• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is still Funny i have read it many times..

i look back 3 years or so (just before i started pleading with WW to let me be a Barbarian) at that time i stumbled on some threads on the ol (not to be mentioned) msg board.

it was there that i read and enjoyed some Classic (and at times outlandish) Foot posts and some incredibly entertaining rebuttals from the various members.. I then bookmarked and followed quite frequently and at that time i came to realize that this gang not only were entertaining but very very insightful.....and what was a weekly or bi weekly check in became a daily ritual

Finally the famous Golden Mountain Story

When i read that story i was certain i wanted to FF with this gang it was so over the top and it really tied together the passion that all you guys share..

thankfully i found my way in....

and Joe part V is a great continuation of the saga...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides dblake and Tk, a few more questions...JDM? Sox? You guys out there?

Harold, I know you are...don't know if I missed a post, are you still in?

I'm sure you are aware that is a plethora of players champing at the bit to become...

...a Barbarian! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I know JDM was recently banned.

No idea about Sox.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Lefty. Here's some quick links to the pages he listed:

2013 End of Season Report - SportsHoopla Page 138
MBBRL Rules (including Relegation) - SportsHoopla Page 54
MBBRL Rules Part 2 (Drone) - SportsHoopla Page 55
MBBRL History (Preamble) - SportsHoopla Page 57

When Treff gets the ESPN League activated, I'll try to transfer some of this to the ESPN "league" message board, but it may be difficult since ESPN's message board has a character limit. But once it's there, we can save the page on our individual computers for future seasons.

Thanks Treff/Wil for activating the league!

I took the time to transfer all of the MBBRL Rules, History, and even the 2013 End of Season Report to the MBBRL message board, complete with images. I also tried to format it as Wil had done.

My suggestion is that you visit the league board and save that page to your personal computer for future reference, since league boards are wiped clean at the end of each season.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys all remember Dog and that creepy ass avi he had?????????? At first he got on my nerves but the dude was pretty damn cool at the end there...............

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember that he ended every post with a run of exclamation points?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff/Wil for activating the league!

I took the time to transfer all of the MBBRL Rules, History, and even the 2013 End of Season Report to the MBBRL message board, complete with images. I also tried to format it as Wil had done.

My suggestion is that you visit the league board and save that page to your personal computer for future reference, since league boards are wiped clean at the end of each season.

Must've been Will.. so thanks to him! And now that I've finally got the PC back up and running, will do!

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Blast from the Past - The Golden Mountain Saga .....

Preface:Before reading, some background is required for those unfamiliar with the MBBRL history.The MBBRL was the brain-child of Wilwhite following the coming together of a number of fantasy football nuts on the now defunct CBS message board.We basically never let a season end by continually posting and offering advise to anyone who would listen year-round - much like now on SportsHoopla.Anyway, early on, a brash young man making bold and off the wall predictions joined in the discussions, often inferring that he knew all and to disagree or counterpoint was futile.To his credit, in recent years, he has toned it down considerably and now is a valued member.Anyway, this was generated at the peak of his self-proclaimed greatness several years ago. ........

The Golden Mountain saga - Part 1 started by Wilwhite ......

Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying, "Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.

---------------------
And the saga continued .... by Leftypower.

And it came to pass, that young Lefty, stunned by the sharp words, descended from the GoldenMountain, where Master Foot sits upon his throne amusing himself with delusions of grandeur.It was along the forbidden trail, that a bewildered Lefty came upon 10 great men who were governors, each of their own fantasy kingdoms.After much discussion and sharing of thoughts, they asked him to join them in an alliance of knowledge, one to be known far and wide as Keepers of the Flame.Amongthe great men were; Wil of White, Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat.There was also a well-bread and learned commoner, known simply as Joe the Average who knew of all things mathematical in the fantasy world.
During their quest for greater knowledge, the 11 came upon 4 learned Barbarians who were seeking safe haven on the GoldenMountain.They are known as; Ram the Tuff, Hawk the Prophet, Smoker of Monkeys, and Dog of Strange Avatar.The 11 were taken aback by the opinions and thoughts of the 4, and made offer for them to join in their quest.

The 11 and 4 then wondered through internet valleys, printed words, and the teaching of rival Masters.They came to stay with the Masters known as Dave & Jamey, Rotoworld, Yoda (John of Paulsen), Bruno of Boys, and several others, in a secret cave near the base of the mountain.It was there that they drank spirits, ate, and discussed all things fantasy for 40 days and 40 nights in secret rituals.It is believed that the meetings went unbeknown to Master Foot, as he was performing his own ritual writing “I am a fantasy God - I know all and see all” over and over for the same 40 days and nights.
Having learned many things during their stay with the rival Masters, the 11 and 4 went forth to assemble their armies for battle.On the day of reckoning, the 11 and 4 did assembled great armies, using the knowledge of the rival Masters and their new forged alliance.Lo, Master Foot was not impressed as the 11 allowed Sir Joe of Flacco to join his allegiance in the 2nd round, and Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill later on the same day.But alas, Master Foot was blinded by his own glow, and could not see that although the two possess golden arms, there was no one worthy to receive their gifts.

