• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Quiz is really only a factor until Sims returns, and while yes, Jones's draft stock is going to allow him some opportunity, if he doesn't show a whole lot more than he did in preseason, he ain't gonna be a part of a committee for long
This, thank you. They aren’t gonna play an ineffective back when they hve someone producing

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda crazy how many "Famous" peeps I've met here in Poky. Dirk, Urlacher, Shawn Bradly and DWill (I think he still lives in Utah believe it or not)..............and remember this name I tell ya! Tommy Togia. Kid broke some of the team weight lifting records at tOhio State already. Was second earliest Freshman to lose his stripe there and will not Red Shirt as they plan on playing him this year. Kid is a stud fer real.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barber already has demonstrated he is a serviceable back though.

Yes, all the scenarios are hypothetically true, but the most likely is Barber getting the touches that matter most. He is a good football player. Right now, Jones is just an athlete learning the position at the NFL level. He has a ways to go, and like Sam said, Dirk is playing the guy he trusts. That is very clearly Payton Barber.

the dirk point could go both ways though... if the bucs start losing, it wont look good if he is losing with players that the front office doesn't "like"

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dirk point could go both ways though... if the bucs start losing, it wont look good if he is losing with players that the front office doesn't "like"
Now I can agree with that if Barber isn't playing well...............or if they start losing so bad that they're out of it early. Still, looks like Barber's job to lose.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barber already has demonstrated he is a serviceable back though.

Yes, all the scenarios are hypothetically true, but the most likely is Barber getting the touches that matter most. He is a good football player. Right now, Jones is just an athlete learning the position at the NFL level. He has a ways to go, and like Sam said, Dirk is playing the guy he trusts. That is very clearly Payton Barber.

I agree T. And Barber has looked good this pre-season and Jones has looked terrible, but generally if teams are so not convinced that somebody can be the guy that they draft another running back in the first two rounds then they are never convinced. Same problem I have with Kenyan Drake this year. The Dolphins are obviously not convinced he can be the guy so they signed Gore and drafted somebody else. Somebody in the organization is not convinced that Barber can be the guy or that Drake can be the guy and whoever that is will probably never be convinced.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I can agree with that if Barber isn't playing well...............or if they start losing so bad that they're out of it early. Still, looks like Barber's job to lose.

all I am saying is that it is not exactly Barber's job to lose... Of course if he is good, he will have the job, that is not in question... But if he is ANYTHING less than good, they will give Jones every chance to take the job... Not the other way around... They will not give Barber every chance to earn the job he has...

so basically, if Barber is an average or below average RB, he will gradually get spelled out... even if Jones isn't better...

and if Jones shows improvement, he will earn more touches even if Barber is the better choice...

I am just unsure how smart it is for a coach on the hotseat NOT to play the players the front office wants him to... the coach has to constantly convince the front office he is correct...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points on both sides of the Barber debate.
Glad I avoided it.
And SEA, and CLE, and BAL, and NE, and WSH.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points on both sides of the Barber debate.
Glad I avoided it.
And SEA, and CLE, and BAL, and NE, and WSH.

actually you were the one that clued me into this RB strategy a few yrs ago with the ATL duo - snag 2 in the middle rounds from the same team, ensures you'll get the one that break from the pack

(just gotta bank on one breaking loose tho - i believe both Freeman and Coleman were useful the yr you pulled it off)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually you were the one that clued me into this RB strategy a few yrs ago with the ATL duo - snag 2 in the middle rounds from the same team, ensures you'll get the one that break from the pack

(just gotta bank on one breaking loose tho - i believe both Freeman and Coleman were useful the yr you pulled it off)
Good memory, Jeff!
I did do that one year. It was a gamble that happened to pay off, in part because no one wanted either of them.
In today's MBBRL, it would be tough to pull that off with all the RB hoarding that goes on in the early rounds.
Although I did notice the @HaroldSeattle did pull it off last night with the Hyde/Chubb combo.
:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good memory, Jeff!
I did do that one year. It was a gamble that happened to pay off, in part because no one wanted either of them.
In today's MBBRL, it would be tough to pull that off with all the RB hoarding that goes on in the early rounds.
Although I did notice the @HaroldSeattle did pull it off last night with the Hyde/Chubb combo.
:suds:
I did that with Greene and LT his first year with tJets and it worked out OK (kinda opposite of how I thought it would work as Greene sucked ass most of that season).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did that with Greene and LT his first year with tJets and it worked out OK (kinda opposite of how I thought it would work as Greene sucked ass most of that season).
The other thing that has steered me away from that strategy is that the MBBRL is so competitive. I feel I need every bench spot. So to employ that strategy you're basically eliminating a valuable bench spot until 1 of these RB prove themselves. At least, that's how I see it.
Any other league, I'd still might take a shot at this strategy. Not with you guys.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that has steered me away from that strategy is that the MBBRL is so competitive. I feel I need every bench spot. So to employ that strategy you're basically eliminating a valuable bench spot until 1 of these RB prove themselves. At least, that's how I see it.
Any other league, I'd still might take a shot at this strategy. Not with you guys.
Sorry I wasn't clear: I did that in another league not this one (much deeper benches). Honestly this year in our league I'd play Cook/Murray, Howard/Cohen and Freeman/Coleman like that . I'm not a fan of Cohen this year but I do believe he and the other 2 will have stand alone value.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got my draft position in The Way Too Long League of Cheaters and Retards...............the last 2 years I would have been pretty stoked with the 10th pick in that league but with as many of the "Studs" that fell into the 2nd round last year there are a lot of guise being kept in the 2nd round that would normally be first rounders (Zeke,Gurley,Hopkins) so gonna make it tough.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got my draft position in The Way Too Long League of Cheaters and Retards...............the last 2 years I would have been pretty stoked with the 10th pick in that league but with as many of the "Studs" that fell into the 2nd round last year there are a lot of guise being kept in the 2nd round that would normally be first rounders (Zeke,Gurley,Hopkins) so gonna make it tough.
If this is the never-ending collusion league, WHY o WHY Sam do you torture yourself? What spot did you get?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the never-ending collusion league, WHY o WHY Sam do you torture yourself? What spot did you get?
Actually no collusion.............IR violations that will end this year. I have the 10 spot. At least this one snakes. Keeping Gordahn as a 15th.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no collusion.............IR violations that will end this year. I have the 10 spot. At least this one snakes. Keeping Gordahn as a 15th.
Sam, we joke around. We tease. It's all good. What is the "bromance" with Gordan? I hate seeing you do this to yourself.

I think we need the fantasy equivilant of an intervention. He's had what, 600 yards total since his monster season 4 years ago? And it's Cleveland.
I mean, for a 15th round, I guess there's nothing to lose...
...except your sanity.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, we joke around. We tease. It's all good. What is the "bromance" with Gordan? I hate seeing you do this to yourself.

I think we need the fantasy equivilant of an intervention. He's had what, 600 yards total since his monster season 4 years ago? And it's Cleveland.
...except your sanity.
I honestly think that he has done what he is supposed to do since his last suspension. He has the best QB throwing to him he's ever had. I watched every target last year and I know, "If if's and buts were candy and nuts........) but in those 5 games he was pretty freaking dominant. Hard to catch balls that are hitting peanut vendors in the head.

EDIT: With that said I'll be targeting the Howard/CMac connection. Not sure they"ll be there but that's where I'm gonna be looking.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...except your sanity.
I thought he meant Melvin and got an incredible value for him somehow...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh im back, ive been exclusively using my phone, my laptop fried, this is much better

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re that Jones guy; I foresee this in some fantasy players' futures:

:pound::pound::pound: