• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I think you guys are creating much ado about nothing here. If someone routinely and intentionally, (either by strategy or inattention) leaves spots open, they should be out of the league.

That said, I don't think that happened here.

I have been in spots in other leagues where I had 2-3 key players on bye and a couple others injured. I try all week to negotiate a trade, but no worthwhile deals come my way. 5 minutes before kickoff, I am faced with a choice: drop a core player for a bye week replacement, or roll with the 0.

As long as the owner in question has made every reasonable effort (including seeking trades) to correct this problem, I think it is wrong to say there should be an additional consequence for someone starting a bye week player. Things happen.

It would Be a mistake to force a punishment on an owner already in a tough spot. We have all proven ourselves to be dedicated and sportsmanlike. Adding a consequence for this misdemeanor would be like grounding your son after he fell out of a tree and broke his arm. Sometimes the natural consequence is plenty.

Again.... it was the Bengals. They are not a core part of any fantasy team except maybe milk's bust league. In general, I get what you're saying, but this isn't that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides,there are other ways to avoid leaving empty spots..like say..maybe not feeling the need to stash Dion Lewis off waivers when, even if he's activated, has the same bye week as more the half your roster, and rather than field a full team, keeping him...that's skating around the rules in an effort to gain an advantage..not kosher

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again.... it was the Bengals. They are not a core part of any fantasy team except maybe milk's bust league. In general, I get what you're saying, but this isn't that.

I am not saying Ram is in the right here. What I am saying is that I sincerely hope the league does not make rules that penalize teams struck with short term injury/bye blues. I understand your points about Ram's case, but there is much gray area here.

You guys could be passing rule that will force an owner to drop a 10-15 point scorer so that they can gain an extra 3 points in a matchup they will almost surely lose anyhow. IMO, that is far worse for the owner and the league as a whole than starting a bye week player 1 time.

Because let's face it. The only way I would not want to drop a guy is he were a starting caliber player. If I have 6 starters out in 1 week, I am not going to have a good week regardless of what I do.

Again, it is important to weigh each situation on a case by case basis. As long as the owner can prove that he made a reasonable effort, all should be forgiven. Dropping a guy like Doug Martin would not be reasonable, IMO.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Ram is in the right here. What I am saying is that I sincerely hope the league does not make rules that penalize teams struck with short term injury/bye blues. I understand your points about Ram's case, but there is much gray area here.

You guys could be passing rule that will force an owner to drop a 10-15 point scorer so that they can gain an extra 3 points in a matchup they will almost surely lose anyhow. IMO, that is far worse for the owner and the league as a whole than starting a bye week player 1 time.

Because let's face it. The only way I would not want to drop a guy is he were a starting caliber player. If I have 6 starters out in 1 week, I am not going to have a good week regardless of what I do.

Again, it is important to weigh each situation on a case by case basis. As long as the owner can prove that he made a reasonable effort, all should be forgiven. Dropping a guy like Doug Martin would not be reasonable, IMO.

I agree with that. But the avoidance of that is so easy. If your team has a shit load of same byes, you should be prepared for that. If your five starters are out on bye, sure it can get messy. I think you should have an obligation to make preparations through trade in those rare instances. And especially when it comes to a DST or a K.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like SP...on a lighter note....

Trading block updated, looking for a TE to civet Walker's bye in Week 11, and a QB upgrade on Cam, and, as always, always looking for more and better RB's

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like SP...on a lighter note....

Trading block updated, looking for a TE to civet Walker's bye in Week 11, and a QB upgrade on Cam, and, as always, always looking for more and better RB's

Walker's bye is week 13 I believe.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said this earlier - no problem with holding a player rather than drop. BUT in standard leagues, I feel you should have all starting positions covered on your roster every week - - even if they happen to be on a bye. This does not apply to dynasty. ...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:slaphappy:Rock the vote boys rock the vote but don't forget your claims

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one worthy of #1 claim in my estimation..but definitely voting! BTW, my candidate does not want to build a wall....between us and Canada
Meanwhile are you in Black Hole heaven after knocking off your fave Donkeys

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile are you in Black Hole heaven after knocking off your fave Donkeys
Ya know, it was actually kind of bittersweet. as a raider fan I'm ecstatic, and I won lunch on the boss (Coloradoans in general are so blind when it comes to their Donkeys). but as a fantasy player, the 4 pts the D got here in MBBRL cost me a lot of all play W's, and the negative 0.9 they got in my money league gave me a loss to my baby sister of all people. Gah!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still at work but I had a thought about this vacant spot....

What if we're jumping the gun here? What if shady had something come up? If i remeber he said he was in 20 leagues. Maybe he meant to go back and take care of it? Or forgot to select the submit button? or maybe real life got in the way on that day?

He doesn't have a rep for doing this and as far as I know it was his first offense. Just throwing that possibility out there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think I'm with you on this issue. The idea is to win a championship. Dropping a good player for a someone that may get you a small amount of points for one week kind of works against the idea/ sprite of trying to win the championship. There are consequences, in Shady case it most likely cost him the win, because he lost by less then 2 points, pretty sure he could of chosen a D that would of got him that. However it would of cost him a good player, one he most likely would not get back. Now he went from leading the division to tied in the division.
Also want to point out that last year, there was a team that didn't have active players every week ( if memory serves me right). There was no penalty tacked on and not nearly the amount of out cry that is going on in this case. Personally much rather see someone do this to try to win the whole thing, then seeing someone get forgetful, or worse quit trying.
In short the goal is to win the war (championship), if risking a lost to keep the better players is worth it to a team, why is this not OK? So you can force him to drop a player, he really wants to keep ?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still at work but I had a thought about this vacant spot....

What if we're jumping the gun here? What if shady had something come up? If i remeber he said he was in 20 leagues. Maybe he meant to go back and take care of it? Or forgot to select the submit button? or maybe real life got in the way on that day?

He doesn't have a rep for doing this and as far as I know it was his first offense. Just throwing that possibility out there.
From the B league thread:
@SoShady you going without a D ?

Yeah I really couldn't rationalize dropping DJ, Blount, Lewis, Jeffery, Hopkins or Eifert for a team defense. I guess if we had a IR I could have had a D today. But such is life. Now I get to bite my nails that Siemian and Procise can't overtake me. I really expected a lot more from Hill, Perkins and Dixon today. So much for the young RB's being more involved lol.

Pretty sure it was intentional