• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're all having trouble to adjusting to Forsett's value. I don't see anything to suggest he'll be worse in the second half (except my own preconceptions).

Yes, those tricky Ravens - hard to figure them out. .... The ole Steve Smith thing kind of came outta nowhere too. .....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jostradamus (sure hope that doesn't catch on) (why yes, yes it did)

Bandit was not only the only one of us to correctly predict TKO's "drumming" of Fuzzy, but he also was a perfect 6-0 this week, wtg Bandit.
Fuzzy, and Joe were 4-2, Sam and Tlance both 3-3, and I bring up the rear for the second consecutive week with a 2-4

Fuzzy 26-16
Bandit 26-16
Sam 24-18
Tlance 24-18
Treff 20-22
Joe 18-24

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff's picks, wk 8

Treff over Lefty-not only do I refuse to pick against my boys no matter the odds, I think The Chargers beat the Donkeys tonight, and to do that, Rivers will need at least 30 pts, the more to Gates, the better

Tlance over Fuzzy, Jstew and ARob will be anchors dragging Fuzzy down this week

Bandit over Ram, not sure how the RB2/WR2/Flex spot will shake out for Bandit, but I like his team regardless

Monkey over Joe..I'm in Monkey's corner until he gets the monkey of his back. Now would that be getting himself off his own back? I dunno..but I like Cutler this week and the return of Graham anyways.

Duffwilldabeast over Barilko. Now that Eli can't be the QB, I can back the two headed beast

Sam over TKO. Without the addition of Jordy Nelson I probably still would've taken Sam, that just solidifies it. TKO taking a shot in the dark with Jonas Gray this week, I'm on board with the gambling, but not that particular bet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Probably silly of me, but Pierce has scored in two straight. I like the odds of that not happening thrice. And the best time to play a Pats RB is when you don't expect it...the minute something looks logical, Hoodie scraps it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry cane, but I think that is an awful trade for you. I just hope for your sake that this trade doesn't hurt you too much.

Okay I think you guys will understand better if you know who the running backs on my roster were last week:

Eddie Lacy (an actual running back)
C.J. Spiller (hurt)
Pierre Thomas (hurt and irrelevant)
Storm Johnson (irrelevant)
Brandon Bolden (jumped by a practice squad guy he's so bad)

That's it. So basically I had Eddie Lacy and his bye is week 9. Forsett has been rock solid this year and is now getting the majority of the carries and no Andre Johnson isn't Jordy Nelson, but the difference between starting Pierre Thomas as my RB2 and Forsett was greater than the value I'm losing out of the wide receiver position. Other than Andre Johnson I have Sammy Watkins, Steve Smith, and Marques Colston, so I could take the hit at wide receiver a whole lot more than I could at the joke of a RB2 spot.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 picks

Tlance over Fuzzy - Tlance's matchups are just too good, running backs against Tampa Bay & Jacksonville and his strong suit is wide receiver.

Lefty over Treff - think Lefty bounces back this week since he finally put Ronnie Hillman in his lineup.

Bandit over Ram - a lot closer than the 30 points ESPN is favoring by though

Monkey over Joe - upset special here because one of us has to not pick Joe or he's going to yell at us for all picking him.

Dilwuff over Barilko - Assuming they actually you know put a quarterback in their lineup. Fred Jackson being out is going to kill Barilko.

Sam over TKO - Wow who the hell gave Sam Jordy Nelson :whistle:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if I miss on Gray, it shouldn't matter too much since I'm only allowed scoring 70 or so against Sam, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just hoping that either Sam or Bandit loses a game at some point. Kind of rough sitting a 5-2 and still being third in the division!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of rough sitting a 5-2 and still being third in the division!

That division is an awesome 12-3-1 against the other divisions, including the lowly (but improving!) Dilwuff's 2-2. So Bandit, Tlance and Sam are a combined 10-1-1 outside the division. Group of uberdeath.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 picks
:noidea: tlance edges fuzzies - had a real hard time with this one. I like Fuzzies matchups better. But how often do we get burned by the "matchup?"
:L Lefty squeaks by Treff - another tough choice. Wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs put up negative points to give Treff the win.
:whistle: Ram quietly beats Bandit - a 3rd close game, but Ram has been very quiet at 4-2. And maybe the Bandit team celebrated their win over Joe too much this week.
:clap: WilDuffbeast ekes out a 2nd consecutive win over Barilko - would it shock me if the GWN wins? No.
:nod: Sam whips up on TKO - sorry but Sam's combo of Murray/Foster are tough to top.
:rollseyes: Joe rises over the planet of Monkey - look, I'd like to see Monkey get a win. But not this week. I appreciate the ones taking Monkey. LeVeon used up all of his fantasy points last week (for me). And Jimmy Graham didn't use any (for Monkey). I can see Graham single-handedly burying me.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go

Sam over TKO-Foster,Murray and Jordy combine for 10 points but Sam's D holds TKO to 9...........Oliver scores 40 tonight to make up for it.
Tlance over Fuzzy-Matchups make this game close IMO. Romo to TWill this week not Dez.
Lefty over TREFF-Hillman goes apeshit tonight and TREFF can't make up enough ground Sunday.
Bandito over Ram-Man, this week is nothing but close games so far. I see Manning having a good game but JT80 and Hillman are the recipients.
Joe over Monkey-Sorry Joe, but I can't see this any other way...............
DifWufBiteDeers over B-Maybe on another week B but I like Walsdkfjadlk's matchups

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Recap

A Changing of the Guard??

After last week's nursery rhyme themes for each game I just went with an overall recap of each league since we have reached the regular season half way point.

Let’s start off by saying that the domination the Athos division had at the beginning of the year is over. The Porthos division went 4-0 last week to raise their interdivisional record to 12-3-1. Tlance is a perfect 4-0 against other divisions and can’t gain a freaking spot in the standings because Bandit and Sam keep winning too. Sam, Bandit, and Tlance are all in the top 4 in record, breakdown, and points. On the flip side, the Athos division went 0-4 last week and their interdivisional record is 6-9-1. The Aramis division went 2-2 last week making their interdivisional record 5-11, but Ram is 3-1.

Joe is leading the Athos division at 4-3 but with the most points and 2nd in breakdown. He’s given up the 2nd most points in the A league though with 737. Imagine if he had Sam’s defense!! Treff sits half a game behind and Fuzzy is one game back.

Speaking of Sam, he continues the lead the Porthos division behind the stingiest defense this side of the ’85 Bears only giving up 60 to Treff last week running his total for the year to 500 points against which is 85 points lower than the next closest team. That means teams are averaging 71.43 points a game against him this year. Hey I scored 73 at least I’m above average. Bandit and Tlance haven’t lost since playing outside the division and still can’t make up any ground on Sam. Bandit is half a game back and Tlance is one game back.

In the Aramis division, Ram is the quietest 5-2 team ever. He’s won 3 straight to take the division lead from Lefty and is looking strong. His resolve will be tested though as his next 3 games are against the top of the Porthos division with Bandit this week, Sam next week, and Tlance in week 10. Good luck with that!! Lefty has fallen apart and is one game back. TKO is three games back and Monkey is still looking for his first win.

Bandit took over the A league breakdown lead over Joe and the power rankings lead, but isn’t even leading his own freaking division.

Joe is still holding on to the lead in the MBBRL wide breakdown at 110-49-2 and Bandit is 2nd at 104-54-3.

The Keepers extended their points lead over the Barbarians to 143 points for the season so only two teams would be moving up.

The Keepers have a 52 game breakdown lead in the overall MBBRL breakdown category over the Barbarians.

