• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOO .... This matchup turned into a real toilet bowl. ..... good luck Duff/Will. Obviously very few of our guys decided to actually play this week. That -5 from the highly ranked Bengals DST will do me in. ... NE decides to play this week - my luck.

Well, at least one of my statements came true. .....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted on league page. .... two SD WR's open for reasonable trade. ... I'm tried of guessing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offer up Lefty. You too tlance and Barilko and Ram. All involve the same player

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willing to spin Witten and the #2 WW this week if anybody is interested. Not exactly sure what I would want but will look at offers.............might be able to make it a bigger deal by including one of my so-so WR's......................guess I need a QB..................lol.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also - I've taken the "don't give advice to others while your team has yet to notch a victory" approach recently, so I probably won't be too active on here, but I'll be on the espn site managing the teams.

C'mon Jeff! If it helps, you outscored 3 other KOTF teams this week. (Unfortunately it wasn't one of the teams you were playing.) Miss your thoughts, Smo.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 Recap

Thanks for the Jinx Guys

Oh how everybody praised Joe's team and then of course we cursed him into only putting up 83 points this week and falling to Ram 109-83 behind solid games from Brees, Andre Ellington (who caught the one completion that the backup, backup quarterback had for an 81 yard touchdown), and 21 from his freaking kicker. Joe and Ram are both sitting at 3-2 now. Joe I'll try and reverse the trend for you. YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!

The Century Mark means nothing

Tlance and Barilko both scored over 100 this week with Tlance pulling out the victory 112-101. It is the 3rd straight week that Tlance has scored over 100 points and he is on a 3 game winning streak because of it. Barilko on the other hand has scored at least 100 points 3 times this year and he is 1-2 in those games. No love for Canada I guess. Tlance is looking pretty strong right now finally getting a good game out of Demaryius Thomas and getting solid games out of Romo and Dez. He's done really well on the waivers this year also getting Asiata, Mckinnon, the Lions D, and Kelce. That's some mighty fine GM work Tlance. Barilko would be 4-1 instead of 1-4 if Lesean Mccoy would have a decent game, but unfortunately he's the worst kind of fantasy player, one you feel like you can't sit, yet he continues to underperform. He did get great games out of Golden Tate, the Steelers D, and Josh Brown. Tlance moves to 3-2 and Barilko falls to 1-4.

Manning the Packers

Best waiver wire pickup of the week might have been the Packers defense which pulled 26 points for Bandit along with the 24 from Lacy, the 12 from Nelson, and the 39 from Manning. That was enough and Bandit put up the highest score in the A league this year with 134 points defeating TKO 134-90 and that was with Kendall Wright's 20 and Pierre Thomas's 22 on his bench. TKO had the only quarterback to matchup with Manning this week as Russell Wilson put 38 on the board, but other than strong games out of Forte and Gore, he got little help from anybody. He continues to get killed by his wide receivers. In week 1 Roddy White had 13 points. He hasn't had that much combined by both his wide receivers in any week since then. His 2 wide receivers have combined for 13, 4, 9, 12, & 8 points in the first 5 weeks. Bandit moves to 4-1 and TKO falls to 1-4

Sammy runs all over Fuzz

Sam's running backs and flex combined for 59 points between Murray, Foster, and Forsett. Fuzz only got 22 combined from Ridley, Bradshaw, and Megatron who once again tried to play hurt and ended up coming out of the game and that was the difference with Sam picking up the 110-91 victory. Sam continues to shine despite Kaepernick at quarterback. I still hate that guy. Fuzzy made a trade to improve his running backs and his wide receivers turned out to be what killed him as Brandon Marshall, Andrew Hawkins, and Calvin Johnson combined for 6 points. Sam moves to 4-1 and Fuzz falls to 3-2.

