• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One4 made a big play to get into the league, then essentially stopped posting after a few weeks, although he managed his team, and disappeared entirely after the season. Boomer was similar, but he posted more for about a month and then didn't even really keep his team up (and he lost a bet to Foot).

That made room for TKO, who was a shade too late to the party to make it in the first season but was always around, and Dawg (who was lost in the flood).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One 4 Golf

O yeah.... I remember him. His avi was a cartoon golfer dude, right? My recollection of boomer is hazy. But I remember the handle.

Hey, do you guys remember that when we joined CBS, under your avi was a designation like "amateur" or "superstar" based on the total number of your posts? When some joined CBS and saw their status was "amateur" they were offended. Especially if someone of the "superstar" designation was critical of their opinion.

Wow, I've been using the time machine a lot lately.
th

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - in fact One4 busily posted to get that superstar designation so we wouldn't use it against him - and then once he was in basically stopped posting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is surprising to me that the worst ever record is 4-10. When you have issues with top picks like Monkey has, it is easy for a season to get away from you.

Wil, do you know what the best is the best ever record to miss the playoffs? That is the record I am shooting for this season.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O yeah.... I remember him. His avi was a cartoon golfer dude, right? My recollection of boomer is hazy. But I remember the handle.

Hey, do you guys remember that when we joined CBS, under your avi was a designation like "amateur" or "superstar" based on the total number of your posts? When some joined CBS and saw their status was "amateur" they were offended. Especially if someone of the "superstar" designation was critical of their opinion.

Wow, I've been using the time machine a lot lately.
th

To go even further back what was got the whole thing started?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go even further back what was got the whole thing started?

Foot wanted to start a league where we all put in $1K and winner takes all. We all told him to pound sand and I'm pretty sure Will came up with the MBBRL idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone starting Percy Harvin this week?? I know I am!!!

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there ever was a before that. The One grand league that Foot proposed was the first mention of a league that I recall

We all met by posting weekly picks before the league idea ever came up. That's how the original members were invited.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scape's right - I think Foot started a little pick 5 at each position for the last few weeks of the season before the MBBRL; I ended up keeping track of it.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot wanted to start a league where we all put in $1K and winner takes all. We all told him to pound sand and I'm pretty sure Will came up with the MBBRL idea.

I forgot about the 1k.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot all of that. Good memory Scape. All I remember was 89% accuracy. Not that the 1K idea would have seen a dime from me, but looking at year 1, I surely would not have won. And DUB would've taken the cash and rarely been heard from again.

Speaking of money... when signing into CBS, the handle I wanted "cheapbohemian" was taken. So I went with averagejoe. Funny how things work out.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Request for Wil of MBBRL History: Just out of curiosity, what is the worst record in our history? Last year, there were three A league teams that went 5-9.

This sounds familiar. Didn't we just discuss this recently?

And I'm thinking if inserting Dixon vs the Jets over Gio vs Ravens (Ravens have been very stingy vs RB.) Crazy?

I'll do my best to persuade you away from making that mistake Joe. I'll preface it by saying that the Bills staff has already proven their limited mental capacity in the way they couldn't figure out how to utilize Spiller so even though it's easy to prove that Boobie isn't worth a start, that doesn't mean the Bills won't keep slamming their heads (or their Boobie) against the wall, doesn't mean it's going to be productive in the slightest though.

So last week against the Vikings, who by the way came into that week ranked in the low 20's as a rush defense, Dixon had 13 carries for 59 yards, or 3.9 a tote, pedestrian at best. Then, after his seventh carry, which was his big run of the day at a whopping 12 yards, the guy was absolutely spent. Had he keeled over right then and there I would not have been one bit surprised. He was getting 0-3 yards on plays where Lendale White could've found a hole and got ten. H'es not going to be a guy that gets volume, because he'll literally die, and he doesn't have anything even remotely resembling speed, and he has absolutely no moves to get around anyone. He's fat, slow, lacks vision, lacks mobility,lacks agility, and worst of all, lacks conditioning. If the Bills are actually serious about this guy being the starter, then they REALLY REALLY need a new coaching staff in Buffalo. Easily one of the worst Rb's I've ever seen be seriously considered for a a starting job

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Treff. But when I saw the Bills play the Bears in week 1, Dixon looked explosive, even if his 47-yard scamper merely padded to his total 60-yard day. And perhaps he did come in late in the game when Spiller and FJax needed to be spelled.

I just don't like the Gio matchup vs Baltimore. And more than that, Bryce Brown was essentially a healthy scratch (with Dixon ahead of him on the depth chart), and now BB is suddenly given the keys to the starting gig? Doesn't add up to me. And even if that is the way the game plays out, then can see BB getting chance after chance against the Jets only to fail miserably. Leaving Dixon the opportunity to come in get another 60 or 70 yards.

You make some good points.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that would persuade me.