• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. On to week 12:

Sam bakers tlance
Lefty powers Monkey
Wil shaves Fuzzy
Scape inebriates Duff
TKO novas Ram
Treff lets Joe win.
Thanks for that laugh Joe! Tough day and I really needed that.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, looks like our game this week will likely decide who goes to the playoffs. GL.
Good luck to you too..................never apologize for a win but if I ever was going to it would be for our Suicide League game last week. No QB and I only beat you by 2 points! If Vereen didn't come back last night you would have been a lock.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil your write ups are joy that I look forward to every week. In fact I enjoy all your guys writing skills. You all are some creative witty dudes! Glad to know everyone involved in both these leagues!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 Playoff/Relegation/Promotion Implications

A League

Clinched Playoff berth: None
Eliminated from playoffs: Joe
Safe from Relegation: None
Certain to be Relegated: None

Nobody can clinch a playoff spot this week.

Lefty: Safe from relegation with a win and a top-3 score (or other favorable breakdown results)

wilwhite: Safe from relegation with a win and top score (or other favorable breakdown results)

Fuzzies: Eliminated from the division title with a loss; if Treff wins, also eliminated from wild card (probably – how ESPN manages H2H among multiple teams isn’t clear)

Scapegoat: Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or tie

Monkey: Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or tie

Ram: Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or tie

B League

Clinched Playoff berth: None
Clinched Breakdown Title: None
Clinched Top Seed: None
Clinched Points Title: None
Eliminated from Playoffs: None
Eliminated from Breakdown Title: Foot, TK
Eliminated from Top Seed: Sox, MilkSpiller, TK, Drone, Chef, dblake and even Bandit
Eliminated from Points Title*: Foot, TK
* Assuming it’s possible to make up 80 points per week

Microwahevo
Clinches a playoff berth with a win

HaroldSeattle
Clinches the Ostrogoths division with a win or tie
Eliminated from breakdown race if he falls 5 more games behind Micro or Bandit
Eliminated from Top Seed with a loss plus a Microwahevo win

JDM
Eliminated from Top Seed with a loss plus a Microwahevo win
Eliminated from breakdown race if he falls 10 more games behind Micro or Bandit

Barilko
Eliminated from Breakdown unless he makes up 5 games on both Bandit and Micro
Eliminated from Top Seed with a loss and a Microwahevo win

Bandit
Already eliminated from Top Seed
(Currently leading for both Breakdown and Points Titles)

Chef
Eliminated from Breakdown unless he makes up 8 games on both Bandit and Micro

dblake
Eliminated from Breakdown unless he makes up 8 games on both Bandit and Micro

Foot
Eliminated from Top Seed with a loss and a Microwahevo win
Already eliminated from Breakdown Title
Already eliminated from Points Title

Drone
Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss and anything other than a tie in the dblake/Chef matchup
Eliminated from Breakdown unless she makes up 3 games on both Bandit and Micro

MilkSpiller
Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or tie, or with a HaroldSeattle win or tie
Eliminated from Breakdown unless he makes up 5 games on both Bandit and Micro

Sox
Eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or tie, or with a HaroldSeattle win or tie
Eliminated from Breakdown unless he makes up 7 games on both Bandit and Micro

TK
Already eliminated from Breakdown Title
Already eliminated from Points Title

Good luck to all...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12

Scape pops the top on a cold Duff
Monkey poo laps Lefty in the game of the week
Treff huffs and puffs and blows the windy sloths down
Sportboys T-Bone tlance
Fuzz yellows up the White Album
TKO spikes a Ram during deer season

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12 B league

Barilko's Oilers cross check JDM into the boards
Micro chops off the foot
The Drone chases down the bandit in its quest for world domination
Sox smothers TK
Chef boils Dblake
HaroldSeattle and Milk tie and cuddle afterwards

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko's Oilers cross check JDM into the boards
Micro chops off the foot
The Drone chases down the bandit in its quest for world domination
Sox smothers TK
Chef boils Dblake
HaroldSeattle and Milk tie and cuddle afterwards

This gave me a much needed laugh...although, I think Harold curdles Milk. :rollseyes:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam skewers Tlance
Lefty spanks Monkey
Will aces Fuzzy
TREFF "Where you going with that gun in your hands" Joe
Ram butts TKO (upset special)
Scape consumes Duff

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, just a heads up. I took the site down temporarily because I am switching platforms. it should be up by next week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things from last night's game. The Falcons O line is as bad as I thought it was... they are absolutely terrible. That being said, the Falcons threw the ball (especially in the 3rd quarter) way too much! Why they didn't try to pound it for 2-3 yards twice and have a short 3rd down chance on a few drives is beyond me. Instead, they dropped back and got sacked, hurried and hit every time. It was only a 14-13 game, but the Falcons decided to try and play up tempo, instead of slow the game down and keep Brees on the sidelines. No wonder they're so bad this year, they think they're still in last year's uniforms.

As for the Saints, that was one of the worst clock killing endings I've seen. They were running at will, but decided to kneel down three times, leaving time on the clock!!?? Sure, it was only 12 seconds or something like that, but still, just a terrible decision that could have easily came back to haunt them.

Strange, IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things from last night's game. The Falcons O line is as bad as I thought it was... they are absolutely terrible. That being said, the Falcons threw the ball (especially in the 3rd quarter) way too much! Why they didn't try to pound it for 2-3 yards twice and have a short 3rd down chance on a few drives is beyond me. Instead, they dropped back and got sacked, hurried and hit every time. It was only a 14-13 game, but the Falcons decided to try and play up tempo, instead of slow the game down and keep Brees on the sidelines. No wonder they're so bad this year, they think they're still in last year's uniforms.

As for the Saints, that was one of the worst clock killing endings I've seen. They were running at will, but decided to kneel down three times, leaving time on the clock!!?? Sure, it was only 12 seconds or something like that, but still, just a terrible decision that could have easily came back to haunt them.

Strange, IMO.

Yea - the Saints should have kicked the field goal on 4th down to go up by a TD. I could have used another 3pts from Hartley in several leagues. .....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - the Saints should have kicked the field goal on 4th down to go up by a TD. I could have used another 3pts from Hartley in several leagues. .....

Forget the Saints. The bigger head-scratcher to me was why the Falcons elected to kick a field goal when they were down by 4 points with less than 3 minutes?

Even if Bryant makes the FG, they're still down by 1 point and they have to kick the ball back to the more-than-capable-clock-killer Saints. And if the next idea was to try an on-side kick, which is a gamble in itself, then why not just GO FOR IT on 4th down since they needed a TD to win anyway!?!?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the Saints. The bigger head-scratcher to me was why the Falcons elected to kick a field goal when they were down by 4 points with less than 3 minutes?

Even if Bryant makes the FG, they're still down by 1 point and they have to kick the ball back to the more-than-capable-clock-killer Saints. And if the next idea was to try an on-side kick, which is a gamble in itself, then why not just GO FOR IT on 4th down since they needed a TD to win anyway!?!?

Yea. . What Joe said. . Word for word. Not sure what the Atlanta coaching staff was smoking there.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well as the announcers usually say, "There a reason they are 2-9." Dumb decision on the field goal and dumb decision on the play calling in the second half. I actually thought Steven Jackson looked better than he has all year also and he was non-existent in the second half.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question! I poked around a little, and found that onside kicks (when expected) have about a 13% success rate lately, while 4th-and-long has about 19%. Had the Saints not called time out on the first FG attempt, the Falcons would have had a 13% chance to be down 1, with the ball, beyond their own 40, with plenty of time and only needing a field goal to win (maybe slightly better than 13% because an onside kick wasn't the only option).

Going for it, they would have had a 19% chance of keeping the drive alive - but they would still need a TD to win.

If we say the coach went with his gut that Bryant was gonna nail it (at home), it's not that crazy, even though it's not the best option.

(After the time-out, though, would have been an outstanding time for a fake since they had established their intent to kick it.)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question! I poked around a little, and found that onside kicks (when expected) have about a 13% success rate lately, while 4th-and-long has about 19%. Had the Saints not called time out on the first FG attempt, the Falcons would have had a 13% chance to be down 1, with the ball, beyond their own 40, with plenty of time and only needing a field goal to win (maybe slightly better than 13% because an onside kick wasn't the only option).

Going for it, they would have had a 19% chance of keeping the drive alive - but they would still need a TD to win.

If we say the coach went with his gut that Bryant was gonna nail it (at home), it's not that crazy, even though it's not the best option.

(After the time-out, though, would have been an outstanding time for a fake since they had established their intent to kick it.)

The FG was not a terrible decision. There was over 2 minutes left and they had all 3 timeouts. I guarantee that they would have kicked it deep and tried to force a 3 and out, which is definitely the correct percentage play considering that it was 4th and 15. The odds of forcing a 3 and out against a likely-to-run-the-ball Saints are greater than those of picking up the 4th and 15.

Now, the real head-scratcher was why the Falcons thought it was a good idea to go hurry up offense. That decision makes absolutely no sense. Ironically, in the past when Mike Smith needed to be aggressive, he never was. Now when he needs to take the air out of the ball, he gets aggressive? He is an overrated football coach IMO.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FG was not a terrible decision. There was over 2 minutes left and they had all 3 timeouts.

Respectfully, I disagree. Terrible. You don't use that strategy if you are A) playing the Saints, Pats, or Broncos; and B) if your defense is getting gassed and has played mediocre.

Going for it, they would have had a 19% chance of keeping the drive alive...

That would have been a great time for a fake.

Plus let's not forget that if they fail to make 4th and 15 then the Saints still would have had the ball even deeper in their end, then from the spot of the missed FG.