Thank God I was playing that Guy A version

In the lowest scoring game of the week, in fact they had the two lowest scores in the A league by 14 points, Dilwuff gets his (it's???, their???) first win of the season 69-65 over Lefty who gets knocked off the undefeated pedestal. Disappointments all over both teams, but the Bengals defense (or lack thereof) turned out to the difference pulling -5. If Lefty would have started the Dolphins or Raiders defenses (who were on bye) he would have won by 1 point. I know this will just make you love team defense even more. Lefty falls to 4-1 and Dilwuff improves to 1-4.

Treff's Chargers smoke Monkey

Led by the Phillip Rivers and Antonio Gates's combined 45 points, Treff got by Monkey 102-88, although if Monkey had played Brian Quick instead of Deandre Hopkins they would have tied. Treff also got consistent play from Ben Tate, Julio Jones, and Jeremy Maclin, while Monkey got good games from Cutler, A.J. Green and the Chargers D but it wasn't enough. Jimmy Graham getting hurt didn't help Monkey, but Treff lost Ball also. Well have to see how much the Ball injury hurts Treff in the long run, although it's not like he was lighting things up before the injury either. Treff moves to 3-2 and Monkey falls to 0-5.

There are 8 teams over .500 in the A league right now, so the 4 playoff spots will be tough to come by this year.

Joe relinquished the A league breakdown lead to Bandit this week but he is still holding on to the coveted (Keep in mind that I made this category up so you guys might not covet it at all) MBBRL wide breakdown lead at 76-38-1.

Joe and Bandit are now tied for the lead in points at 499. Last year's leader (Lefty) had 628 points after week 5 last year.

The Athos division continues to dominate as all are still in the top 6 in points and breakdown, but Barilko just has no luck this year in his matchups.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continued

Shady starts off with a bang

Shady introduced himself to the B league with a convincing 95-63 victory over OBX led by Romo, Lynch, and Foster. OBX was led by Alshon Jeffery, but had disappointments in Stafford, Jamaal Charles, Kelvin Benjamin and left the Cardinals D in against the Broncos which netted -2. Both teams go to 1-4 on the season and welcome to the MBBRL Shady.

Who needs Megatron?

Milk took down Steelers 109-91 despite only 7 points from his quarterback and 0 from Calvin Johnson. He got great games from Khiry Robinson, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Gronk, the Eagles D, and Phil Dawson. Steelers was killed by his running backs again which is a common theme when you have Mccoy this year. Mccoy, Jennings, and Asiata combined for only 17 points spelling his doom this week. Milk moves to 4-1 and Steelers falls to 3-2.

Who says you have to start the right players to win?

So Chef had Austin Davis's 32 points and Brian Quick's 20 points on his bench, yet still managed to pull out an 84-55 victory last week. He was certainly helped by the fact that TK scored the fewest points in both leagues behind Montee Ball, Michael Floyd, and Larry Donnell who combined for 1 point (that's all we got one god dam point, you can't say god dam on the air, don't worry nobody's listening anyway). Chef moves to 4-1 and TK drops to 2-3.

Why did I have to play that guy? part 1

That's what you could hear from Seattle as Harold scored the second most points in the B league . . . and still lost by 25 points. Micro put up the highest score that we've seen so far this season in either league beating Haroldseattle 138-113. Harold had Russell Wilson and his 38 points on his bench, but even if he would have played him over Luck he still would have lost 138-130. Harold got good games from Luck, Lacy, Desean Jackson (gutsy call against Seattle) and Greg Olsen, but he got nothing out of his flex. Micro actually had Reggie Bush, Markus Wheaton, and Alex Henery combine for 4 points, but the other six guys put up 134 starting with Peyton, Gore, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate, Gates, and the Lions D. It was a good day to have Peyton and Demaryius. Micro goes to 4-1 and Harold falls to a hard luck 1-4.