Teams moving down (2):

Monkey (power ranking 3)
TKO (power ranking 9)
Dilwuff (power ranking 9)
Barilko (power ranking 13)
Lefty (power ranking 13.5)

In the Barbarians league, the division lead in the Visogoths is shared by the only two teams in the B league with 6-1 records which are Smitty and Chef. Smitty is leading the division right now with more points, but both teams have been pretty dominant with both teams in the top 4 in breakdown and points. Both have also not lost since playing out of division, both going 4-0. In fact, the whole Visogoths division is 12-4 while playing other divisions, by far the best record of the Barbarian divisions and they went undefeated last week. BK and Shady are both trying to stay within shouting distance at 3-4 each. Shout out to Shady to stepping into a rough situation and going 3-0 since taking over.

In the Ostrogoths division, Team A has 681 points (which ranks 3rd) and is 5th in breakdown (43-33-1) and Team B has 676 points (which ranks 5th) and is 3rd in breakdown (46-30-1). Now you’d think that they both had the same record right? Well you’d be wrong, Cheesehead needs to have a talk with his schedule maker because he is team A in that scenario, 3rd in points and 5th in breakdown and he’s 2-5!! That is just plain brutal as his team has given up the 2nd most points in the B league at 716. Milk on the other hand is team B and his defense has played much better leading him to a 5-2 record and a three game lead in the division. Haroldseattle and TK are also both 2-5 and 3 games back. The Ostrogoths division is 5-11 against the other divisions this year.

In the Huns division, you’d think that Micro was running away with it as he has the most points of both leagues with 740 and is 2nd in breakdown, but the spunky Foot (not the funky Foot, that’s different) is hanging in there one game back despite scoring 182 points less than Micro and being 22 games behind him in breakdown, but Micro is 5-2 and Foot is 4-3. Steelers is still hanging in there 2 games back at 3-4 and OBX rounds out the division at 1-6. The Huns division is 7-9 against the other divisions this year.

Micro has taken over the points lead, the power lead, and is the Barbarians leader in MBBRL wide breakdown at 103-56-2 which is 3rd overall.

The coveted breakdown title right now goes to Smitty and remember this is the only guaranteed ticket to the A league next year along with being the Super Bowl champ.

Breakdown leaders:
Smitty 50-26-1
Micro 49-28
Milk 46-30-1
Chef 45-32
Cheesehead 43-33-1

Teams not moving anywhere near anything resembling oblivion or any derivative of the word, let’s just say they are in a happy place and nothing bad could possibly happen to them because they are good enough, they are smart enough, and doggone it people like them. They will receive a participation trophy just like everybody else because bad luck is not their fault, so just stop picking on them you evil bastards::lm:

OBX (power ranking 5)
TK (power ranking 6)
Haroldseattle (power ranking 11)
Foot (power ranking 13)

Here are your standings:

MBBRL_Week_7.jpg

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome as usual Bandit. Like the "wording" of the place that isn't oblivion or anything like it

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I think you guys will understand better if you know who the running backs on my roster were last week:

Eddie Lacy (an actual running back)
C.J. Spiller (hurt)
Pierre Thomas (hurt and irrelevant)
Storm Johnson (irrelevant)
Brandon Bolden (jumped by a practice squad guy he's so bad)

That's it. So basically I had Eddie Lacy and his bye is week 9. Forsett has been rock solid this year and is now getting the majority of the carries and no Andre Johnson isn't Jordy Nelson, but the difference between starting Pierre Thomas as my RB2 and Forsett was greater than the value I'm losing out of the wide receiver position. Other than Andre Johnson I have Sammy Watkins, Steve Smith, and Marques Colston, so I could take the hit at wide receiver a whole lot more than I could at the joke of a RB2 spot.

Got it. And I also realized the irony of my saying you made a drastic trade...;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against Oliver.. but they've got to stop giving him the ball. . Every series where Oliver gets a touch ends up bad tonight. Just throw it, to anyone else

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its very nice when you see high scoring on teams except you, but also the team you are facing...