• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade between Treff and TKO, tho. Now I gotta worry about that freakin' Brees.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prepping for a colonoscopy and got all kinds of medical cap going on
Sorry to here.
You must be around 50, then.
I'm closer to 60 and haven't had one.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @leftypower @Yellow Fuzzies @tlance @TKOSpikes @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @Chef99 @MilkSpiller22 @averagejoe @FaCe-LeE-uS @Trudem @Barilko @bksballer89 @obxyankeefan @Microwahevo @HaroldSeattle @Sam Sportboy @Stomp @SoShady @The Foot @SmokingMonkey @broncosmitty

So we had talked about this earlier in the season, but I'm not sure we ever finished the discussion or came to any kind of conclusion. We were discussing the seeding in the playoffs and it was brought up that the #4 seed (wild card) is usually a better team on paper than the #3 seed (the worst of the division winners) so it wasn't fair to the #1 seed to have to play the wild card team when they are a better team. We had discussed maybe moving to 6 teams making the playoffs, but that discussion would have to take place in the off-season because it changes the schedule. For this season and possibly the future, I suggested that the #1 overall seed get to choose his opponent the first week of the playoffs as a reward for being the #1 overall seed. He would have to choose the opponent by let's say Wednesday at 5:00pm because that would be after waivers clear for the week and he could see everybody's roster and make an informed decision on who he would like to play. I think this solves two things. One is that it actually gives an advantage to the person that earned the #1 seed and they should have some kind of advantage. Two is that it avoids the #1 seed having to play the wild card even if he is the 2nd best team. Not sure if this too would have to be a before season discussion or not, but it's not like changing that rule would effect anything. The same four teams would still make the playoffs and it's not like anybody's going to "try harder" to be the #1 seed than they already do. Need to hear from both leagues on this though because we need to stay consistent in both leagues. In fact, it's even more meaningful in the B league where the Super Bowl champ moves up. Commish I leave it to you if it's something you want to do.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF @leftypower @Yellow Fuzzies @tlance @TKOSpikes @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @Chef99 @MilkSpiller22 @averagejoe @FaCe-LeE-uS @Trudem @Barilko @bksballer89 @obxyankeefan @Microwahevo @HaroldSeattle @Sam Sportboy @Stomp @SoShady @The Foot @SmokingMonkey @broncosmitty

So we had talked about this earlier in the season, but I'm not sure we ever finished the discussion or came to any kind of conclusion. We were discussing the seeding in the playoffs and it was brought up that the #4 seed (wild card) is usually a better team on paper than the #3 seed (the worst of the division winners) so it wasn't fair to the #1 seed to have to play the wild card team when they are a better team. We had discussed maybe moving to 6 teams making the playoffs, but that discussion would have to take place in the off-season because it changes the schedule. For this season and possibly the future, I suggested that the #1 overall seed get to choose his opponent the first week of the playoffs as a reward for being the #1 overall seed. He would have to choose the opponent by let's say Wednesday at 5:00pm because that would be after waivers clear for the week and he could see everybody's roster and make an informed decision on who he would like to play. I think this solves two things. One is that it actually gives an advantage to the person that earned the #1 seed and they should have some kind of advantage. Two is that it avoids the #1 seed having to play the wild card even if he is the 2nd best team. Not sure if this too would have to be a before season discussion or not, but it's not like changing that rule would effect anything. The same four teams would still make the playoffs and it's not like anybody's going to "try harder" to be the #1 seed than they already do. Need to hear from both leagues on this though because we need to stay consistent in both leagues. In fact, it's even more meaningful in the B league where the Super Bowl champ moves up. Commish I leave it to you if it's something you want to do.
I like it! :thumb:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrence West on the block

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may need to think about an expanded playoff.
I like it.
But at the same time I don't want to mess with MBBRL tradition.

Looking at 2015 A-league final standings...
...looks like one team would be the 5th seed with a losing record (6-8) per ESPN.
In 2014 another team seems to qualify as the 6th seed 7-6-1, again per ESPN, with other 8-6 teams out there.
2013, another 6-8 team looks to qualify as the 5th seed.

Even this year.... I'm 4-6 but own the 5th-best power ranking. Would I qualify as the 5th seed in that format? I don't think it's right for a losing record to make it...
Do we really want to go down that road?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like four playoff teams in this league. This is the best league I've ever been in, and that is part of it.

LOVE the 1st seed gets choice opponent. LOVE.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it at 4. That makes the season and every game matter, I am in one league where I gave up last week's game because it doesn't really hurt me. You can't afford to do that here.

I do like the #1 seed getting to pick. This year in the B league the three best teams are all in the same division. Making it mean something to win that division, would be nice.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I never fissures that discussion as pertaining to this season, either way. but I'm not against allowing the #1 seed dibs on the opponent, this year or otherwise.

I don't however want to see six teams..if, as Joe mentioned, we could end up in roughly half the years having a #5 seed with a losing record..6 is obviously pushing it