• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey if he fills the blount role i don't care what they do.

i know whose catching passes

he's getting the carries and goal line

and rex gets a few carries
You honestly think usage in a game they lost, embarrassingly, is a strong indicator of the way it'll be? Interesting

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think usage in a game they lost, embarrassingly, is a strong indicator of the way it'll be? Interesting
well i think it shows rex doesn't have a huge role right now getting only ten snaps, and yes i think his useage carry and goal line wise is indicative especially since two of the fd came in first half.......you honestly think they aren't gonna try to win and do their BEST to come back

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i don't know what it shows, but whatever it was/is, id be more shocked for them to continue doing basically the same thing, then i would be to see something entirely different next week

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i don't know what it shows, but whatever it was/is, id be more shocked for them to continue doing basically the same thing, then i would be to see something entirely different next week
well let's say this bulkhead wqsclearly. it part of the puzzle in game one, and all off season. perhaps that changes

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor John Brown. I love ya, but every game will just be too risky. Never know when the legs will give out in game. Limited practices. If I had steady RB starters, maybe I could wait for you... but I don't.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR Bench Spot
* Although I mentioned that I have no preferences with regard to roster sizes, I would really like to push for the IR option. For those unfamiliar with ESPN, if a player’s status is “out” then you’d be able to move him to your bench (in the IR slot) and pick up a free agent to replace him. Once the IR player’s status changes (even if it improves to “doubtful”), you’d eventually have to drop a player (most likely the extra free agent you picked up).

Note that the IR bench spot is something that we need to agree on right away (like before the draft, I believe.) Once roster sizes are set in ESPN, they cannot be added to.

Division Names
ESPN also let’s you customize division names. I say we get creative, unless you like the standard East, West, Central, etc. Moe, Larry Curly? Rock, Paper, Scissors? Although this may be a tougher task because we're stretching this among 2 conferences/leagues (and 6 divisions). Maybe rename the divisions after 6 football movies? The Longest Yard, North Dallas Forty, Any Given Sunday, Remember the Titans, Brian’s Song, The Replacements, etc. Just thinking out loud.

I'm on board with the IR slot

ah shit, did I ever rant there... as far as the IR spot, I'm all for it, flex would be best with the TE option as well, since the position is turning into freak-bots...

Forgot again. I'm good with an IR spot. I'm thinking just one, though.

Joe - As you know you can set up the league roster size/spots, scoring, etc pretty much anyway you want. Not that anyone here cares, but ESPN free even allows the 'team QB' option. Anyway, I think the number of starters determined should determine the number of bench spots and IR spots. If we stick to 9 starters then 5 bench and an IR should be suffice.
But if we go up to 10 starters then 6 bench spots + IR would be helpful. Makes for some slim-pickin in the latter rounds but I'm ok with that. I really have no preference. BTW - I figured you'd jump on board with the IDP notion.
---
For those who have not played on ESPN before, the IR spot is tricky. You cannot move a guy there until he is officially 'out'. Once he is, only then can you add a free agent to the roster (unless you drop someone else). Also, it basically resets each week. Once the new week starts, if he is not immediately declared out, then you cannot make any rosters moves until you bring him back on your bench (or drop). So if you picked up a free agent you will have to drop him or someone else.
Hopefully that made sense. .....

I think the IR spot is really for holding a guy who's out for a while, like, I dunno, McFadden? I'm happy to include it, since a big majority seems for it. Between that and the flex (RB/WR/TE), I don't think we need a 6th bench spot. A short bench keeps things more dynamic.

I'll second that last thought Wil. If we add an IR spot, then no 6th bench spot.

I'm on-board with that as well assuming we keep the number of starters the same.
Wil - guys like Mc(I stubbed my toe and don't know if I can play)Fadden are somewhat frustrating with ESPN format - but I don't think it is a bad thing the way they do it. You can't just leave him there until healthy - you will have to deal with him every week. As I said, if they are not declared 'out' for a specific period (or place on IR) they are not eligible for IR.

So every once in awhile (like when I need a break from putting up hurricane shutters) I will go back to the beginning of the thread and just read posts. It's highly entertaining and you get to see names that you forgot even existed only four years ago like everybody being really high on Mikel LeShoure of the Lions. Anyway, when Wil was setting up the league, apparently an IR slot was brought up by Joe and the only comments about it were positive from Treff, Lefty, TKO, and Duff, then Wil said that he was going to include it since a big majority seems to be for it. And then it was never mentioned again. By anybody. No IR slot was ever put in and there's no mention anywhere as to why or if he just forgot or what and nobody brought up that it wasn't there either. Now obviously we are already into the season now, but I'm curious if anybody knows why he didn't end up including it or if it was ever discussed again, because to my recollection it's never even been brought up again. And yes, all these quotes were from April 2013.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol .... I definitely drafted LeShoure! Reading back is a great idea. I should do it more often.