It then came to pass, on the 5th day of the 9th month, the 11 began their assent to the top of the GoldenMountain.The 4 went on to wage their own battle with other barbarians seeking to ascend from the low lands to a rocky cliff on the mountain.The 11 fought long and hard among themselves in preparation for the given week when they would be face to face with Master Foot.12 epic battles raged on different fronts for 16 full weeks, and then peace settled over the lands for a brief period.Master Foot was conquered and banished from the mountain.
It is said, the once proud Master Foot has been seen in tattered "I am the greatest" clothing, making effort to lord over Barbarians in a desert far south of the majestic Golden Mountain.His kingdom has since dwindled to a few family members and several local podiatrists.Episode IV - The End.

Classic

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Scape still checking in... and by the way, I think this was more or less Foot's statement that sparked the saga:

"I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Scape still checking in... and by the way, I think this was more or less Foot's statement that sparked the saga:

"I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know."

That sounds about right. Standby, I saw something about his rankings coming soon ..... Episode VI to follow ??

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, do I want to win the B league this year!!!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds about right. Standby, I saw something about his rankings coming soon ..... Episode VI to follow ??

Hopefully, in Episode VI the people will finally forgive The Foot and let him back into the kingdom to where he can teach the new posters what he has learned and show them how to post humbleness and modesty.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something about his rankings coming soon .....

I am going to post my WR rankings on Friday for sure.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was more or less Foot's statement that sparked the saga:

"I may have taught you everything you know, but I haven't taught you everything I know."​

That's classic!

Hopefully, in Episode VI the people will finally forgive The Foot and let him back into the kingdom to where he can teach the new posters what he has learned and show them how to post humbleness and modesty.

I like the new and improved Foot. Not as much bulletin board material as the old Foot. But still better.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to be a little more entertaining but not at the expense of offending anyone.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hugging Treff now thats Entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:L

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hug him as long as it puts a smile on your face Barilko. I believe in going the extra mile to make people smile!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not that this makes any kind of a difference whatsoever because I think the projected stats at ESPN are a joke, but here is a list of the "projected" points for the season for everybody's Suicide teams. I've listed the total points for the team and the points for just the nine starters. I took the highest projected nine, not the first nine starters you drafted. It's listed in order of total points. Enjoy and debate!!

Suicide A

Total Points 2487 Starter Points 1710 - Lefty (1st total, 2nd starter)
Total Points 2484 Starter Points 1737 - Tlance (2nd total, 1st starter)
Total Points 2407 Starter Points 1590 - Monkey (3rd total, 11th starter)
Total Points 2347 Starter Points 1605 - Ram (4th total, 9th starter
Total Points 2321 Starter Points 1636 - Chef (5th total, 7th starter)
Total Points 2304 Starter Points 1651 - Sam (6th total, 5th starter)
Total Points 2294 Starter Points 1596 - Joe (7th total, 10th starter)
Total Points 2293 Starter Points 1686 - Treff (8th total, 3rd starter)
Total Points 2282 Starter Points 1629 - Fuzzy (9th total, 8th starter)
Total Points 2220 Starter Points 1680 - TKO (10th total, 4th starter)
Total Points 2161 Starter Points 1642 - Foot (11th total, 6th starter)
Total Points 2141 Starter Points 1480 - Barilko (12th total, 12th starter)

Suicide B

Total Points 2494 Starter Points 1688 - Bandit (1st total, 5th starter)
Total Points 2492 Starter Points 1709 - Steelers (2nd total, 1st starter)
Total Points 2409 Starter Points 1693 - Xponential (3rd total, 4th starter)
Total Points 2374 Starter Points 1633 - Trudem (4th total, 7th starter)
Total Points 2335 Starter Points 1705 - Obxyankee (5th total, 2nd starter)
Total Points 2332 Starter Points 1662 - Smitty (6th total, 6th starter)
Total Points 2310 Starter Points 1619 - Bksballer (7th total, 8th starter)
Total Points 2285 Starter Points 1585 - Silverfacto (8th total, 10th starter)
Total Points 2273 Starter Points 1612 - Milk (9th total, 9th starter)
Total Points 2272 Starter Points 1699 - Micro (10th total, 3rd starter)
Total Points 2174 Starter Points 1529 - JD (11th total, 12th starter)
Total Points 2167 Starter Points 1559 - SFNL (12th total, 11th starter)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suicide A

Total Points 2487 Starter Points 1710 - Lefty (1st total, 2nd starter)
Total Points 2484 Starter Points 1737 - Tlance (2nd total, 1st starter)
Total Points 2407 Starter Points 1590 - Monkey (3rd total, 11th starter)
Total Points 2347 Starter Points 1605 - Ram (4th total, 9th starter
Total Points 2321 Starter Points 1636 - Chef (5th total, 7th starter)
Total Points 2304 Starter Points 1651 - Sam (6th total, 5th starter)
Total Points 2294 Starter Points 1596 - Joe (7th total, 10th starter)
Total Points 2293 Starter Points 1686 - Treff (8th total, 3rd starter)
Total Points 2282 Starter Points 1629 - Fuzzy (9th total, 8th starter)
Total Points 2220 Starter Points 1680 - TKO (10th total, 4th starter)
Total Points 2161 Starter Points 1642 - Foot (11th total, 6th starter)
Total Points 2141 Starter Points 1480 - Barilko (12th total, 12th starter)
/QUOTE]

I have the greatest suicide bench in the world!!! Ram is right up there with me too.