• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but have u seen how bad his competition has been

doesn't always matter... The investment in Jones is real, he will get his touches no matter what... and if he shows anything during real life game, Barber's axe will even be quicker...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't always matter... The investment in Jones is real, he will get his touches no matter what... and if he shows anything during real life game, Barber's axe will even be quicker...
I bought some no-name cheap radio for my first car (Chevy Vega), and eventually splurged for a Blaupunkt. The cheapo no-name radio worked a lot better.
Wasn't about to keep the Blaupunkt in the dash just because I spent more on it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought some no-name cheap radio for my first car (Chevy Vega), and eventually splurged for a Blaupunkt. The cheapo no-name radio worked a lot better.
Wasn't about to keep the Blaupunkt in the dash just because I spent more on it.

of course, but that is not what I said at all...

Of course if Barber shows IN REAL GAMES that he is better then he will earn his spot... There have been many RBs that have found success despite not being a top draft pick...

BUT the road for them is much harder because they need immediate success to KEEP their job... and if the BETTER prospect shows any flash, then the leash just gets shorter and shorter...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except for the last paragraph.

So @Bandit when can we expect your classic, entertaining write-up?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones will start before Jameis does this year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think they are ready to call a second round pick a bust??
Nope. But I know pretty much fer a fact if Dirk doesn't win some games this year he's pretty certain he's out. I have a guy that works fer me who is his besty................lol. The bastid will never ask him fantasy questions fer me but did tell me that. He's gonna go with whatever wins him games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But I know pretty much fer a fact if Dirk doesn't win some games this year he's pretty certain he's out. I have a guy that works fer me who is his besty................lol. The bastid will never ask him fantasy questions fer me but did tell me that. He's gonna go with whatever wins him games.

Of course. But if he is also on the hot seat then he kind of has to make the front office look good too. Doesn’t he??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is Jones will get his touches week 1 even as the backup. And baber will only start week 2 if he has a CLEAR better game than Jones or if Jones gets hurt.

But if Jones shows anything even in his part time role then I expect him to start week 2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barber is going to be the starter, but his ADP is rising to the point that he isn't worth it. Even if he holds on to the starter job all season, Jones is going to be used and it's going to be a committee. So proceed with that in mind.

Last edited:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barber is going to be the starter, but his ADP is rising to the point that he isn't worth it. Even if he holds on to the starter job all season, Jones is going to be used and it's going to be a committed. So proceed with that in mind.
Now that I can agree with. He is losing sleeper status quickly.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barber is going to be the starter, but his ADP is rising to the point that he isn't worth it. Even if he holds on to the starter job all season, Jones is going to be used and it's going to be a committee. So proceed with that in mind.
It's the Tampa way! And people are forgetting about Jacquizz Rodgers in that mix.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Quiz is really only a factor until Sims returns, and while yes, Jones's draft stock is going to allow him some opportunity, if he doesn't show a whole lot more than he did in preseason, he ain't gonna be a part of a committee for long

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think none of us have any idea what is going to happen. Barber could fumble on his first carry of the year and get benched and Jones come in and rush for 150 yards and two touchdowns and Barber never see the field again. Then again Barber could keep the job, Jones could never look good again and they sign Tevin Coleman to a big free agent deal after the season. Or then again, none of them could look good and they sign Orleans Darkwa to a deal in week 2 and he's the starter the rest of the year (since he's better than all of them anyway).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think none of us have any idea what is going to happen. Barber could fumble on his first carry of the year and get benched and Jones come in and rush for 150 yards and two touchdowns and Barber never see the field again. Then again Barber could keep the job, Jones could never look good again and they sign Tevin Coleman to a big free agent deal after the season. Or then again, none of them could look good and they sign Orleans Darkwa to a deal in week 2 and he's the starter the rest of the year (since he's better than all of them anyway).

Barber already has demonstrated he is a serviceable back though.

Yes, all the scenarios are hypothetically true, but the most likely is Barber getting the touches that matter most. He is a good football player. Right now, Jones is just an athlete learning the position at the NFL level. He has a ways to go, and like Sam said, Dirk is playing the guy he trusts. That is very clearly Payton Barber.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Quiz is really only a factor until Sims returns, and while yes, Jones's draft stock is going to allow him some opportunity, if he doesn't show a whole lot more than he did in preseason, he ain't gonna be a part of a committee for long
This, thank you. They aren’t gonna play an ineffective back when they hve someone producing