• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get an opinion from as many of you as I can because I need to win this week to keep my season alive.

Well my season hasn't been stellar in picking guys either. But here's my thoughts anyway:

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers < Rivers goes nuts and Bucs spend all day playing catch-up, elminating Dougernaut.
Robert Kelley v. Cardinals < Home game for Cards, but Skins might be peaking, while Cards look beatable lately.
Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs < Just not a big fan of Coleman this year.
Frank Gore v. Jets < Colts should go up early and then kill the clock with Gore.
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens < Until he proves otherwise, run Ajayi.

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs < Must start.
Emmanuel Sanders v. Jaguars < DEN won't need to pass against JAX. Looks will be spotty.
Randall Cobb v. Texans < Seems like Jordy and Adams are the WR to own. Not his Cornness.
Desean Jackson v. Cardinals < Meh.
Marvin Jones v. Saints < This game could very literally be a shootout vs 2 poor defenses.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, with no Gronk, the 2 tight end offense is history...gonna be more Lewis and White than I care to think about

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion for future season...

when playoff season comes, we can also add a a toilet bowl to more fairly decide who gets demoted or sent into oblivion... Plus it would be fun to EARN your spot back...

I don't like that idea one bit.

14 weeks worth of power rankings decide who moves down. A couple lucky weeks in December should not change that. I can't think of a more fair way to determine the two teams that move down than what is already in place.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance picks:

Tlance over Treff: don't like my matchups this week, but not picking against myself in a must win game. Cooks must outscore Thomas. By a lot.

SP over Ram: SP will catch Chef and win the division

Face over Chef: assuming he has an active TE

TKO over Milk: DJ eats again

Fuzzy over Lefty: Fuzzy looks strong. He provides me with a good chance at making the playoffs if I manage to beat Treff this week.

Bandit over Joe: because that is how Joe's season has gone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I haven't done this all year, but I'd like to get an opinion from as many of you as I can because I need to win this week to keep my season alive. In one of my money leagues I keep guessing wrong all year on who to play in my lineup. I'm all set at QB, and tight end with Brees and Eifert, but I have to start two running backs, two wide receivers and a flex from these guys. It is half point PPR if that matters:

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers
Robert Kelley v. Cardinals
Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs
Frank Gore v. Jets
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs
Emmanuel Sanders v. Jaguars
Randall Cobb v. Texans
Desean Jackson v. Cardinals
Marvin Jones v. Saints

Now of course I'm going to start Julio, but things get kind of murky from there because the matchups for some of them are rough this week.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I haven't done this all year, but I'd like to get an opinion from as many of you as I can because I need to win this week to keep my season alive. In one of my money leagues I keep guessing wrong all year on who to play in my lineup. I'm all set at QB, and tight end with Brees and Eifert, but I have to start two running backs, two wide receivers and a flex from these guys. It is half point PPR if that matters:

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers
Robert Kelley v. Cardinals
Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs
Frank Gore v. Jets
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs
Emmanuel Sanders v. Jaguars
Randall Cobb v. Texans
Desean Jackson v. Cardinals
Marvin Jones v. Saints

Now of course I'm going to start Julio, but things get kind of murky from there because the matchups for some of them are rough this week.

Sorry, premature post above.

I tend to do my weekly research on Saturday mornings, so I reserve the right to flip flop, but my gut says the following:

RBs: I hate your RB matchups

In: Martin- best matchup of the bunch and locked into a high volume role. Production is uncertain, but I think dougue posts his best line of the season so far.

Ajayi- I think Ajayi busts this week, but his floor is still
Much higher than everyone else's

Other considerations: Coleman is reportedly feeling a lot better this week and he has a high ceiling, but he is really hard to trust. Gore's matchup is almost as bad as Ajayi's and he is not as good. Kelley is a better play against Arizona, but I would have a tough time starting him over AJayi.

WRs: Jones +

Sanders for sure.

I think Marvin Jones has a good week, but Cobb is a good play also. Go Marvin if you want upside, Cobb if you need floor. Either way, 3 wide is the way to roll.

Oh yeah, Julio might win this week for you by himself. I would not be surprised if he posted 10+ catches for 150+ yards and multiple TDs. KC will not change. They play aggressive man coverage with tons of QB pressure. Julio will hit some big plays.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, maybe. Shady has a better schedule, imho, than Blount, and Gurley. he's not as TD dependant as them either

Yep. Hence, a truly Dangerous Trade ...for me. The schedules were why I turned it down the first time.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I even in the ballpark before? I don't want to make you the same offers if they are going to be rejected again. That's an insult to your intelligence.

Believe me, I looked hard. Gore would've been fine, but I just couldn't find anything close to what Treff offered. Not so sure about my intelligence, tho. I may have given him the keys to the kingdom.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13

Steelers over Ram
Chef over Face
Milk over TKO
Treff over tlance
Fuzz over Lefty
Joe over Bandit (cause now that I have no chance is when my team will decide to show up)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride :

sgt-schultz-nothing.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Hence, a truly Dangerous Trade ...for me. The schedules were why I turned it down the first time.

Yeah, think I would have preferred if you had waited 1 more week.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alrighty then!

Face over Chef - Killer Bs strike!
Steelers over Ram - Ware loves Hot 'lanta; Forte wins the ol' man battle over Gore.
TKO over Milk - Howard rides the trolley but Julio BBQ's KC.
Fuzzy over Lefty - Brady and Evans prove to be the difference.
Joe over Bandit - Bell, Melvin and Cowboys D get the edge.
Treff over Tlance - Brees rocks Detroit; Shady enjoys the Oakland sun.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 picks

SP over RaM

Face over Chef..although I like his chances better than I did a few hours ago.

TKO over Milk-Milk needs a miracle to get out of the relegation

Fuzzy over Lefty-Fuzzy getting hot

Joe over Bandit- the average spoiler

Treff over T-I would've picked my boys simply because I wanted to, after the trade,I actually believe it now.

Last edited: