• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable! my wife and my mother colluded against me. what was supposed to be a leisurely Saturday in Estes Park, watching the Elk wander through town in a sex drive induced haze..has now turned into an overnight, and before it happens o know how it'll go. .everyone will sleep in, insist on staying until brunch, then probably have to screw around for another 3 hrs, hour drive home. .I might catch the end of the late games if I'm lucky. :gaah::gaah::mad2::exploding:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable! my wife and my mother colluded against me. what was supposed to be a leisurely Saturday in Estes Park, watching the Elk wander through town in a sex drive induced haze..has now turned into an overnight, and before it happens o know how it'll go. .everyone will sleep in, insist on staying until brunch, then probably have to screw around for another 3 hrs, hour drive home. .I might catch the end of the late games if I'm lucky. :gaah::gaah::mad2::exploding:

That's married life! Good luck

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's married life! Good luck
I know right? geesh, I expected that from my mother, I swear she plans her visits to Colorado in her best efforts to mess with my Sundays...I feel like the guy in the Sunday ticket commercial who pushes his boat off the dock to avoid a weekend away from football. ..but I have no boat to push!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 days out of 356, doesn't seem like that big of a request

I hear you man. My wife does not get it either. Last week she wanted me to do something while I was watching the 4PM game. I politely told her I would do it later. She says:

Why? This isn't even a game you care about. The Redskins played earlier. I just looked at her and said:

How long have you known me?

Seriously though. I don't watch much college football. Aside from NFL Sundays, 90% of my TV watching happens after the kids go to bed. Thing is, she grew up in a family that never watched TV, so she thinks I watch way too much and she fusses at me every Sunday.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
swear she plans her visits to Colorado in her best efforts to mess with my Sundays...I feel like the guy in the Sunday ticket commercial who pushes his boat off the dock to avoid a weekend away from football. ..but I have no boat to push!

Gotta tell ya, as much as I'm sad for you... this was the funniest thing I read in a long time.
Maybe you need to listen to "Arts and Craftsy Tony Romo"... or you'll be eating "crownies."

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has now turned into an overnight, and before it happens o know how it'll go. .everyone will sleep in, insist on staying until brunch, then probably have to screw around for another 3 hrs, hour drive home. .I might catch the end of the late games if I'm lucky.
I hear you man. My wife does not get it either. Last week she wanted me to do something while I was watching the 4PM game. I politely told her I would do it later.

I'm lucky.. my wife is chronically ill, so she never wants to go anywhere.
While this is true, it is meant to be humorous.

This year was a leap year... 357 days.... just sayin'. Wives got an extra day this year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry @tlance was out with the lady, forgot to respond, i changed my mind on our deal. its square, but i need to keep the rb, they feed him too much

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might get a little sappy toward the end and I honestly mean no offense to anyone as like I said, I am just as guilty as everybody else, but I did some calculating (which should come as no shock to anybody that has read my stuff in the past) and I know that most of us in this league are more dedicated to fantasy football than most and I'm sure you will agree that there are 17 regular season game Sundays, you also have to add Thursday night and Monday night. Then if you watch the playoffs that has to be accounted for, so we're really talking about 18 twelve hour days which is from 12:00pm to 12:00am on each Sunday and on Thanksgiving (216 hours) + 33 four hour nights for every Thursday and Monday night game except Thanksgiving which has already been accounted for (132 hours) + 6 eight hour days for the playoffs (2 games each day on Saturday and Sunday two straight weeks, the Sunday of the NFC and AFC title games, and the Super Bowl which is an all day event which totals 48 hours) so we are at 396 hours spent watching football at this point. That doesn't include any time we spend on this message board, setting lineups, looking at trades, doing add/drops, reading any articles we think might help us (although we are all good enough that we shouldn't but we do anyway) which probably totals at least another six hours a week during the fantasy season which hopefully is 16 weeks for most of us (96 hours). Now we are going to throw in at least another 28 hours in pre-season research, charts, graphs, rankings, re-rankings, re-re-rankings, and drafts before the season starts. Now we are up to 520 hours a year spent on football. Most people on average between work and sleep have about 6 hours a day that can be spent with spouse or family (the other 18 hours are taken up with sleep, commuting to work, getting ready for work, going to the bathroom etc.) during the week and 16 hours on weekends. The standard work calendar this year is 250 days (250 * 6 = 1500 hours) with 116 for weekends and holidays (1856 hours). I can't factor in vacations because that's different for everybody so I'm sorry I'm not being thorough enough. That gives us an approximate total number of hours to spend with spouses, family, and friends at 3356 hours a year. We spend 520 of those hours either watching or working on pro football (some even more than that). That means we spend 15.5% of our free time just on pro football in one way or another. Let that melt over you a little bit. Now keep in mind that doesn't factor in any other sports, so if you watch college football (which I do some of but not near as much as I used to because I feel guilty) baseball, hockey, golf, whatever other sports you watch.

