• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'm with you on this issue. The idea is to win a championship. Dropping a good player for a someone that may get you a small amount of points for one week kind of works against the idea/ sprite of trying to win the championship. There are consequences, in Shady case it most likely cost him the win, because he lost by less then 2 points, pretty sure he could of chosen a D that would of got him that. However it would of cost him a good player, one he most likely would not get back. Now he went from leading the division to tied in the division.
Also want to point out that last year, there was a team that didn't have active players every week ( if memory serves me right). There was no penalty tacked on and not nearly the amount of out cry that is going on in this case. Personally much rather see someone do this to try to win the whole thing, then seeing someone get forgetful, or worse quit trying.
In short the goal is to win the war (championship), if risking a lost to keep the better players is worth it to a team, why is this not OK? So you can force him to drop a player, he really wants to keep ?

This is missing the point. the point is the staves if this league are higher than bending the rules in an attempt to gain an advantage, it's not about wins and losses , it's about ethics.

But if we're talking wins and losses...how is it fair to the 10 other owners that his opponent last week gets a cheap W? how is it fair to all 11 of you that his point total is hurting you all in the A vs B battle?

You bring up this example from last year, which I am only imagine was Foot, all I can say is maybe life happened, maybe a family member died, maybe there was a career change, maybe family problems, maybe every Saturday night he ate bad sushi and was in the bathroom all day every Sunday...I don't know, nor do I care, shit happens and sometimes fantasy football takes a back seat. someone intentionally pushing the boundaries of right and wrong is worlds away from whatever reason as to why someone quasi abandoned their team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you still have to start an active roster, @canesandfinsfanatic - wasn't that one of Will's Golden Rules?

Well I know that you aren't supposed to abandon your lineup or leave guys in that are on a bye, but that's not the case here. It would a conscious strategic decision that I'd rather have 0 than drop someone from my roster. The Packers playing on Thursday really kind of screwed me. I might still drop the Ravens defense for somebody, but I haven't made up my mind yet.

This is missing the point. the point is the staves if this league are higher than bending the rules in an attempt to gain an advantage, it's not about wins and losses , it's about ethics.

But if we're talking wins and losses...how is it fair to the 10 other owners that his opponent last week gets a cheap W? how is it fair to all 11 of you that his point total is hurting you all in the A vs B battle?

You bring up this example from last year, which I am only imagine was Foot, all I can say is maybe life happened, maybe a family member died, maybe there was a career change, maybe family problems, maybe every Saturday night he ate bad sushi and was in the bathroom all day every Sunday...I don't know, nor do I care, shit happens and sometimes fantasy football takes a back seat. someone intentionally pushing the boundaries of right and wrong is worlds away from whatever reason as to why someone quasi abandoned their team

Ok, what about canesandfinfanatic basically doing the same thing earlier this season ?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, what about canesandfinfanatic basically doing the same thing earlier this season ?
Just double checked every box score for the year, Bandit never left a spot open, nor started a player in a bye. he openly talked abut possibly doing it if a solution didn't present itself, but regardless, one way or the other, he filled the spot.

And even than, still a big difference between strategically leaving in a bye week player, than making moves to purposely leave a spot empty in order to save a roster spot for a different position at least leaving the guy in on a bye isn't doing so to stash someone else.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with guys like Bar, Sam, Foot, you yourself Harold, all always willing to talk trade turkey..there's no way a deal to accommodate this whole thing couldn't have been made if the effort was made

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a WR. Not sure how. Anyone desperate for a RB?

I looked at everyone's team, did not come up with anything respectable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just double checked every box score for the year, Bandit never left a spot open, nor started a player in a bye. he openly talked abut possibly doing it if a solution didn't present itself, but regardless, one way or the other, he filled the spot.

And even than, still a big difference between strategically leaving in a bye week player, than making moves to purposely leave a spot empty in order to save a roster spot for a different position at least leaving the guy in on a bye isn't doing so to stash someone else.

Nobody but Chef said squat when Bandit openly spoke of leaving in someone with a bye. Kind gives the impression that it wasn't against the rules.
Also Barilko actually did leave someone on a bye in his starting lineup ( Barbarians) and Chef gave him some grief about it, then apologized after talking with Bandit ( and nobody speaking up).

Hey @Barilko , my apologies for that Walk of Shame. I thought one of Wilwhite's big rules was to always have all active players on your roster.

Just for you, bud, I shall now take:

The Walk of Shame

"Shame! Shame! Shame!"

71704.FamilyGuyShame.gif.pagespeed.ce.EYFwg61lIM.gif

(You gotta admit it was a pretty good bit, tho. ;))

In short, I think there has been some confusion about what is OK and what isn't and also what is spelled out in the actual rules vs unwritten rules.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody but Chef said squat when Bandit openly spoke of leaving in someone with a bye. Kind gives the impression that it wasn't against the rules.
Also Barilko actually did leave someone on a bye in his starting lineup ( Barbarians) and Chef gave him some grief about it, then apologized after talking with Bandit ( and nobody speaking up).

In short, I think there has been some confusion about what is OK and what isn't and also what is spelled out in the actual rules vs unwritten rules.

In my defense, the only reason I mentioned it (in Ram's case) was because he made a move on Sunday, proving he was active, and keeping a zero for the Bengals DST when they're at the Giants the following, when you're 3-5 was very odd to me.

Was kinda just asking, "what up, ram?"

I did not think it would escalate.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok First off, the thing with Barilko was meant to be in fun. He loves the MBBRL more than any of us and took it to heart. At the time I was under the impression that it was one of Wil's cardinal rules. Bandit told me I was wrong, and I apologized to Barilko, again, in a joking matter. End of story in my book, and if it's not, it's between Barilko and myself.

As to the latest discussion, I was simply stating my opinion, and it won't change. I wasn't singling anyone out, didn't know about Ram and I had no idea about Shady until I checked out the scoreboard on ESPN and went through the Barbarians thread this morning before I left for work.

Not trying to make much ado about anything, just stating my point of view.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had faith that Bandit would figure it out.

But regardless, different circumstances, pointing out these similar things isn't justifying anything,because this is different than that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though..

No matter what anyone thinks, or how anyone feels, there's no punishment of any kind for Shady or Ram, or anyone else that has done or will do anything similar because there is nothing in our rules specifically against this stuff, only because we never dreamed it would happen but regardless, nothing will come if this, this year. so why we're synch a big deal is beyond me.

However, what will come if it is changes to the league constitution gong forward

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though..

No matter what anyone thinks, or how anyone feels, there's no punishment of any kind for Shady or Ram, or anyone else that has done or will do anything similar because there is nothing in our rules specifically against this stuff, only because we never dreamed it would happen but regardless, nothing will come if this, this year. so why we're synch a big deal is beyond me.

However, what will come if it is changes to the league constitution gong forward

:clap:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yellow Fuzzies , one last ditch offer your way. I don't think I have what your needing, but you've got what I want, so I gotta try.

@averagejoe , depending on Fuzz's response, I'll be accepting one of those two counters,just not sure which yet, are you okay with waiting or do you need an answer before waivers process?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you okay with waiting or do you need an answer before waivers process?
I'm okay waiting.
I may not do anything in waivers, but may change my mind before I hit the hay.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yellow Fuzzies , one last ditch offer your way. I don't think I have what your needing, but you've got what I want, so I gotta try.

@averagejoe , depending on Fuzz's response, I'll be accepting one of those two counters,just not sure which yet, are you okay with waiting or do you need an answer before waivers process?

By the new look of your roster... and newer to come, is last week's deal "so last week!"?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes
Would you want any of my WR for Rawls?