• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy named number 2 QB

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy Named 49ers No. 2 QB

I don't know why he was. He has been god awful and should be cut or traded. So far the worst QB play from the team has been from McCoy

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected that would happen. Also I see Daniels being he 3rd string guy.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, he has been bad. It's like I told someone over here months ago that he would end up No. 2 on the depth chart and was told I didn't know what I was talking about. All those starts and TD's he has been through in his short NFL career have value and it's hard to look away from all of that. I think he may improve as he learns the system, however if not it could be a direct result from that head injury he suffered his first year (?). He has never looked the same since that play.

Either way, good luck with that....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Granted, McCoy has been pressured on nearly 50% of his dropbacks. On those plays, he failed to completed a pass on three attempts. He also scrambled four times. Despite the pressures. McCoy has had, on average, 3.44 seconds to attempt a pass — the most of any quarterback on the 49ers.

took this out of an article, written from a stat guy.

before I read this was thinking McCoy doesn't have protection on 1/4 of his pass plays? this guy verifies 1/2. but didn't notice on the other 1/2, he HAS had sufficient time to throw.

didn't think today's performance was enough to nail down #2, but all I can do is trust Harbaugh. really hope that contract reduction wasn't the main factor?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing we only keep 2 QB's on the 53 man roster which means Tolzien and Wallace are getting cut. B.J. Daniels would then become the #3 QB in a sense and placed on the practice squad. I really wonder why we did not bring back Josh Johnson though to be the backup? He just seems like a much better fit than McCoy.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its hard to get anything of value in a trade, when the team doesn't even value the player...

No one is going to trade for a guy that is most certain to be cut. But they might trade for the "primary back-up"...

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to get anything of value in a trade, when the team doesn't even value the player...

No one is going to trade for a guy that is most certain to be cut. But they might trade for the "primary back-up"...

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaactly...

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing we only keep 2 QB's on the 53 man roster which means Tolzien and Wallace are getting cut. B.J. Daniels would then become the #3 QB in a sense and placed on the practice squad. I really wonder why we did not bring back Josh Johnson though to be the backup? He just seems like a much better fit than McCoy.

I actually see BJ Daniels making the 53, but not part of the active 46 on game day. I don't think we'd be able to hide him on the practice squad after some solid performances in the last two preseason games.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This has to be Baalke's worst season yet

- not picking a CB until the 7th round of the draft
- trading Jenkins, which I think will blow up in our face
- trading for Colt McCoy (Which took us out of the Jeff Tuel Sweepstakes who's 31 for 43 in the preseason)
- Skipping out on DeAndre Hopkins

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He isn't any worse than what the Jets have. (Daniels)

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Will be the backup because he has real game expierence. BJ will make the 53 any delusions of him being stashed on the practice squad are just that delusions. If He doesn't make the 53 another team is going to grab him. As for the Draft calling it Baalkes worst... just ignorant. I dont agree with it but, Reid looks like hell be a stud, Patton looked good, trading AJ for Baldwin is a win. Jenkins may turn out to be good but he needed a new start and whatever he is going to become it wasn't going to be with the Niners. Tank and Lattimore will be judged in the future on their good or bad. Aso has looked great in the preseason.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy Named 49ers No. 2 QB

I don't know why he was. He has been god awful and should be cut or traded. So far the worst QB play from the team has been from McCoy

He's the best looking turd in a toilet bowl full of them I guess. It can't be Wallace , it can't be Tolzein and it most definitely can't be Daniels.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I believe Harbaugh was more interested in how McCoy responded than how he performed.

What I mean is one of the common themes Harbaugh wants in his QBs is mental toughness and a competitive fire. So by bringing in Wallace and letting rumors swirl of McCoy being traded or released I think he wanted to see if McCoy was just going to shrug his shoulders and accept his fate or fight hard to to stay with the team and win the #2 job.

McCoy's performance was just solid but I think he response is what Harbaugh was sold on.

He took a pay cut when he didn't have too. He could've just kept his pay and took his chances on being traded or picked up on waivers. So in that way he showed he wanted to stay with the team.

Also while his play wasn't great but not bad either I thought he looked like a guy that was putting everything he had in it and he played with some fire and emotion. Which is probably the main thing Harbaugh wanted to see.

You can fix (or maybe the better word is improve) a guy that wants to be here and is putting everything he has into it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get this one but oh well, lets hope we don't have to use him. I think the plan here is to put BJ on the practice squad so he can be the back up next year and Wallace will be a great #3 for us and a great back up plan to McCoy if he stinks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading Jenkins will blow up in our face LOL, Baldwin has already shown he is better then Jenkins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its been a bad year for baalke. This is why
-Boldin for a 7th
-Drafted Lemon Looks like a stud in the makings
-trading up for Reid- right now looks like the best or atleast the 2nd best safety in the draft and will start for us.
-Patton looks like a steal in the 4th
-sign Aso for nothing and he looks like our best CB
-Picked up Dawson who looks awesome and will be a big up grade from Akers.
-Traded Jenkins for a guy with better potential in Baldwin and already has more catches.
-Didn't resign our NTs because he liked what we saw in Williams. Looks like a beast

Looks like a good year for Baalke

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolzein got cut but I think that was to be expected.