Edit: and no idea on the IR stuff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing the guy who owns Hunt in my money league... Ouch!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I'm not having a lot of luck with my #1 WRs so for. Stupid hurricane knocked out Evans in one league and Beckham is so iffy now. With this storm bearing down on us, I can't afford to wait until Sunday to make a decision on Beckham. Currently have Cooper and Diggs but need a third. Choices; Marvin Jones or Paul Richardson. As of now I have Jones in there but against ARI, I'm not feeling great about it. Waivers are thin, with the 'best' being Robby Anderson. Wouldn't have felt too bad getting him but the have added Kearse and Kerley so the target spread may be greater than it was two days ago. Thoughts??

I think you are better off picking a random WR playing Monday Night in case Beckham suits up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are better off picking a random WR playing Monday Night in case Beckham suits up.

Considered that but with this hurricane coming Sunday, I really need to decide Saturday.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's moving more westward so the east coast looks good on the northern part of the state. Miami is about to get pounded. Hope you guys are secure

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh.

Hope you get through it all right.

It's moving more westward so the east coast looks good on the northern part of the state. Miami is about to get pounded. Hope you guys are secure

Thanks - the farther west it moves the less wind speed we have to deal with. Unfortunately it's not moving far enough to completely get us out of the woods. Entire Florida peninsula is only 130mi across - the east side of the storm is 250. ...... but I'll take 80-90mph wind over 130 any day. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit These are all from the 2016 season. .... so it has come up again - then disappeared with no resolution.

totally missed that you snuck this in there Joe..

I"m indifferent on this one. On one hand, I'd love it, on the other, don't' care for the reduction in difficulty..I'd be happy either way.

Each year we say that injuries are at all time high.
This season is crazy.
An IR spot might at least give us some kind of emotional peace of mind?
How many owners have not been bitten?

200.gif

I'll say this about the IR spot, the good thing is that ESPN will only let you put them on IR if they are declared out for a game and or put on the actual IR. In year's past it hasn't made a difference, because once somebody was put on IR they were done for the year, but now the NFL has kind of screwed us with the IR designated to return shit they have now, so I would be fine with one IR spot.

The only thing I will tell you since I run my league on ESPN and have IR spots is that it can be kind of a pain in the ass as far as transactions are concerned. Take Jeremy Langford for example. Every week instead of declaring him out, the Bears list him as doubtful until Friday and then change his status to out, so you can't technically move him to the IR and pick anybody else up until Friday. The problem with that is once they change his status back to doubtful on Tuesday morning, ESPN won't let you make any waiver or add/drop transactions until you move him out of the IR spot which means you have to drop somebody to put him back on the bench (yes I know that most of us would just drop him, but I'm using him as an example) in order to put in a waiver claim. Then later in the week once he's declared out, you can move him back to IR and pick somebody else up. It's a pain in the ass, but all of us that have done an ESPN league with the IR spot will be used to it.

Could be a fair way to "help" those teams struggling with injuries.

I agree with bandit though. It would only really make sense to use that spot for the Dion Lewis type players, unless it was helping you fill a 1 week roster crunch.

As for the IR spot - for, always have been. With short benches it has been suggested many times and is almost a necessity.

If we add an IR, it's gotta be for players who are officially out for the week, and by a certain date, right?
If not, seems to me it could get messy.

On ESPN you cannot place a player in an IR spot unless they are officially declared OUT or IR. The rub comes when a player is declared OUT this week, and even though everyone knows they will not play next week, if the team puts a Questionable or even Doubtful tag on them, you can't leave them in the IR spot.

Soooo - do we need to call for a vote for this year or wait until 2018 ??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks - the farther west it moves the less wind speed we have to deal with. Unfortunately it's not moving far enough to completely get us out of the woods. Entire Florida peninsula is only 130mi across - the east side of the storm is 250. ...... but I'll take 80-90mph wind over 130 any day. ....
Stay safe Lefty & Bandit (and everyone else in the area)! I'd definitely go tee one off downwind at least once though... 500-600yd drive EASY!

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit These are all from the 2016 season. .... so it has come up again - then disappeared with no resolution.

Soooo - do we need to call for a vote for this year or wait until 2018 ??
Might as well get a vote in so that everyone is at least aware of the issue. Could rehash the discussion in the offseason if anyone has a difference of opinion on it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. The reason those didn't come up is that I searched for "IR slot" and there it's phrased "IR spot" so we changed a letter and it made all the difference in the world when searching for it. LOL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I'm indifferent on the IR spot... On one hand I like the volatility that injuries bring to FF, but on the other I know full well what its like to get ravaged by them (see my last season lol). I was forced to drop numerous players last season because of injuries to the rest of my roster. Could have really benefited from the IR spot.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start a new thread for just the 'MBBRL IR spot' subject. And yea likely too late to address for this yr.