• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McLouth to the Nats....

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Yanks just added Beltran.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this make sense for McLouth (outside the money)? He'll be a 4th/5th OF...

On that note, I just saw that they raised ticket prices again for next year. Must be because of all that money they've spent on top-tier free agents this off season.....oh wait...

I'm not gonna hold back - FUCK this team and its ownership. They don't care about winning and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking moron.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this make sense for McLouth (outside the money)? He'll be a 4th/5th OF...

On that note, I just saw that they raised ticket prices again for next year. Must be because of all that money they've spent on top-tier free agents this off season.....oh wait...

I'm not gonna hold back - FUCK this team and its ownership. They don't care about winning and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking moron.
Serious, why do you follow the team if you feel this way.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the O's doing? Do they even have a plan? We were NEVER in play for Beltran. Cano was not even a thought. JJ? He cost too much money so we traded him for a 2nd rate IF of which our roster is already full of. Now Feldman is gone and for that kind of money, good riddance! Now what? We need a BIG bat behind Davis and 2 top end pitchers to bolster this staff. How will management respond?

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious, why do you follow the team if you feel this way.

And why can't I have this opinion? It's not my fault that the team I love and grew up with doesn't give a shit about winning. If they actually made some nice moves and didn't lie to their fans about being a small market team and still lost, I would not have the same opinion.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its embarrassing to call myself an Orioles fan.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why can't I have this opinion? It's not my fault that the team I love and grew up with doesn't give a shit about winning. If they actually made some nice moves and didn't lie to their fans about being a small market team and still lost, I would not have the same opinion.
I never said you couldn't have this opinion. But, what do you want the Orioles to do? Spend money just to spend money? Some of these deals are crazy, IMO. Beltran @ 15 million per year. I'll pass on that. He's going to be 37 in April. Ellsbury's contract is ridiculous also. Did you want to sign Nate McClouth to the contract that he got? Outside of stolen bases, Steve Pearce could probably be more productive in left field.

I get frustrated to when all the O's do is make minor deals. But, I've come to the realization that they are not going to be big spenders in the free agent market. I would love to see Angelo's open his wallet and give Choo a big contract. Is that going to happen? I seriously doubt it. IMO, all we can hope for is the O's can build up the farm system and build like the Rays do.

I also do feel that this ownership wants to win. He's just not going about it the way we want him to by opening up his wallet in free agency. But, he did give extensions to Roberts, Markakis and Jones. Although, Roberts has been injured the last few years and Markakis didn't turn out to be the player people thought he would be, they were important signings at the time. If the O's give Davis an extension does that mean Angelos still doesn't care about winning.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you couldn't have this opinion. But, what do you want the Orioles to do? Spend money just to spend money? Some of these deals are crazy, IMO. Beltran @ 15 million per year. I'll pass on that. He's going to be 37 in April. Ellsbury's contract is ridiculous also. Did you want to sign Nate McClouth to the contract that he got? Outside of stolen bases, Steve Pearce could probably be more productive in left field.

I get frustrated to when all the O's do is make minor deals. But, I've come to the realization that they are not going to be big spenders in the free agent market. I would love to see Angelo's open his wallet and give Choo a big contract. Is that going to happen? I seriously doubt it. IMO, all we can hope for is the O's can build up the farm system and build like the Rays do.

I also do feel that this ownership wants to win. He's just not going about it the way we want him to by opening up his wallet in free agency. But, he did give extensions to Roberts, Markakis and Jones. Although, Roberts has been injured the last few years and Markakis didn't turn out to be the player people thought he would be, they were important signings at the time. If the O's give Davis an extension does that mean Angelos still doesn't care about winning.

Its the way it is now. You HAVE to overpay for decent players. I'm tired of people apologizing for them not making moves. Beltran, yes, at 37 I would not sign to that deal he got. But I would pay that for Choo, and a lesser extent Corey Hart of he could stay healthy

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this stage they should just go after Garza with the extra $$ they haven't used and shore up the rotation as much as possible.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the way it is now. You HAVE to overpay for decent players. I'm tired of people apologizing for them not making moves. Beltran, yes, at 37 I would not sign to that deal he got. But I would pay that for Choo, and a lesser extent Corey Hart of he could stay healthy
I'm not apologizing at all. It just is what it is. The Orioles aren't going to be big spenders in free agency. Instead of bitching about it, I've come to terms that this is the way it's going to be.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh...I have a few friends who are Nats fans...im never going to hear the end of this...

School of Roch: Notes on Wolf and J. Johnson (and McLouth)

Obi ... I hold you personally responsible for this mix of good and bad news! :mad2::kidding:

The loss of Nate is going to hurt because his hard-nosed play will be missed, but I couldn't be happier with JJ getting the boot. That motherfucker drove me nuts with his inconsistency and blown saves.

So, who is on the radar to replace all that is being lost AND what positive news is floating around to negate all of the whining certain so-called fans are doing?:puzzled:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like DD is talking up Francisco Peguero as a replacement for McLouth (4th outfielder/possible starter) and we're not likely to land or look for a big name pitcher.

School of Roch: Duquette on second base, pitching and more

"Frankly, I think we have more starting pitching depth going into this year than we've had the last couple years. We have some qualified starters already on the team and some pitchers in the minors ready to supplement our team. That wasn't the case last year."

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More...

Internally-developed arms are, instead, "where the Orioles are going to get value from their pitching program," said Duquette. "It's not going to come from high-priced free agents. So, if people are expecting the Orioles to go out and sign a significant pitcher, I think it's more realistic to look for good pitchers to come up through the farm system."

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More...

Internally-developed arms are, instead, "where the Orioles are going to get value from their pitching program," said Duquette. "It's not going to come from high-priced free agents. So, if people are expecting the Orioles to go out and sign a significant pitcher, I think it's more realistic to look for good pitchers to come up through the farm system."

Translation: Fuck the O's fans, we don't give a shit about them. We are in this business to make money, not spend it.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More...

Because we've had so many quality arms come out of our farm system the last 20+ years. Here's the long list:

1) Mike Mussina

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we've had so many quality arms come out of our farm system the last 20+ years. Here's the long list:

1) Mike Mussina

lol... I hear ya.

I wonder sometimes if Adam Loewen would have been another one, if it wasn't for his injury.

The O's have so often stumbled on the big FA signings in the past that I'm pretty much expecting next to nothing as far as acquisitions. Meh.