• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Joe. Being an original I knew you would give me the real deal.
Remind me as it gets closer.
I'll still keep thinking about some "attractions" for your visit.
Oh! The "bean" at Millennial Park is a big tourist thing.

14338853-Cloud-Gate-The-bean-at-Millennium-Park-Chicago-on-June-9-2012-Stock-Photo.jpg

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might get a little sappy toward the end and I honestly mean no offense to anyone as like I said, I am just as guilty as everybody else, but I did some calculating (which should come as no shock to anybody that has read my stuff in the past) and I know that most of us in this league are more dedicated to fantasy football than most and I'm sure you will agree that there are 17 regular season game Sundays, you also have to add Thursday night and Monday night. Then if you watch the playoffs that has to be accounted for, so we're really talking about 18 twelve hour days which is from 12:00pm to 12:00am on each Sunday and on Thanksgiving (216 hours) + 33 four hour nights for every Thursday and Monday night game except Thanksgiving which has already been accounted for (132 hours) + 6 eight hour days for the playoffs (2 games each day on Saturday and Sunday two straight weeks, the Sunday of the NFC and AFC title games, and the Super Bowl which is an all day event which totals 48 hours) so we are at 396 hours spent watching football at this point. That doesn't include any time we spend on this message board, setting lineups, looking at trades, doing add/drops, reading any articles we think might help us (although we are all good enough that we shouldn't but we do anyway) which probably totals at least another six hours a week during the fantasy season which hopefully is 16 weeks for most of us (96 hours). Now we are going to throw in at least another 28 hours in pre-season research, charts, graphs, rankings, re-rankings, re-re-rankings, and drafts before the season starts. Now we are up to 520 hours a year spent on football. Most people on average between work and sleep have about 6 hours a day that can be spent with spouse or family (the other 18 hours are taken up with sleep, commuting to work, getting ready for work, going to the bathroom etc.) during the week and 16 hours on weekends. The standard work calendar this year is 250 days (250 * 6 = 1500 hours) with 116 for weekends and holidays (1856 hours). I can't factor in vacations because that's different for everybody so I'm sorry I'm not being thorough enough. That gives us an approximate total number of hours to spend with spouses, family, and friends at 3356 hours a year. We spend 520 of those hours either watching or working on pro football (some even more than that). That means we spend 15.5% of our free time just on pro football in one way or another. Let that melt over you a little bit. Now keep in mind that doesn't factor in any other sports, so if you watch college football (which I do some of but not near as much as I used to because I feel guilty) baseball, hockey, golf, whatever other sports you watch.

I'm not typing this by any means as if I am on my high horse, because let's face it, I've wasted an hour just doing this, but it kind of puts things in perspective and I'm just as guilty as anybody else in this, hell I'm in 9 leagues this year and that's a down year for me. But, I've tried like hell to not get mad when just one Sunday during football season my wife asks me to do something with her and the kids. Tomorrow we are going to the local fair in town so my 3 and 1 1/2 year olds can ride some rides and play some games and I will try like hell not to check my phone for scores (I hate when people do that). I will record the red zone channel and try to not get any updates so I can watch it when I get home constantly reminding myself that a couple of hours out of that 520 is okay because she still has to put up with a lot.
ha, amazing! love it

well to be honest, I was only referring to the one day where I ask to not do anything but the games, Mondays, Thursdays , College Saturdays, and even playoffs, I can take or leave. ..but all the other stuff, can't argue :)

that's and this was basically just a whine session venting episode, to the only peeps that might take my side ;)

well done fine sir

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might get a little sappy toward the end and I honestly mean no offense to anyone as like I said, I am just as guilty as everybody else, but I did some calculating (which should come as no shock to anybody that has read my stuff in the past) and I know that most of us in this league are more dedicated to fantasy football than most and I'm sure you will agree that there are 17 regular season game Sundays, you also have to add Thursday night and Monday night. Then if you watch the playoffs that has to be accounted for, so we're really talking about 18 twelve hour days which is from 12:00pm to 12:00am on each Sunday and on Thanksgiving (216 hours) + 33 four hour nights for every Thursday and Monday night game except Thanksgiving which has already been accounted for (132 hours) + 6 eight hour days for the playoffs (2 games each day on Saturday and Sunday two straight weeks, the Sunday of the NFC and AFC title games, and the Super Bowl which is an all day event which totals 48 hours) so we are at 396 hours spent watching football at this point. That doesn't include any time we spend on this message board, setting lineups, looking at trades, doing add/drops, reading any articles we think might help us (although we are all good enough that we shouldn't but we do anyway) which probably totals at least another six hours a week during the fantasy season which hopefully is 16 weeks for most of us (96 hours). Now we are going to throw in at least another 28 hours in pre-season research, charts, graphs, rankings, re-rankings, re-re-rankings, and drafts before the season starts. Now we are up to 520 hours a year spent on football. Most people on average between work and sleep have about 6 hours a day that can be spent with spouse or family (the other 18 hours are taken up with sleep, commuting to work, getting ready for work, going to the bathroom etc.) during the week and 16 hours on weekends. The standard work calendar this year is 250 days (250 * 6 = 1500 hours) with 116 for weekends and holidays (1856 hours). I can't factor in vacations because that's different for everybody so I'm sorry I'm not being thorough enough. That gives us an approximate total number of hours to spend with spouses, family, and friends at 3356 hours a year. We spend 520 of those hours either watching or working on pro football (some even more than that). That means we spend 15.5% of our free time just on pro football in one way or another. Let that melt over you a little bit. Now keep in mind that doesn't factor in any other sports, so if you watch college football (which I do some of but not near as much as I used to because I feel guilty) baseball, hockey, golf, whatever other sports you watch.

