• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole playoff thing is contrary to the foundation of the MBBRL. If such a 'rule' had been in-place in years past, Sammy and other charter members may not be Barbarians now. To make that type of change would be unfair, in my estimation, to those who have been fallen in the past. The current system takes into account a full season of work, not just one lucky game. It is fairest system I've seen in any league.

My team sucks and if I get sent down (which is very likely) so be it. I still say that in case of a breakdown tie, level of participation should be the first tiebreaker - that, to me, is consistent with the MBBRL foundation and guidelines.

My position on the matter will not change - done with discussion on my end.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole playoff thing is contrary to the foundation of the MBBRL. If such a 'rule' had been in-place in years past, Sammy and other charter members may not be Barbarians now. To make that type of change would be unfair, in my estimation, to those who have been fallen in the past. The current system takes into account a full season of work, not just one lucky game. It is fairest system I've seen in any league.

My team sucks and if I get sent down (which is very likely) so be it. I still say that in case of a breakdown tie, level of participation should be the first tiebreaker - that, to me, is consistent with the MBBRL foundation and guidelines.

My position on the matter will not change - done with discussion on my end.
Agreed.

The idea does sound like "fun", yet, there's no reason to change anything, other than just to change something. no need to fix what ain't broken

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing. Oblivion should be relevant, or what is the point of having it in the first place? Enforcing that rule combined with Milk's redemption scenario is a pretty cool and fun idea, imo.
The only reason oblivion wasn't a serious thing, was there were no viable alternatives. if the reemerging, MBBRL original (or near original at least) Dub, wants to take a shot at the Barbarians next year, I'm fairly certain oblivion will have meaning this year. and if whomever loses that spot to him sticks around,it'll have meaning the after that too

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason oblivion wasn't a serious thing, was there were no viable alternatives. if the reemerging, MBBRL original (or near original at least) Dub, wants to take a shot at the Barbarians next year, I'm fairly certain oblivion will have meaning this year. and if whomever loses that spot to him sticks around,it'll have meaning the after that too

you mean kramer and brees were not seriously considered??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually tried with Brees...couldn't even get him to wrap his head around the idea of being nominated.

would have loved to do a league with him... he is so reactionary that you know he would have dropped some great players..

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I haven't done this all year, but I'd like to get an opinion from as many of you as I can because I need to win this week to keep my season alive. In one of my money leagues I keep guessing wrong all year on who to play in my lineup. I'm all set at QB, and tight end with Brees and Eifert, but I have to start two running backs, two wide receivers and a flex from these guys. It is half point PPR if that matters:

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers
Robert Kelley v. Cardinals
Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs
Frank Gore v. Jets
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs
Emmanuel Sanders v. Jaguars
Randall Cobb v. Texans
Desean Jackson v. Cardinals
Marvin Jones v. Saints

Now of course I'm going to start Julio, but things get kind of murky from there because the matchups for some of them are rough this week.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys I haven't done this all year, but I'd like to get an opinion from as many of you as I can because I need to win this week to keep my season alive. In one of my money leagues I keep guessing wrong all year on who to play in my lineup. I'm all set at QB, and tight end with Brees and Eifert, but I have to start two running backs, two wide receivers and a flex from these guys. It is half point PPR if that matters:

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers
Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs
Frank Gore v. Jets
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs

Randall Cobb v. Texans
Marvin Jones v. Saints

Now of course I'm going to start Julio, but things get kind of murky from there because the matchups for some of them are rough this week.

Bandit bolded are my take - - although given my track record this year you may just take it with a grain of salt. ..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is rough Bandit...

Gimme Martin, Coleman, Julio, Cobb and Gore.

I like Gore's ability to catch some more than Ajayi. Don't see a WR with a matchup good enough for flex. Texans good pass D, but that kind of helps Cobb I think, as he is the third option for the opposing D.

Sanders could continue from a strong week...but I would expect it vs the Jags

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to re-enact the helmet. .... all my ESPN leagues are link to this address. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 picks...

Milk Lucks out over TKO
SP Wares down Ram
Face Balds Chef
Tlance Cooks Treff
Fuzzy Crabs Lefty
Joe adVances passed Bandit

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is pert near the same(southern talk eh) as the elder statesmen of the MBBRL (sorry Treff did I just call you elder). Leave the MBBRL alone it works wonderfully as is

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have viable candidates to replace someone I agree that there shouldn't be a two week playoff to avoid relegation/oblivion.

However slightly related I think something like that would be awesome for a dynasty league to prevent tanking. Once the loser bracket starts in the dynasty playoffs the winner of that gets the #1 pick. I think it would be really hard to do something like that because we want to help the poorer performing teams the most for parity but I have always wanted a way to make those games competitive.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Running Backs

Doug Martin v. Chargers

Tevin Coleman v. Chiefs
Frank Gore v. Jets
Jay Ajayi v. Ravens

Wide Receivers

Julio Jones v. Chiefs

Randall Cobb v. Texans
Marvin Jones v. Saints

choices in bold good luck!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright boys, the Shady Sale is on again.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright boys, the Shady Sale is on again.

Was I even in the ballpark before? I don't want to make you the same offers if they are going to be rejected again. That's an insult to your intelligence.