• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo wants to test FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, happy to see we move on. I am interested to see how this all unfolds too. The NBA has aged in front of our eyes. Only one decent FA next year under the age of 30.

Its time for the next gen to show up

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good chance he ends up in LA. He and Kobe are close. LA can afford him.

However, I am not sure that would be the best move for the franchise.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, if you agree it makes sense to have amnestied Kobe, which I applaud yor for, do you really think Jim Buss will put immediate fans support ahead of the team? That is exactly the trap he is headed for.
Yeah, at the time I said I didn't want to see Kobe go, but I certainly would understand the situation if they did, it made sense there's no denying it. As for Jim....I just thought he was at a point of doing so many things to tick off fans, and it was one of these things to where he had no choice but to keep Kobe. I mean everything from running Phil and Brian Shaw off, hiring Mike Brown, wanting to hold on to Bynum until it was painfully obvious to do otherwise, giving Phil the run around last year(even though he was not alone in doing so), and to hiring Dantoni. The only reason he isn't under fire for Dwight leaving was because the majority wanted the guy out before the trading deadline. You can do all of that, but you can't run out Kobe without upheaval taking place. Even before Dwight left, I remember hearing some months ago that they were trying to get him out and Jeanine in charge

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, I keep forgetting all the other issues, beyond the Dwight and Phil stuff. I think at some point there will be a takeover from everyone and notably his sister if he and Mitch continue this bungling.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the idea of teaming up with other top level superstars was completely foreign until 2010. Trust me, if Jordan, Reggie Miller, etc. had the AAU mindset of players these days....a dynasty WOULD have been built like that in the 90's....but as we all know, in the 90's(and before), loyalty to their teams was everything, and they wanted to destroy each other, rather than team up. JEEZ I miss that

LOL, they did team up with each other, they just let the owners make the decisions not take it upon themselves like the Heat's big 3 did.

Even MJ used his pull to get some help, or he was leaving.

Revisionist history at it's finest. #MJnuthuggers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, they did team up with each other, they just let the owners make the decisions not take it upon themselves like the Heat's big 3 did.

Really?!? When exactly did Magic, Bird and MJ team up, other than the Olympics?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L You Heat fans just can't leave well enough alone I tell you. I already know the answer to this....but name me 1 point in time in the 90's, when the best player and a top 5 player in the PRIME of their career conspired(legally) to have their contracts run up at the same time so that they could play on the same team through Free Agency. The only thing you can give me is that an out of his prime Clyde Drexler latched onto the Rockets for their 2nd title. At that time, Drexler was nowhere close to being the best.

2nd, name me a time when Micheal Jordan threatened to leave the Bulls. It is WELL documented that he hated Jerry Krause, but Jordan stayed no matter what. He didn't choose to leave after losing to the Pistons all those years, he STAYED.

Last and most certainly not least.....just because Lebron's legacy will never be considered as better than Jordan's doesn't mean that some off you Heat fans have to get all defensive when the name Jordan is brought up. Just give it up, Jordan's legacy is unparalleled to Lebron, Kobe, or whatever other current day player you can name. At some point, you'll realize that Lebron being mentioned as one of the greats is just good enough

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kold, you stated it well. It was a rare and strange event in Miami. All that said, do remember Miami gave away all their future picks to pull this off, it did not come w/o some pain. But yeah, an unusual event and one where teams now are watching carefully to not ever assume that your player will just resign. I see alot of GM's trading players in their final years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you pretending to not be very bright?

Lebron isn't the only hope. You say Trojanfight has it right and then completely ignore the part where he said it looks like 2015 is when the Lakers will make their free agent move.

This might be a good week for you to stop sniffing glue.
in 2014 they were gonna make their move
in 2015 they were gonna make their move
in 2016 they were gonna make their move

now--- OHH LEBRON IS COMING LOL

havent you learned your lesson?

your team fucking sucks. They will be lucky to win 30 games.

you were too cowardly to bet me they would win 32games--- but of course would criticize me for not taking other peoples bets.

definition of a hyopcritical coward

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2014 they were gonna make their move
in 2015 they were gonna make their move
in 2016 they were gonna make their move

now--- OHH LEBRON IS COMING LOL

havent you learned your lesson?

your team fucking sucks. They will be lucky to win 30 games.

you were too cowardly to bet me they would win 32games--- but of course would criticize me for not taking other peoples bets.

definition of a hyopcritical coward

How long before taunting a mod gets you banned? Fucking idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.