• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

melky trade

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14tm H2H 40man rosters, keep up to 13 majors and 13 minors...
I was offered Melky and Fried for Granderson.
Now I'm in a good position to make a run for it...certainly should be a playoff (top6) team.
I do love my prospects :) and Fried is one of my favorites.
I'm hoping someone will tell me that
Granderson will likely continue his decline so I won't lose much this year anyway...lol
I doubt granderson makes my cut of top 13 majors so I know in 2014 I'd be thrilled that I made this deal.
How much of a hit would I be taking in 2013?

Thanks everyone

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14tm H2H 40man rosters, keep up to 13 majors and 13 minors...
I was offered Melky and Fried for Granderson.
Now I'm in a good position to make a run for it...certainly should be a playoff (top6) team.
I do love my prospects :) and Fried is one of my favorites.
I'm hoping someone will tell me that
Granderson will likely continue his decline so I won't lose much this year anyway...lol
I doubt granderson makes my cut of top 13 majors so I know in 2014 I'd be thrilled that I made this deal.
How much of a hit would I be taking in 2013?

Thanks everyone

Granderson is on his decline years, can't deny that.
The problem I have is I hate spoiled Melk. Yes he's strung together a little streak (after Chef dropped him) but he's a borderline replacement player.
Fried has upside but with so little to show in minor league experience, it's impossible to put a value on him.

I know you love your rookies but you said it yourself, you're in a good position to make a run at it. You may not keep Granderson but if he helps you win it this year (and he will), resist the rookie urge and reject the trade.
When Granderson comes back and starts hitting bombs again, you'll be able to get more for him than what is being offered (even with his mediocre average).:2cents:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Fried.

Had to look him up, and I am not surprised I was clueless. You guys sure have "Grand Canyon deep" knowledge of kid prospects, almost to the point of stalking the high schools........ l.o.l

Max Fried. Not a name I have heard of, but a condition I have happily been in MANY times in my life.......

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Jim...
I should have linked a Fried video. His curve is amazing to watch.
You're likely right.... I do half-in half-out thing sometimes to my own detriment.
League really values minors and if (or I should say when lol) Fried breaks into top 20 status next year I'd never get him again. I hate Melky too though :)

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys sure have "Grand Canyon deep" knowledge of kid prospects, almost to the point of stalking the high schools.......

Any you guys got dates?
17_gimme-head-till-im-dead.jpg

No man, I've been combing the high schools all week.