• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no difference to me. 4 teams or 6, if we go to 6 the #1 and #2 gets byes thus no need to pick. If 4 sure let 'em pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I never fissures that discussion as pertaining to this season, either way. but I'm not against allowing the #1 seed dibs on the opponent, this year or otherwise.

I don't however want to see six teams..if, as Joe mentioned, we could end up in roughly half the years having a #5 seed with a losing record..6 is obviously pushing it

I vote 12 teams should make the playoffs.... I just want a chance to win this league before i get sent down!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the pick your opponent part. Think I'd rather keep playoff teams to 4.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like changing rules in season, but the pick your opponent concept I can live with...note to #1 seed- be careful what you wish for...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pick opponent is good by me scary as in what Fuzzy said

but please stick to 4 the MBBRL Tradition should live on

as i always say save the changes for the other leagues

i love the stability and consistency of OUR MBBRL

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may need to think about an expanded playoff.
I like it.
But at the same time I don't want to mess with MBBRL tradition.

Looking at 2015 A-league final standings...
...looks like one team would be the 5th seed with a losing record (6-8) per ESPN.
In 2014 another team seems to qualify as the 6th seed 7-6-1, again per ESPN, with other 8-6 teams out there.
2013, another 6-8 team looks to qualify as the 5th seed.

Even this year.... I'm 4-6 but own the 5th-best power ranking. Would I qualify as the 5th seed in that format? I don't think it's right for a losing record to make it...
Do we really want to go down that road?

Honestly, going to 6 was just one thing that was discussed, but like I said, that's more of a discussion for the off-season and honestly I like leaving it at four and having the #1 seed choose personally. As to your question about the how the other wild cards would be determined, right now the wild card goes strictly off of record and then if there is a tie it goes to breakdown record first, then points second. So right now Chef would be the #1 seed at 9-1, TKO would be the #2 seed at 6-4 (he wins the division tie-breaker over Bandit because he has a better division record, Treff would be the #3 seed as the other division winner at 6-4, Steelers would be the #4 seed with the best wild card record (7-3), Bandit would be the #5 with the 2nd best wild card record (6-4), Lefty would be the #6 seed with the third best wild card record (5-5). The breakdown record is used as the first tiebreaker, but only if there are ties for the wild card spot and right now there wouldn't be. For division titles it goes record, division record, breakdown record, points. For wild card it goes record, breakdown record, points. Hope that explains it to everybody that is wondering about how the playoff spots are picked also. DON'T GO BY ESPN!! THE RANKINGS THEY HAVE MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

By the way and I mean this very light-heartedly, but Joe most of the time your first name becomes Dammit when I am reading posts. As in, dammit Joe now I'm going to have to do the standings so I can answer this question, or dammit Joe now I'm going to have to look back to last year to see how we decide the division winners and wild card winners. :gaah::lol:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like changing rules in season, but the pick your opponent concept I can live with...note to #1 seed- be careful what you wish for...

And that's one of the other reason that I like him to pick his opponent, because nothing motivates anybody like another team thinking they are his best shot at advancing to the championship. Not sure if we need to Treff as I haven't really seen anybody that thinks it's a bad idea, but maybe we should put up a poll that just gives two options:

Let the #1 seed pick his opponent the first week of the playoffs

Leave everything exactly how it is now (#1 plays the wild card and #2 plays #3)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way and I mean this very light-heartedly, but Joe most of the time your first name becomes Dammit when I am reading posts. As in, dammit Joe now I'm going to have to do the standings so I can answer this question, or dammit Joe now I'm going to have to look back to last year to see how we decide the division winners and wild card winners. :gaah::lol:
Sorry and thanks? :noidea:
But I love how thorough you are.
I know I probably can't talk you out of it, but it seems like the expansion to 6 playoff teams is being shot down anyway. No need to look. But if you still decide to do it... you have several months.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I'm pretty torn on this. How cool would it be for a .500 team to get in and run the table, kinda like the NFL right? Then again, hate to mess with this league (is this year 4 or 5?). Anyway, I absolutely hate the pick your poison playoff thingy....................

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's one of the other reason that I like him to pick his opponent, because nothing motivates anybody like another team thinking they are his best shot at advancing to the championship. Not sure if we need to Treff as I haven't really seen anybody that thinks it's a bad idea, but maybe we should put up a poll that just gives two options:

Let the #1 seed pick his opponent the first week of the playoffs

Leave everything exactly how it is now (#1 plays the wild card and #2 plays #3)

Can't see any reason to not do a poll..everyone loves polls!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of the #1 seed choosing their opponent. However I am happy to leave it at 4 playoff teams as I think that is one of the reasons this league is so competitive. I also love that we have the pick your draft spot/division this year.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of cool... I had the 12th waiver spot... figured I had nothing to lose by putting in a claim for a player (can't drop lower than 12, right?)... not only did I get the claim, but I moved up to the 10th spot.
:noidea:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of cool... I had the 12th waiver spot... figured I had nothing to lose by putting in a claim for a player (can't drop lower than 12, right?)... not only did I get the claim, but I moved up to the 10th spot.
:noidea:

Yep - the last few weeks have gotten real busy. Now the waiver claim system in place doesn't seem so bad does it ?

BTW - who in CHI, outside of Miller, benefits the most from the Jeffery susp ??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - the last few weeks have gotten real busy. Now the waiver claim system in place doesn't seem so bad does it ?

Meh.just cuz I benefited, greatly, from it, twice...doesn't mean I like it

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no difference to me. 4 teams or 6, if we go to 6 the #1 and #2 gets byes thus no need to pick. If 4 sure let 'em pick.

same

4 teams let the #1 guy pick, it's always funny when someone screws themselves over in any game, especially one for Braggin Rights

6 teams bye fixes it like Lefty said.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is Eddie royal. He and Cutler have history. And with jay's recent woes, I wouldn't be surprised if he ignores Meredith being double-covered.