• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
milk - Id be looking to cash in a solid WR2 if dealing Miller right now, while his value is high.
Actually, you might want to hold onto him for a couple more games, and sell high after MIA plays the raiders in week 4.
That's probably when everyone will start really wanting Miller

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also - seeing some weak offers out there coming my way in KOTF for AJ Green.

C'mon fellas - give me more credit than that! I'm not moving an every week WR1 for a RB2 in any fantasy world, even if I have to keep SJax in my starting lineup......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also - seeing some weak offers out there coming my way in KOTF for AJ Green.

C'mon fellas - give me more credit than that! I'm not moving an every week WR1 for a RB2 in any fantasy world, even if I have to keep SJax in my starting lineup......

I didn't offer anything. That said, toe injuries are the most nagging and lingering type. You can't blame RB2 for WR1 offers if the WR1 will be a game-time decision each week from here on out. That kind of outlook really doesn't keep A.J. in the WR1 zip code IMO which is one reason I'm not rushing to offer you anything for him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted monkey. On the flip side, Reggie Wayne isn't getting you that same RB2. ;)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted monkey. On the flip side, Reggie Wayne isn't getting you that same RB2. ;)

yea, but at least the volume is there for Wayne. Hilton hasn't looked very good this year, and that O Line is forcing Luck into scoring all the TDs himself.

Green will sit out this week, then come back in week 5 ready to do it. The fact that he's even considering practicing this week says enough for me.

never know though, maybe this does linger all year. I'm not nearly ready to cash in the chips on him yet though. He's young, they bounce back from injuries a lot quicker than the grey beards.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never know though, maybe this does linger all year. I'm not nearly ready to cash in the chips on him yet though. He's young, they bounce back from injuries a lot quicker than the grey beards.

True. But they're also million-dollar commodities. If your Lamborghini had a bad wheel bearing, you wouldn't take it out for a 3-hour drive.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't made an offer for much the same reason as Joe.. no way I'd offer what should be considered "full value", and I don't wanna low ball ya.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for reference on AJ green, I just got offered this trade in my $ league:

Green
Tate
and D Williams

for

K. Allen
Cunningham
J. Matthews

Insta-click accept.

Just wanted to put it out there since you all are discussing Green. His value is down for sure.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I'd take that even if the Tate is Brandon and the D Williams is Doug Williams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I'd take that even if the Tate is Brandon and the D Williams is Doug Williams.

Me too, but it was actually Ben.

Next order of business:

trying to deal "Doug" Williams in a package for West.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green
Tate
and D Williams

for

K. Allen
Cunningham
J. Matthews

Insta-click accept.

Just wanted to put it out there since you all are discussing Green. His value is down for sure.

Man, you're lucky Milk isn't your commissioner. Instant veto for sure.

Smart-ass comment aside, killer deal for you. :clap:

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should i cut Adrian? Highly doubts he plays again this year

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should i cut Adrian? Highly doubts he plays again this year

Here are a few scenarios - remembering that AP hasn't denied anything, and missing 6 weeks could in theory get him back on the field for Week 8.

• He pleads guilty now or at his early October arraignment, gets a punishment that allows him to play during the season, is given a six-week league suspension that includes "time served" and is back by Week 8
  • He pleads guilty but has to do jail time right away regardless of the NFL schedule (which I think is a minimum 180 days) and is unavailable until next year
  • He pleads not guilty, has a speedy trial, and is either exonerated or found guilty with a punishment that won't affect this season; still presumably back around Week 8
  • He pleads not guilty, trial is long or he's found guilty and has to go straight to jail

My guess - he pleads guilty (since he's already admitted to the facts of the case), is given a suspended 180-day jail sentence and possibly is put on probation, and is back Week 8... unless Goodell is Plaxico dumb and opts for a shorter or longer penalty than the one he spelled out.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few scenarios - remembering that AP hasn't denied anything, and missing 6 weeks could in theory get him back on the field for Week 8.

• He pleads guilty now or at his early October arraignment, gets a punishment that allows him to play during the season, is given a six-week league suspension that includes "time served" and is back by Week 8
  • He pleads guilty but has to do jail time right away regardless of the NFL schedule (which I think is a minimum 180 days) and is unavailable until next year
  • He pleads not guilty, has a speedy trial, and is either exonerated or found guilty with a punishment that won't affect this season; still presumably back around Week 8
  • He pleads not guilty, trial is long or he's found guilty and has to go straight to jail

My guess - he pleads guilty (since he's already admitted to the facts of the case), is given a suspended 180-day jail sentence and possibly is put on probation, and is back Week 8... unless Goodell is Plaxico dumb and opts for a shorter or longer penalty than the one he spelled out.

The only way he's going to plead guilty is if the sentence is nothing more than probation, or possibly suspended sentence, in which either case it gets whiped from his record upon completion. He's admitted what he did, true. But at the same time he feels what he did was right, he's not pleading guilty if doing so puts him in jail and legally labels him a child abuser for life

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, the NFL is getting dangerously close to becoming a weak institution, driven more and more by media, politics and public opinion. The Vikings seemed to want the NFL to step in and do something - but they drug their feet so the team reinstated him. Shortly afterwards, an outcry from the governor along with a handful of senators (IMO - they don't actual care, right or wrong, they just saw this as an opportunity) comes to light. The general public and sponsors also joined in - as a result, the team deactivates him again.
Now, you can't really blame the team they live there and need ticket sales, so their reaction is a bit more understandable on their part than the NFL - but couldn't they foresee that putting him back on the roster was not going to end well ??? That was even obvious to me and they supposedly have a lot smarter people on the payroll. Perhaps they where shifting the blame so they weren't sued by Peterson & the players union ? Not sure.
Anyway, this case as well as Rice are going to hurt the league for quite some time. .... frankly, I so tired of it all I could scream - you can't even watch the NFL channel for football information, much less any of the networks, without that being the prime topic.
Maybe I'm very socially out of touch but like I've said before, both should be law enforcement issue and should have been handled as such from the start. In the end, I could give two craps less what they do when not on the field - if they screw up and go to jail then its pretty obvious they won't be playing. .... then again, putting too much faith in the legal system is probably very flawed thinking as well.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy picks

Fuzz over Joe- Now that I have a RB, I probably lose.
Lefty over TKO- this assumes all of Lefty's "questionables" play
Treff over Bar- Even if Bar fills his flex spot
Tlance over White Beers- Not as lop sided as predicted but Tlance still better than Bar
Ram over Monkey- Brees goes off
Bandit over Sportsboys- The primetime game- two big power houses- Bandit was tough before, now Bradshaw is relevant!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuzzy picks

Fuzz over Joe- Now that I have a RB, I probably lose.
Lefty over TKO- this assumes all of Lefty's "questionables" play
Treff over Bar- Even if Bar fills his flex spot
Tlance over White Beers- Not as lop sided as predicted but Tlance still better than Bar

Ram over Monkey- Brees goes off
Bandit over Sportsboys- The primetime game- two big power houses- Bandit was tough before, now Bradshaw is relevant!

now i do realize im 0-2 even though with any luck i should be 1-1 and even 2-0

and yes the 0-3 start will kill.... but really Fuzz am i loosing twice this week :lol:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll refrain from making picks since I won last week when I didn't make them. ;)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green
Tate
and D Williams

for

K. Allen
Cunningham
J. Matthews

Insta-click accept.

You got Green Tate and DWill.............holy shit!