• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 12 STANDINGS
2016_MBBRL_WEEK_12.jpg

And so we are through the first round of division games and really not much got decided. Most of the people that needed to win to stay alive won so let's break it down by league and division:

A league rankings

#1 Chef 9-3 (best record of division leaders)
#2 Treff 8-4 (better breakdown record than TKO)
#3 TKO 8-4 (other division leader)
#4 Steelers 8-4 (best record of all wild cards)
#5 Bandit 7-5 (only team at this record)
#6 Tlance 6-6 (still alive for division and wild card)

Lefty, Fuzzy, Milk, Joe, Face and Ram have all been eliminated because they can't catch their division leaders or Steelers for the wild card.

Is it me or are Fuzzy and Joe the best looking 4-8 teams in fantasy football history. The schedule makers have not been kind to you guys.

Technically Chef hasn't clinched a playoff spot, but he's pretty damn close. The only way he doesn't make the playoffs is if he loses out, Steelers ends up winning that division, and Bandit wins out and passes him in breakdown (Chef currently has a 10 game lead) so Bandit would be the wild card. Like I said technically not clinched, but pretty close.

Tlance must win his last two games and get two losses from either Treff to win the division or Steelers to win the wild card. If he catches Steelers for the wild card he must stay ahead of him in breakdown.

There are several other scenarios for all the other playoff teams to get in and clinch, but we'll get into more next week once things are a little less hazy.

A league division breakdown

In the Athos division Treff and Tlance won last week setting up their showdown this week, but Treff is still holding on to a two game lead, so even if Tlance wins this week, he would still need to win in week 14 and have Treff lose to win the division.

In the Porthos division TKO beat Bandit to take a one game lead, but both are still alive. Bandit can only win the division if he wins out and TKO loses out because if they end up tied, TKO will have a better division record.

In the Aramis division Steelers did what he had to and beat Chef last week so Chef's lead is down to one game over him. Right now they would both be in the playoffs. If Steelers and Chef end up tied, Steelers would hold the tiebreaker because he would have a better division record.

Relegation Station

This is going to come right down to the wire between Ram, Lefty, and Milk. One big week out of any of them and it will probably save them from being relegated.

Ram 7 power ranking
Lefty 7 power ranking
Milk 9 power ranking

B League Rankings

#1 Cheesehead 9-3 (better breakdown record than Harold)
#2 Haroldseattle 9-3
#3 Shady 7-5 (other division leader)
#4 OBX 7-5 (better breakdown record than Sam)
#5 Sam 7-5
#6 Barilko 6-6 (better breakdown record than Monkey)
#7 Monkey 6-6
#8 BK 5-7 (better breakdown record than Foot)
#9 Foot 5-7 (still alive for division but not wild card)

Smitty, Micro, and Stomp have all been eliminated from playoff contention.

Nobody has clinched a playoff spot yet although both Cheesehead and Harold are really close, but there are scenarios in which one of them could get left out of the playoffs.

B League Division Breakdown

In the Visogoths division, Monkey did what he had to in defeating Shady last week to stay alive and he is now one game back. Foot is also still alive for the division title at two games back. If either Monkey or Foot catch Shady they will hold the tiebreaker with a better division record than him. If it ends up in a three way tie at 7-5, Foot would win the division with the best division record, so Shady must stay ahead of them to win the division.

In the Ostrogoths division, Cheesehead won and OBX defeated Barilko so Cheesehead holds a two game lead over OBX for the division. The only way OBX can win it is if he wins out and Cheesehead loses out.

In the Huns division, Sam beat Harold last week, but still needs a lot of help as he has to win his next two games and Harold has to lose his next two games in order for Sam to win the division with a better division record.

As far as the wild card goes there are still way too many scenarios to go over with all these teams still alive, but next week I'm sure will eliminate some possibilities.

Movin' on Up

OBX not only beat Barilko, but he also extended his breakdown lead to 9.5 games also. It's still a two horse race between those two.

OBX 104-27-1
Barilko 95-37

Descending into the depths of hell

Micro 5.5 power ranking
Stomp 5.5 power ranking
Smitty 7.0 power ranking

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparison to last year. Some interesting things. Tlance almost has an identical breakdown record this year and is 6-6 compared to 10-2 last year, which is very interesting because with that breakdown record, if all things were equal he should be 8-4.

If this was last year, Barilko's 95-37 record would have given him a 7 game breakdown lead over Face for the best record who was 87-41-4 after week 12. But this year he's 9.5 games back of OBX!!

MBBRL_WEEK_12.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion for future season...

when playoff season comes, we can also add a a toilet bowl to more fairly decide who gets demoted or sent into oblivion... Plus it would be fun to EARN your spot back...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rule change suggestion for future season...

when playoff season comes, we can also add a a toilet bowl to more fairly decide who gets demoted or sent into oblivion... Plus it would be fun to EARN your spot back...

I'm not sure how that would work since two teams move down.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how that would work since two teams move down.

Just like the regular playoffs. The last 4 teams compete in a playoff. The winner is saved.

Doesn't really change how we decide to demote teams. It just allows a team to earn its right back into the league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the regular playoffs. The last 4 teams compete in a playoff. The winner is saved.

Doesn't really change how we decide to demote teams. It just allows a team to earn its right back into the league.

Yeah.... it would have to be a situation where ties are involved...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, Fuzzy, Milk, Joe, Face and Ram have all been eliminated because they can't catch their division leaders or Steelers for the wild card.

