenan Allen which led him to the 106.6-93.9 victory over Monkey despite the 32 Monkey got out of Fitzmagic and the 16 out of the Jets D, Mike Evans, Kyle Rudolph, and David Moore combined to score 6.0 points which was the nail in Monkey's coffin. Smitty improves to 3-6 and Monkey falls to 6-3.

EHB's tri-fecta of greatness

EHB would have won his matchup this week with Stomp if he only played three players as Mahomes, Kamara, and Mccaffrey combined to score 90.1 points between the three of them. Throw in Josh Gordon's 19 and you get a 139.2-85.8 victory over Stomp. Stomp was in bye week hell anyway though so he probably wasn't that surprised, but he did get a great game out of Michael Thomas and a good game out of Nick Chubb but the rest of his team disappointed. EHB moves to 6-3 and Stomp falls to 3-6.

Bandit steals one from BK

Bandit didn't feel confident in Deshaun Watson against Denver so he made a trade for Matt Ryan during the week and that proved to be the difference. Well that and Gronk not playing at least and Bandit snuck one out 100.2-97.4 over BK. Matt Ryan led the way with 36 points and the Bandit's two tight ends (George Kittle and O.J. Howard) combined for 34.1 points. BK got 25.2 out of Cam and 22.3 out of Conner along with 28 out of the Dolphins D, but the disappointing games from Ingram, Crabtree, and Gronk not playing were the difference. Bandit moves to 4-5 and BK falls to 5-4.

Notes from the B league

Trudem and EHB are the only B leaguers with over 1000 point and they are actually the only B leaguers with over 957.6 points as they are way out ahead of everybody else. I never thought I would be typing this in week 9 of any season, but Trudem's magic number to clinch the division is 1 since he has a 5 game lead over Smitty and Stomp. The only way either one of them could catch him is if he loses all his games and one of them wins all their games, so pretty much congratulations on your division title Trudem. Monkey continues to lead the Ostrogoths division at 6-3 with a one game lead over BK and EHB lead the Huns division at 6-3 by one game over Chef and Femurov. The Huns division has 4 of the top 5 points for teams and of the top 6 in breakdown.

Movin' on up (season breakdown champ)

#1 Trudem 81-18
#2 EHB 71-28
#3 Bandit 56-43

Look at the gigantic difference between those two and the rest of the league. Wow!!

Falling in to the depths of oblivion

OBX 4 power ranking
Stomp 6 power ranking
Smitty 9 power ranking

Hey at least they are all in the same division, so somebody has to win some games in a few weeks!!

Okay so now that I've gotten that all our of the way, I hope you enjoyed the old school recap portion and here are your actual standings for the week:

MBBRL-WEEK-9.jpg