I'm not typing this by any means as if I am on my high horse, because let's face it, I've wasted an hour just doing this, but it kind of puts things in perspective and I'm just as guilty as anybody else in this, hell I'm in 9 leagues this year and that's a down year for me. But, I've tried like hell to not get mad when just one Sunday during football season my wife asks me to do something with her and the kids. Tomorrow we are going to the local fair in town so my 3 and 1 1/2 year olds can ride some rides and play some games and I will try like hell not to check my phone for scores (I hate when people do that). I will record the red zone channel and try to not get any updates so I can watch it when I get home constantly reminding myself that a couple of hours out of that 520 is okay because she still has to put up with a lot.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There weren't enough ratings to give.
That gives us an approximate total number of hours to spend with spouses, family, and friends at 3356 hours a year. We spend 520 of those hours either watching or working on pro football (some even more than that). That means we spend 15.5% of our free time just on pro football in one way or another. Let that melt over you a little bit.
Melting... :eek: :surprised:
Now keep in mind that doesn't factor in any other sports,
:L
I'm not typing this by any means as if I am on my high horse, because let's face it, I've wasted an hour just doing this,
:pound::laugh: :lol:
Tomorrow we are going to the local fair in town so my 3 and 1 1/2 year olds can ride some rides and play some games and I will try ...not to check my phone for scores (I hate when people do that).
:clap: :yahoo:
constantly reminding myself that a couple of hours out of that 520 is okay because she still has to put up with a lot.
:hail: :salute: :rockon: :humble::10: :agree: :thumb:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I've got a trip planned to Chicago in May. Cubs game, Gino's east. What else?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife want's to see the navy pier and the museum. Me too really.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did this in
Cape Cod a few weeks ago and though why not again in Chicago?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you still have that hockey rink in your yard I'd love to see it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal if you don't want to. It's good.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I've got a trip planned to Chicago in May. Cubs game, Gino's east. What else?
Let me think.
Not sure if you like trains? If you do, the Illinois Railway Museum is cool. They filmed the train scene in "A League of Their Own" there. Speaking of films, the IRM is very close to Woodstock where they filmed "Groundhog Day."
That might not be worth it if you're staying just 2 days. (Lots of antique places for her in the area too.)
Wife want's to see the navy pier and the museum. Me too really.
That's standard touristy stuff which is all good.
One thing you may want to do downtown is take a boat tour. The tours on Lake Michigan will get you some nice views of the city skyline. But a more expensive boat tour may be to take a river taxi on the Chicago River which will take you through downtown and see some of the iconic architecture. (I believe that's what Vince Vaughn's character did in the movie "The Breakup.")
If you still have that hockey rink in your yard I'd love to see it.
The ice rink was temporary for winter only. Or the grass dies.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me think.
Not sure if you like trains? If you do, the Illinois Railway Museum is cool. They filmed the train scene in "A League of Their Own" there. Speaking of films, the IRM is very close to Woodstock where they filmed "Groundhog Day."
That might not be worth it if you're staying just 2 days. (Lots of antique places for her in the area too.)

That's standard touristy stuff which is all good.
One thing you may want to do downtown is take a boat tour. The tours on Lake Michigan will get you some nice views of the city skyline. But a more expensive boat tour may be to take a river taxi on the Chicago River which will take you through downtown and see some of the iconic architecture. (I believe that's what Vince Vaughn's character did in the movie "The Breakup.")

The ice rink was temporary for winter only. Or the grass dies.

Thanks Joe. Being an original I knew you would give me the real deal.