Thank God I was playing that Guy B version

Foot put 72 points on the board which would have lost to 8 other teams, but he just happened to be playing BK who only put 68 on the board. Foot got 20 out of Brees, 15 out of Forsett, and stuck with the Panthers defense despite no evidence that they had any chance and they pulled 20 as well. The other 6 guys combined for 17 points. BK got 24 out of Rodgers, 11 out of Leveon Bell, 14 from Vincent Jackson, 10 from Emmanuel Sanders and 9 combined out of his other 5 players including -5 from the Bengals defense which means both teams that started them this week lost by 4 points and got -5 out of their defense, OUCH!! To make matters worse for BK, Percy Harvin had 3 touchdowns reversed by penalty on the same drive and any of them would have given him the victory also. Foot moves to 3-2 and BK falls to 2-3 and gives up the breakdown lead.

Why did I have to play that guy? part 2

In the closest game of either league Smitty pulled out a win against Cheesehead 108-106. Cheesehead would have beat 7 other teams this week but he ran into Smitty who was led by Philip Rivers, Matt Forte, the Bills D, and Gostkowski. Cheesehead actually had a 106-84 lead going into Sunday night against and Smitty had Edelman and Gostkowski. Edelman only pulled 3 points, but Gostkowski's 21 led smitty to victory. It wouldn't have mattered if Cheesehead had started either Kendall Wright or Ben Tate in the flex instead of the ever disappointing Keenan Allen.

The B league is a lot more top heavy than the A league with only 6 teams over .500 and 4 teams 4-1.

Micro now has taken over the lead in points with 480. Last year's leader after week 5 was Bandit with 583.

Here are the standings for the week:

MBBRL_Week_5.jpg

The Keepers extended their lead to 164 points over the Barbarians 5517-5353.

Teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:
1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. Top seed
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader
If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down).

Right now that would be the Super Bowl Champion and Milk who is the breakdown leader.

B league breakdown leaders:

Milk 34-20-1
BK 32-21-2
Chef 32-23
Steelers 31-24
Micro 30-25

Teams moving down based on A league power rankings:

Dilwuff 5
Monkey 5
TKO 9

Teams disappearing into oblivion based on B league power rankings:

OBX 4.5
Shady 9
Haroldseattle 10
Foot 11.5

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent write up Bandit.. and yes, I think the MBBRL-wide breakdown is a great idea. Nice to see a little bit more as to how the two leagues stack up against each other

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow TKO. Your defense has allowed 518 points. Most in both leagues.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain the breakdown please? I have never understood how that works in this football league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain the breakdown please? I have never understood how that works in this football league.

it is pretty much your rank per week... for example if i was the 2nd best team for a certain week then that means i would have beaten 10 teams that week...

you do that for every week, and thats your breakdown record...

so if i ranked 2,3,3,4,12 for the 5 weeks myy breakdown record would be 35-20... then of course there are ties if you rank the same as someone else in a week...

and for the whole MBBRL instead of 12 teams there is 24 teams...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is pretty much your rank per week... for example if i was the 2nd best team for a certain week then that means i would have beaten 10 teams that week...

you do that for every week, and thats your breakdown record...

so if i ranked 2,3,3,4,12 for the 5 weeks myy breakdown record would be 35-20... then of course there are ties if you rank the same as someone else in a week...

and for the whole MBBRL instead of 12 teams there is 24 teams...

meant 36-19... bad math from me...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yea pretty much what Spiller said. Possibly a simpler way of saying it..had you played every team, every week, in your league, what your record would be

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nostradamus effect Wk 5

No one better than .500, and we all missed the Joe vs Ram matchup..sorry Joe!

Joe 3-3
Tlance 3-3
Bandit 3-3
Fuzzy 2-4
Sam 2-4
Treff 2-4

YTD
Fuzzy 18-12
Treff 18-12
SAm 17-13
Tlance 17-13
Basndit 16-14
Joe 11-19

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should i add this week??

Storm Johnson or CJ anderson.... Likely wont start either this week, so i guess i am looking for the immediate future(REDRAFT league)