• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Men vs Women - 12 year old style

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I'm not on here I sometimes frequent the EA Sports boards to see what's new in the NHL and Madden series. I came across a pretty ridiculous thread in which a lot of the NHL series community were arguing that women should be given less options or completely removed from the game. It pissed me off a little bit because I grew up playing with some really talented girls when I was younger. It can be a long read, so I don't expect many to go fully through it. Here are some clips:

The graphics dept should spend their time on something more useful than focusing their attention on women in an NHL game - the idea of it is ridiculous to begin with.
I thought women were supposed to get the shaft.

Personally, I think it's stupid girls are even in this game.

Unless some one can point me to a "professional" mixed gender league.
I'm all for "equity" amongst the sexes for applicable things, wages, societal rights etc, but that doesn't have to be forced into areas it's not needed. There's a reason there are "women's" leagues. Maybe there will be an eashl and a weashl for 14 next?
Girls faces in this game was purely a publicity gimmick. Should never have been implemented IMO.

Lol. Publicity stunt to get more fans, viewership. Having 4 women(one being a back up net minder), in a league of men, is not a mixed gender league lol.

EA Forums (I'm Elusive Goose85)

Last edited by a moderator: