• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate living in Florida man. I lived in the north many of my younger years. I cant stand not having actual seasons...
I have family that moved to Florida. It was nice to visit. But I can't see living there. Everyone talks about how warm it is then they spend their days inside with AC on. Crazy. Plus...
Don't want yard work 12 months long.
Bugs the size of sparrows.
Old people driving on sidewalks.
Hot all the time is not appealing to me.
I need a change of season too.
Love the crisp cool mornings.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit I am going to try and answer this with my reasons. Sorry it has taken me so long, the wife had me running around trying to get ready for our vacation next week.

Here is the problem with that and it's the same problem that we had trying to come up with the constitution. Who determines what is a true "game time decision"? Are we going to hold a vote each week to determine if it qualifies? Because that sounds like a freaking nightmare which is exactly what we trying to avoid by making a black and white rule.

That is why I said something about we would have to decide what is a game day decision and what is someone was announced as out.

Yes there is a difference between willingly leaving somebody in that on bye and an injury that might or might not play, but that would give us three separate clauses for illegal lineups (#1 being a game time decision, #2 being leaving somebody in that is on bye or inactive for any reason, #3 would be having a true illegal lineup with not every position filled) That just seems like overkill.

Once again this is my problem with adjusting the rules, it would add to the Commish's work load. Running D2 and helping @TREFF with D1 I know how much it can be at times. I honestly do not have an answer to this and it very well could be the reason that nothing gets changed here.

You are certainly welcome to bring it up as an amendment to the constitution, but since this is probably going to come up during discussions anyway, would you mind me asking why you don't check game time inactives on Sunday morning? And look, I'm not saying that fantasy football is more important than life itself and that there's never any reason that you can't check for inactives, but if it's a case that you know you won't be able to check on somebody that is a game time decision, you can just either send the commissioner @leftypower or the co-commissioner @tlance a private message or just post on the main board that if Leonard Fournette is declared inactive could you please put _______________ in my lineup for me. Nobody here is going to have a problem with that.

I am bringing it up now because the constitution also states that if any votes are brought up in the offseason anybody that is in oblivion isn't allowed a vote.
As far as my problems with Sunday mornings. First off let me say that @leftypower and @tlance and me had some conversations and found a solution for me. I am good and should not have any more issues. Secondly my work schedule is 5 in the afternoon until between 3:30 and 5 in the morning, so my sleep pattern is normally between 6am and 1 to 2 pm. I check my lineups Saturday night and any game time decision I leave in my lineups I have to hope they play.
I am bringing this up not to change anything this year, but I believe that it is an issue with the rule that needs to at least be discussed. Yes if it had not happened to me I would have never noticed, but it did and like so much in real life until it happens to you you never notice.

Obviously I'm kind of biased here because I was one of the ones that worked on the constitution and this is the rule that probably invoked the most discussion between Lefty, Tlance, Treff, Joe, and me, but we also have no problem changing it if that is what the majority wants.

At my job I set up the inspection jobs for the aluminum F150. In the 3 years we have been building them, I can't begin to count the number of times I have heard an inspector say how stupid whomever set these jobs up was. It sucks when anything you put time into is questioned. But every rule in every league needs to be looked at at times to determine if they work or not.

Personally I think the rule is a good rule and one that we needed, but I also think it might have gone a little to far in what it was designed to do. And knowing what goes into being one of the officers of a league like these are I do appreciate every thing that y'all do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great points.

Well said gentlemen!

It really doesn't matter to me what the rule ends up being. Discussion is always healthy. My suggestion would be to table this idea for now and bring up the discussion/vote once the season ends.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ this...all of this. There are currently 3 of us with the ability to adjust rosters, myself, Lefty and Tlance, (four if you count the retired living legend Wilwhite) and like the Bandit said, no one ever has any issue with those changes being made, so long as a heads up was given in some way shape or form, one of us will surely see it.

But again, as Bandit also mentioned, if that's what the majority wants, that's what they'll get. Just speaking my two cents in the matter
Im with Bandit and Treff. Plus ill add i have dropped and lost players i wanted to keep by following the rules. If we change rules do i get my player back. No of course not. however im a firm believer in full line ups and if cornered. Trade or drop

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBRL_WEEK_7.jpg

Okay so here is your standings sheet through week 7.

A league notes:

Steelers is leading all three triple crown categories and has a perfect 36 power ranking along with a two game on the entire A league.

Obx had his 2nd violation of the lineup rules by leaving Leonard Fournette in who was inactive. Per the constitution he receives an 0-11 breakdown record for the week (it would have been 2-9).

Just a note here on that, if anybody in either league has somebody that they think might not play, there is no reason that you can't just put a note on this message board that if player A is ruled inactive, then could the commissioner please put in player B in for you because you won't be available to check it right before kickoff. I know that nobody in this league would have a problem with that and it has been done in the past.

Top four teams in points are all in the Athos division.

A league has 3 teams under 600 points for the year and the B league has 0.

Playoff seeds:

#1 Steelers (6-1)
#2 Trudem (4-3 division leader and better breakdown record than Ram)
#3 Ram (4-3 division leader and worse breakdown record than Trudem)
#4 Face (4-3 and best breakdown record of the 4-3 wild card teams)

Relegation Station:

Treff 6 power ranking
Joe 8.5 power ranking
OBX 10.5 power ranking
Milk 12 power ranking

Notes from the B league:

B league didn't gain much in the total points for the year but still have a 139 point lead over the A league well on their way to the 168 required.

The top three teams in points in the entire MBBRL are in the Ostrogoths division of death in the B league (Barilko, Lefty, Harold)

Only one team is better than 4-3 (Barilko at 5-2) and only one team is worse than 3-4 (EHB with a hard luck 1-6)

Playoff seeds:

#1 Barilko (5-2)
#2 Sam (4-3 division leader and better breakdown record than Femurov)
#3 Femurov (4-3 division leader and worse breakdown record than Sam)
#4 Lefty (4-3 and best breakdown record of the 4-3 teams)

Movin' on up:

So we have a new breakdown leader in Barilko at 46-31 who now has a two game lead over Lefty who is 44-33 so right now Barilko would get the golden ticket to the A league.

Falling down the portal to hell (or Oblivion):

BK 7.5 power ranking
EHB 11 power ranking

I have never seen one of our spreadsheets be deleted before.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However @obx i hear ya and i posted my belief before reading your great thoughts

No worries. There are 24 of us here and we are all going to disagree on things from time to time. Which is all good until we start calling each other names.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waited eight weeks to start Charles. Finally have a "good reason" and he fumbles!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's go Tyreek, Chiefs D/St, and, any and all Chiefs offense...gotta suck out a victory over Bandit, DT and the donkey D after Prescott laid an egg yesterday

But, oh, best of luck to ya Bandit :suds: ;)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch time?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets Peters on the back up TE, and that's where he decides to throw? Lol

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do need Denver to do something tonight. I need at least 3 TDs from Alex Smith in D2 and need Denver to stay at least close so KC is passing.