• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

And all those fools who started Rainey. Of course, we should've known better.

I'd say starting Rainey this week was actually the right play in most cases.............if I had him on a couple of teams I would have started him for sure.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, count me as one. Went in and picked him up in a couple of leagues when the news of Martin being out surfaced. Ignored my own advise that backups are backups for a reason - yet he was pretty darn good last year in a starting role. ... oh, well.

Hey now. . If not for the fumbles, he had a 10 point day, can't ask for much more out of a RB2 or Flex, especially in a blowout ten minutes in. I don't regret the decision to start him. .. unless West scores a pile

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, count me as one. Went in and picked him up in a couple of leagues when the news of Martin being out surfaced. Ignored my own advise that backups are backups for a reason - yet he was pretty darn good last year in a starting role. ... oh, well.

Don't feel too bad. I would imagine that we are in the majority when it came to starting him last night. And I'm not dropping him just yet. James did nothing, and I can't shake the feeling that there's more going on with Martin than just the knee injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say starting Rainey this week was actually the right play in most cases.............if I had him on a couple of teams I would have started him for sure.

Yeah, I was being a little sarcastic, to me it was a no-brainer. The unfortunate thing for my Barbarians team is that now Bradshaw is gonna sit on the bench most likely. :doh:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel too bad. I would imagine that we are in the majority when it came to starting him last night. And I'm not dropping him just yet. James did nothing, and I can't shake the feeling that there's more going on with Martin than just the knee injury.

Agree - don't get me wrong I think from a fantasy prospective Rainey had a decent night in garbage time, and I think it was absolutely the correct move to put him in. The part I'm disappointed in is that I really believe he had a chance to establish himself as a 3 down back. The fumbles (although the entire team sucked) have likely pushed him back to a 3rd down back depending on how Martin responds next week, or the week after, or whenever he plays again. I'm sure Martin owners feel the exact opposite since they have much more invested than those of us that grabbed Rainey off waivers.

I also agree on the situation there with Martin - I had an uneasy feeling about him coming into the season and avoided him in every draft. Can't put my finger on it but there is just something wrong. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree on the situation there with Martin - I had an uneasy feeling about him coming into the season and avoided him in every draft. Can't put my finger on it but there is just something wrong. ...

same - I have him on ZERO teams this year. I even dropped him from my keeper squad last year (already stacked at RB, and didn't want to waste my time with his RBBC situation)

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gosh what an ugly game for TB. Surprised with all the insightful, great minds here that someone didn't pick up the ATL DST and start them. ..... I mean it was so obvious.

And in the really odd category- I am playing a guy in another league who started TB DST. No negative points in this league for points against. Between the Interception for a TD, the fumble recoveries and sacks, he scored 15 pts. Seems a little high for a team that allowed 56!!!
:lame:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the really odd category- I am playing a guy in another league who started TB DST. No negative points in this league for points against. Between the Interception for a TD, the fumble recoveries and sacks, he scored 15 pts. Seems a little high for a team that allowed 56!!!

wow, that is odd scoring. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think thats what I got in suicide league for TB DST as well.
comical!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fuzzy, had i known DWill wasn't gonna practice this week (all signs pointed to his return on Tuesday), I wouldn't have given you a freebie. JStew will probably light up the drapes formerly known as the Steel Curtain.

Before I forget, I would like to thank you for my two starting RBs this week-one by trade, one by waiver pick up. Surprised to see Stewart on the waiver, but happy to use my waiver order on him. Now I have two RBs that might get points this week- how unusual!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay A-leaguers, the wait is over - Taliaferro is available on waivers.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the bigger wait is over! Looks like Duff is back, and badder than ever.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - flip flopping at it's best!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be off topic, but I think I am sweating out maple syrup. And I am not sure where it came from.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your father named Geppetto?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - flip flopping at it's best!

I had a similar take when John Kerry was accused of flip flopping- It isn't flip flopping when you change your position due to new and improved information.
:lol:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I dropped Taliaferro for Blue - but when I looked, I had Cromwell instead. So somehow I had misclicked. So I dropped Cromwell for Blue. And then I saw that I had dropped Gordon for Wheaton. Which was something I definitely didn't do. Then I realized two of us must be in there, so I checked and Blue had been dropped for Cromwell after I added Blue. So I dropped Blue and took Cromwell back.

And then I started sweating maple syrup, and it was turtles all the way down.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I still have O Brother Where Art Thou in my head, there's a theme in my picks:

Joe "bona fide" over Fuzzy
TKO "mixaphorically speaking" over Lefty
Treff prevails over the "hopeless negativism" of Barilko
tlance is the "paterfamilias" over the WilDuffbeast (almost used a noun as a verb there)
Ram is "goin' apey" over Monkey (you knew that one was coming)
And in the game of the week - the battle of the undefeated:
Bandit puts an "ob-stackle" on Sam of Sport

If my picks end up being abysmal, I'm going Opposite George next week.