• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. to the depth chart. . Like I mentioned, the Bills staff has already proven their idiocy. But the guy obviously got weaker and weaker the me touches he got, and you dint fix that in one week. That in and of itself is enough for me to say no to Boobie... and that'll be the only time I say no to Boobies

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do my best to persuade you away from making that mistake Joe. I'll preface it by saying that the Bills staff has already proven their limited mental capacity in the way they couldn't figure out how to utilize Spiller so even though it's easy to prove that Boobie isn't worth a start, that doesn't mean the Bills won't keep slamming their heads (or their Boobie) against the wall, doesn't mean it's going to be productive in the slightest though.

So last week against the Vikings, who by the way came into that week ranked in the low 20's as a rush defense, Dixon had 13 carries for 59 yards, or 3.9 a tote, pedestrian at best. Then, after his seventh carry, which was his big run of the day at a whopping 12 yards, the guy was absolutely spent. Had he keeled over right then and there I would not have been one bit surprised. He was getting 0-3 yards on plays where Lendale White could've found a hole and got ten. H'es not going to be a guy that gets volume, because he'll literally die, and he doesn't have anything even remotely resembling speed, and he has absolutely no moves to get around anyone. He's fat, slow, lacks vision, lacks mobility,lacks agility, and worst of all, lacks conditioning. If the Bills are actually serious about this guy being the starter, then they REALLY REALLY need a new coaching staff in Buffalo. Easily one of the worst Rb's I've ever seen be seriously considered for a a starting job

But he's a really nice guy..............

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know TKO disagrees to a certain degree, and he's more of a Bills guys than I am. . But I mean. .I REALLY didn't like what I saw from the guy last Sunday.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that would persuade me.

Which part? Treff's?

Numbers I'm looking at:
Gio's year-to-date average points = 12.8 per gm
Ravens' ytd avg vs RB = 9.6 per gm (best in NFL)
Jets' ytd avg vs RB = 13.4 per gm.
Dixon's ytd avg = I don't want to say. Just have a hunch.

Just don't want to see Gio get 57 yards and get 5 points. Compared to Dixon being held out of the game except for one goal-line opportunity and he gets a TD worth 6.

I'm not scrapping Gio. Just for week 8. And I truly believe Dixon ends up with more points. You need to try harder to convince me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part? Treff's?

Numbers I'm looking at:

Just don't want to see Gio get 57 yards and get 5 points. Compared to Dixon being held out of the game except for one goal-line opportunity and he gets a TD worth 6.

I'm not scrapping Gio. Just for week 8. And I truly believe Dixon ends up with more points. You need to try harder to convince me.

Well if that's all your going for, sure. But the Bills have exactly 2 rushing TD's, one of which was EJ Manuel. So I sure wouldn't put much hope into that one. And if that's a slim chance, he's not making up for it in yardage.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know TKO disagrees to a certain degree, and he's more of a Bills guys than I am. . But I mean. .I REALLY didn't like what I saw from the guy last Sunday.

So you thinking Brown or neither? I gotta start either him or Gerhart this week............yuck.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part? Treff's?

Numbers I'm looking at:

You're overthinking it IMO Joe.............

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you thinking Brown or neither? I gotta start either him or Gerhart this week............yuck.

Lol.. to be fair, no I don't see an above average day for Brown either. But not only does he have the disadvantage of the Bills running game in general. . He also has these coaches insisting on using the wrong guys, or the right guys but in the wrong ways. If take Brown over Boobie because at any given time he can make something happen, but I don't care much for the odds of either one. And it's not like the Jets are a pushover run D either. Ravens might only be allowing 9.6 puts to RB's on average, but the Jets are close at just over 13.

As to BB or Gerhert?? Coin flip to me.. but with the recent public anointing of Shoelace, I guess id go Bb

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was 1k a joke??

It kind of seems like a joke, but Foot had gotten a false sense of his fantasy abilities from playing with his homies. He was invincible and outrageous. I used to look forward to Foot's ranking just because they were so outlandish.
No disrespect meant Foot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown was inactive for three reasons. Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller and Special Teams. Treff, you're just a little over-down (is that a word?) on Dixon. He plays good special teams. Anyone that plays ST has to be a competent runner, with competant lungs. He is a masher who can catch, nobody is labelling him a feature back. He currently has 27 carries for 137 yards. Most of which result in him lying on a linebacker.

And to your point on Spiller, I don't get why the media plays it out like the Bills don't know how to use him. He's terrible at looking for holes and terrible in pass protection. Do you know how easy it is to defend when he's on the field? Contain is the only thing you need to do. He belongs in the CFL with wider fields. The only reason I drafted him (other than maybe blind bias), was I thought he was learning the position. He hasn't. He still thinks he can just go sideways and out run everyone. The problem is, if he learned to attack the holes that are given to him, the timely bounce to the outside would work.

As for Bryce Brown, well, you guys know as much as I do...Hopefully he doesn't try the bounce to often.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Dixon vs Gio...for me, it's Gio still, even against the Ravens. Although I understand your reasons (I almost started Pierce over Gore last week...and it would have been the correct move)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff convinced me. What's there about the Ravens D that's so scary for a top-notch RB? The teams they "stifled" are TB, Carolina and Atlanta, none of which actually have running backs. On the road the Ravens haven't been scary at all, Gio got 13 off them in Baltimore anyway and he's been tremendous at home, and he catches a lot of balls, which makes run-D a little beside the point anyway.

Compared to the out-of-shape plodder Treff described, on the road, against a Jets squad that held the likes of Lacy and Forte in check, with Bryce looming as the only legit feature back? No thank you.

I could be wrong, of course, but I really ain't feeling it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over down is a word as far as I'm concerned. And if it wasn't, it is now. :suds:
But honestly. . The Bills kick off what. .3-5 times a game? With probably 20-25 real time minutes in between at the very least? Don't need a lot of lungs for that. . Plenty of time in between bursts to regroup. And it was painfully obvious in Sunday he didn't have it. . Even the announcers where making jokes about his wheezing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoof...Treff is making me a little bit happier about trading my Boobie.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills kick off what. .3-5 times a game?

Well, the Bills have punted 41 times, which ranks them 2nd behind Jasonville's 42. And the Bills are also credited with 15 kickoff returns which puts them 12th. (I'm guessing most teams take the touchback rather than attempt to run the kickoff out of the endzone.)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. to be fair, no I don't see an above average day for Brown either. But not only does he have the disadvantage of the Bills running game in general. . He also has these coaches insisting on using the wrong guys, or the right guys but in the wrong ways. If take Brown over Boobie because at any given time he can make something happen, but I don't care much for the odds of either one. And it's not like the Jets are a pushover run D either. Ravens might only be allowing 9.6 puts to RB's on average, but the Jets are close at just over 13.

As to BB or Gerhert?? Coin flip to me.. but with the recent public anointing of Shoelace, I guess id go Bb

Well, I guess I could grab Nicks off the wire............double yuck and puke............shitty thing is I play Hilton this week and I can see him easily getting 10+ touches.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know that Torrey is going to have a big game against me since I just dropped him. Nice grab Fuzz.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know that Torrey is going to have a big game against me since I just dropped him. Nice grab Fuzz.

Thanks Tlance- Since Calvin is out, Torrey is in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that Morris will do well also since I traded him. .....

So it is a lost cause for me then?

I guess I should root for Pittsburgh to lock down Indy