• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Barilko

I know what you are going through today

22886291_10155936715923987_8359296029908616159_n.jpg

But I love the cold!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem - funny I was thinking along the same line - - it's a welcome change from the heat !!!!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cold is only good for three things. It keeps the snakes, bugs, and rodents down to a minimum.

Other then that screw the cold.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate living in Florida man. I lived in the north many of my younger years. I cant stand not having actual seasons...

@Trudem - Well, I'm a cracker, lived here my whole life but visited lots of places that, IMO, have much more desirable weather year round. For those who have never experienced 90-100 degrees and 90% humidity (7-8 months out of the year) they just can't understand what a welcome relief it is !!!!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem - Well, I'm a cracker, lived here my whole life but visited lots of places that, IMO, have much more desirable weather year round. For those who have never experienced 90-100 degrees and 90% humidity (7-8 months out of the year) they just can't understand what a welcome relief it is !!!!
I can live without the 4 foot snow banks. However I hate walking outside and my clothes sticking to me and my glasses fogging up

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya won’t say that if ya come up hear in January with a minus 40 windchill
I was born in Alaska and lived in both Illinois and Michigan. I am fine with cold weather. However I would prefer somewhere in the middle.

But my mother lives in Tennessee and yeah no thanks :behindsofa:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in Alaska and lived in both Illinois and Michigan. I am fine with cold weather. However I would prefer somewhere in the middle.
Nice as would I. Somewhere near Nashville works for me. Or North Carolina

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived up north and never played on a pond. I did put a massive dent in an ice rink though

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to propose a rule change for next year. On our rule about having a full lineup every week, it was meant to keep people from going without a player or leaving in a bye. The way it is setup penalizes you the same for a game time decision.

So my rule proposal is make the first two game time decisions you miss only half a ding, then starting with the third cost the same as the others. This would give everyone an extra free game time decision.
The back fall to this is it adds a little work for the commish and we would need to decide what is a game time decision and what is an injury that is announced early enough.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if its a true game time decision it is very hard to punish someone on top of them already missing points from a replacement. I think it is pretty clear when people are trying to tank and leave spots open.

Just my :2cents:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance good game!!! Going to come down to the wire

Yeah.

I am slightly pessimistic, but it will be interesting tonight. Good luck! Have a feeling I will be regretting my DST choice and the fact that Baldwin only managed 54 scoreless yards in Russ' epic game.

Watson and Hopkins just seem to bail me out for every bad decision I make.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to propose a rule change for next year. On our rule about having a full lineup every week, it was meant to keep people from going without a player or leaving in a bye. The way it is setup penalizes you the same for a game time decision.

So my rule proposal is make the first two game time decisions you miss only half a ding, then starting with the third cost the same as the others. This would give everyone an extra free game time decision.
The back fall to this is it adds a little work for the commish and we would need to decide what is a game time decision and what is an injury that is announced early enough.

Here is the problem with that and it's the same problem that we had trying to come up with the constitution. Who determines what is a true "game time decision"? Are we going to hold a vote each week to determine if it qualifies? Because that sounds like a freaking nightmare which is exactly what we trying to avoid by making a black and white rule. Yes there is a difference between willingly leaving somebody in that on bye and an injury that might or might not play, but that would give us three separate clauses for illegal lineups (#1 being a game time decision, #2 being leaving somebody in that is on bye or inactive for any reason, #3 would be having a true illegal lineup with not every position filled) That just seems like overkill. You are certainly welcome to bring it up as an amendment to the constitution, but since this is probably going to come up during discussions anyway, would you mind me asking why you don't check game time inactives on Sunday morning? And look, I'm not saying that fantasy football is more important than life itself and that there's never any reason that you can't check for inactives, but if it's a case that you know you won't be able to check on somebody that is a game time decision, you can just either send the commissioner @leftypower or the co-commissioner @tlance a private message or just post on the main board that if Leonard Fournette is declared inactive could you please put _______________ in my lineup for me. Nobody here is going to have a problem with that. Obviously I'm kind of biased here because I was one of the ones that worked on the constitution and this is the rule that probably invoked the most discussion between Lefty, Tlance, Treff, Joe, and me, but we also have no problem changing it if that is what the majority wants.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem with that and it's the same problem that we had trying to come up with the constitution. Who determines what is a true "game time decision"? Are we going to hold a vote each week to determine if it qualifies? Because that sounds like a freaking nightmare which is exactly what we trying to avoid by making a black and white rule. Yes there is a difference between willingly leaving somebody in that on bye and an injury that might or might not play, but that would give us three separate clauses for illegal lineups (#1 being a game time decision, #2 being leaving somebody in that is on bye or inactive for any reason, #3 would be having a true illegal lineup with not every position filled) That just seems like overkill. You are certainly welcome to bring it up as an amendment to the constitution, but since this is probably going to come up during discussions anyway, would you mind me asking why you don't check game time inactives on Sunday morning? And look, I'm not saying that fantasy football is more important than life itself and that there's never any reason that you can't check for inactives, but if it's a case that you know you won't be able to check on somebody that is a game time decision, you can just either send the commissioner @leftypower or the co-commissioner @tlance a private message or just post on the main board that if Leonard Fournette is declared inactive could you please put _______________ in my lineup for me. Nobody here is going to have a problem with that. Obviously I'm kind of biased here because I was one of the ones that worked on the constitution and this is the rule that probably invoked the most discussion between Lefty, Tlance, Treff, Joe, and me, but we also have no problem changing it if that is what the majority wants.
^^^^ this...all of this. There are currently 3 of us with the ability to adjust rosters, myself, Lefty and Tlance, (four if you count the retired living legend Wilwhite) and like the Bandit said, no one ever has any issue with those changes being made, so long as a heads up was given in some way shape or form, one of us will surely see it.

But again, as Bandit also mentioned, if that's what the majority wants, that's what they'll get. Just speaking my two cents in the matter