• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id trade, but i gotta be careful, and no one wants to deal with me

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will do it for me. At least Alex Smith didn't perform well. Had the same type of production as Cam so at least that last minute decision is not the reason I'm going to lose this week.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks in a row lose a nail biter in the closing minutes of MNF

Sorry about that Treff. My team really didn't perform that greatly. The only good call I really made was benching Brandin Cooks.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have family that moved to Florida. It was nice to visit. But I can't see living there. Everyone talks about how warm it is then they spend their days inside with AC on. Crazy. Plus...
Don't want yard work 12 months long.
Bugs the size of sparrows.
Old people driving on sidewalks.
Hot all the time is not appealing to me.
I need a change of season too.
Love the crisp cool mornings.

As someone who has lived here his whole life - you have it pretty well nailed. ... that is why the 'winter' is my favorite time of the year - it's kind of like spring for you northerner's, where as winter for you is like summer (stay inside - A/C for us, heat for you - except ours is 8 months long). It's also the best time for fishing !!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - saw a fair amount of discussion on the League playing rules, specifically:
v. You must at all times have a full roster that includes at least one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one flex, one tight end, one kicker, and one team defense. It is important to remember that due to overall league structure; total points have a bearing on relegation, the number of teams moving up or down, playoff rank, and oblivion. As such the below penalties have been established to ensure overall league integrity. (amended for 2017):
• You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured during the season - the strategy of holding a star is understood, as is the unavoidable last minute inactive. However, all efforts should be made to avoid this practice. As such, the second occurrence of leaving a player in that is on bye or injured will result in an 0-11 breakdown record for the week with no other repercussions in the standings or points. The third occurrence will result in a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and the owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The fourth will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as the owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)
• Failure to comply with the starter requirement (blank player) will always result in an illegal lineup and for the first occurrence the team will receive a loss in the standings and an 0-11 breakdown record for that week. The team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). On the 2nd occurrence of an illegal lineup the team owner will receive a loss in the standings, an 0-11 breakdown record for the week, and that owner will be sent to oblivion at the end of the year. Once again, the team's total points will not otherwise be altered (So as not to punish the entire league for his mistake). The 3rd occurrence of an illegal lineup will qualify as abandonment of your team and the commissioner and vice-commissioner will remove you as an owner and control the team in accordance with “Drone” rules until such time a suitable replacement can be found. (amended for 2017)
• The commissioner (or Vice-commissioner)) will issue a warning to the team owner via private message for each violation during the season. (amended for 2017)

-------------------------------------
Although I fully understand the issues of 'life' vs a hobby like fantasy football, there has to be a clear-cut rule to prevent those who, have in the past, purposely made lineup decisions that lower the standards of the MBBRL. It is absolutely true that of the 4 violations to date, none were intentional - that is why the rules committee settled on allowing a 'mulligan' during the season. Mistakes and over site can happen, but we felt there are just too many options available to members unable to check, this week or that, for 'day of' inactive players (BTW - IMO the 'last minute' term being used is really not valid since the NFL requires the designation at least 1hr before game time, always has).
All that said, if there is sufficient support (15 in accordance with our Preamble) from the membership to amend the rule, then that is absolutely fine. Now, the amendment needs to be specific, as in, take the existing rule and submit redlines to the membership. @tlance and myself will then call for a vote if a majority support the change - if voted in, it will become the rule

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a CJ Anderson TD here

Well, I said to myself yesterday that whomever's player scores will win. Turns out neither did and they basically cancelled each other out. .... it was a close one.