I'm not typing this by any means as if I am on my high horse, because let's face it, I've wasted an hour just doing this, but it kind of puts things in perspective and I'm just as guilty as anybody else in this, hell I'm in 9 leagues this year and that's a down year for me. But, I've tried like hell to not get mad when just one Sunday during football season my wife asks me to do something with her and the kids. Tomorrow we are going to the local fair in town so my 3 and 1 1/2 year olds can ride some rides and play some games and I will try like hell not to check my phone for scores (I hate when people do that). I will record the red zone channel and try to not get any updates so I can watch it when I get home constantly reminding myself that a couple of hours out of that 520 is okay because she still has to put up with a lot.
said the man who is still in love
lucky guy

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Scapegoat
Food.
Here's the thing if you go to Geno's East.... you must get an Italian sausage pizza. Even if you hate the sausage pizza you've tried at home or elsewhere. I won't eat sausage pizza outside Chicago either. Trust me.
And please, don't order a pizza from Pizza Hut, Dominos or Papa Johns.... :puke:
You should also try an Italian beef sandwich while you're here. Or a combo (which is Italian sausage and Italian beef on the same sandwich). You'll need lots of napkins.
Get a Greek gyro sandwich while you're here. (Even if you're not in Greek town.)
You may not know but Chicago is also the 4th-largest Hispanic populous in the US. Some lengua or chorizo tacos with all the fixings would hit the spot.
And you have to save room for at least 1 Chicago style hot dog. (And I'm not talking about a hot dog at Wrigley Field.)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I've gone nutso. Treff needed TE help, and being my opponent, I've helped him out.

To Treff: Walker and the Duke
To TKO: Blueberry Hill (hope I find my thrill)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I've gone nutso. Treff needed TE help, and being my opponent, I've helped him out.

To Treff: Walker and the Duke
To TKO: Blueberry Hill (hope I find my thrill)
nutso, sympathy, whatever ya call it, I hope Hill blows up..next week

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last call for a WR!

I have many good options ready for your week 6 lineup.

Will deal Benjamin or Cooks for a top flight QB1, or a quality RB.

Maclin, Coates and Meredith are available too. Not sure what I AM looking for
In return, but they are available.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sneaking around our little "lodge/cabin" in Estes Park before anyone else is awake, so you have to read this in a whisper.....

trading block updated. .not likely to get anything done this week as the guys I'm looking to move won't play till next week..but, their price tag also goes up next week too.

btw, this questionable tag crap when your not entirely sure if you'll be in a position to make changes when inactives are official. ..sucks elk balls

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Randall Cobb in my starting lineup.
Starks is out and Lacy is starting but has a an ankle issue.
Cobb is the designated RB2 to Lacy.

ESPN is putting a positive spin on Cobb's situation saying this:
Cobb is still likely to start at wide receiver, so any potential to get carries out of the backfield only increases his fantasy upside. The Packers aren't likely to run him much inside, but a few gadget plays to get him out wide with the ball in space is certainly a great situation for fantasy owners.
I couldn't disagree more.
Packers have no other RB on the roster other than FB Aaron Ripkowski.
The way I see it, the Packers keep Cobb on a pitch count at WR in case they need him at RB later in the game.
And with Lacy partially gimpy and unpredictable... just don't have a good feeling about this.

Am I the only 1 who sees it this way?
My other option is to start Landry but the Dolphins offense is a mess.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I see it, the Packers keep Cobb on a pitch count at WR in case they need him at RB later in the game.
And with Lacy partially gimpy and unpredictable... just don't have a good feeling about this.

in my opinion, they'll simply convert most of the running game to short passes and screens, keeping Lacy on the pitch count, so there shouldn't be a need for Cobb to play RB. Cobb should benefit from a few of those.
I don't see him getting much from the backfield, maybe 4-5 more targets though

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is Ty Montgomery they can sneak in at RB too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this greatly enhances Cobb's PPR potential.

It does not make sense to limit one of your top playmakers in order to save him in case you need to to be your injury replacement RB. There are many creative paths the Packers could take formation wise if they do lose Lacy. I seriously doubt that holding Cobb back is something they will consider.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the Fleener TD I was expecting....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady down... GULP

check down pass, got his toe stuck in the grass while getting hit on the side of the knee... holding my breath.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the week I think Foster is back I drop Ajayi... Then Ajayi goes off for 100+yds & 1 TD :L