Is it me or are Fuzzy and Joe the best looking 4-8 teams in fantasy football history. The schedule makers have not been kind to you guys.
Think TKO said it best:
your roster is 4-8... most points against, congrats!
And that includes both leagues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparison to last year. Some interesting things. Tlance almost has an identical breakdown record this year and is 6-6 compared to 10-2 last year, which is very interesting because with that breakdown record, if all things were equal he should be 8-4.

If this was last year, Barilko's 95-37 record would have given him a 7 game breakdown lead over Face for the best record who was 87-41-4 after week 12. But this year he's 9.5 games back of OBX!!

MBBRL_WEEK_12.jpg
Ha. I have more points this year than last.

Would not have guessed that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.... it would have to be a situation where ties are involved...

Ok, so using this logic, let's say we play 14 regular season weeks and someone finishes last in the standings, last in points, and last in breakdown. Why in the hell should they get a chance to redeem themselves with two lucky weeks if they had 14 weeks to prove themselves in the first place? If we just used record as a determination for moving people down i would agree with that because as you can see by Joe and Fuzzy's records, their teams are much better than their records indicate, but that is the whole reason that we use points and breakdown as a determination too. If we just used record, Fuzzy and Joe would be in the bottom 3 this year, but since we use those other factors as well, neither one of them is in any danger of being relegated.

That's the reason that it's the regular season breakdown champ that is the only guaranteed ticket to the A league from the B league. Wil and the founding fathers knew that the playoffs are a crap shoot in which not necessarily the best team wins the championship, so instead of just rewarding the Super Bowl champ, we also reward the team that was the best for the entire season, not just a mini tournament at the end of the year. It truly is a brilliant way to do things in a league like this since both the best team in the playoffs (Super Bowl Champ) and the best team for the course of the entire season (breakdown champ) get rewarded.

If anything, in the A league I would be more for the bottom person moving down always and the next two people playing each other to see who the 2nd team to go down should be, because that essentially is exactly what we do to decide who should move up in the B league. Those two teams could play each other in week 16 to coincide with the Super Bowl. In the B league, I'm not so sure about oblivion anyway. The oblivion was not really set up for performing poorly in the standings, it was more for if somebody performed poorly, didn't post anything, and didn't care about their team anymore so I don't really think it's relevant to this discussion as they will be dealt with regardless of if they won a game in week 16. It's not like finishing last guarantees that you will kicked out of the league. If that was the case I could see that being relevant, but since it's not, I don't see what the point would be.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so using this logic, let's say we play 14 regular season weeks and someone finishes last in the standings, last in points, and last in breakdown. Why in the hell should they get a chance to redeem themselves with two lucky weeks if they had 14 weeks to prove themselves in the first place? If we just used record as a determination for moving people down i would agree with that because as you can see by Joe and Fuzzy's records, their teams are much better than their records indicate, but that is the whole reason that we use points and breakdown as a determination too. If we just used record, Fuzzy and Joe would be in the bottom 3 this year, but since we use those other factors as well, neither one of them is in any danger of being relegated.

That's the reason that it's the regular season breakdown champ that is the only guaranteed ticket to the A league from the B league. Wil and the founding fathers knew that the playoffs are a crap shoot in which not necessarily the best team wins the championship, so instead of just rewarding the Super Bowl champ, we also reward the team that was the best for the entire season, not just a mini tournament at the end of the year. It truly is a brilliant way to do things in a league like this since both the best team in the playoffs (Super Bowl Champ) and the best team for the course of the entire season (breakdown champ) get rewarded.

If anything, in the A league I would be more for the bottom person moving down always and the next two people playing each other to see who the 2nd team to go down should be, because that essentially is exactly what we do to decide who should move up in the B league. Those two teams could play each other in week 16 to coincide with the Super Bowl. In the B league, I'm not so sure about oblivion anyway. The oblivion was not really set up for performing poorly in the standings, it was more for if somebody performed poorly, didn't post anything, and didn't care about their team anymore so I don't really think it's relevant to this discussion as they will be dealt with regardless of if they won a game in week 16. It's not like finishing last guarantees that you will kicked out of the league. If that was the case I could see that being relevant, but since it's not, I don't see what the point would be.

That's why you are the man.

Well said

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, the point is that it gives guys who made wrong choices and bad decisions a chance for redemption.

Man, that Joker gif was creepy. Sorry Heath, I must replace you.

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

Lol, a different kinda creepy.

Anyway, if we took Milk's suggestion and also got serious about oblivion, it might make for some interesting and energetic dynamics.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like finishing last guarantees that you will kicked out of the league. If that was the case I could see that being relevant, but since it's not, I don't see what the point would be.

Here's the thing. Oblivion should be relevant, or what is the point of having it in the first place? Enforcing that rule combined with Milk's redemption scenario is a pretty cool and fun idea, imo.

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a couple things

1. I never said that the bottom 4 would be based on record alone... I would rather of course have it be the bottom 4 in break down...

2. Only the winner of the toilet bowl is safe, if you are the worst team you must win to be safe

3. I do think there would have to be an add/drop rule saying no teams in the toilet bowl playoff can add/drop a player during that playoff...

I would not be opposed to your suggestion of just having the 11th and 10th team face off... and can see this to be a great compromise... Although i do prefer my idea since i think it is just flat out fun, and ultimately isn't that the point...

Oh... and debating with you is a lot of fun... you are very thorough...