• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BbANzJCCIAA0lAh.jpg
BOOM!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all my disagreements over the years with Foot...your %100 correct..we wouldn't be here if not for that little appendage

that's another thing, why does ceremony trump good ownership and expansion?? Nothing wrong with Foot, but I remember us going all out 2 years ago giving Dub the benefit of doubt, and all he did was bail... the founding members all left for a reason and are no longer better owners than newbies...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does ceremony trump good ownership and expansion??
I don't think it trumps it. And I don't want to say we're giving Foot a pass either.
He knows what's at stake.
But as I mentioned, real life sometimes takes precedent for FF.
As a collective group, I think we need to be more open about what's going on in our life away from these boards (not necessarily embarrassing details), but just to inform the board that they may need a longer leash for a week/month or so. A few owners have done just that in the past.
That way, we aren't drawing our own conclusions, Godfather style, envisioning that they should be swimming with the fishes.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny, is if you follow the link from Joe's post about oblivion, these exact same conversations happened two years ago involving oblivion and expansion. Funny how things come back around.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the answer is right in front of us...

If interest grows to a point where there are six identical candidates to the five (I) mentioned of the nominees, it will be quite easy to incorporate "The Trolls Under the Bridge"

...until then, we can only project.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the answer is right in front of us...

If interest grows to a point where there are six identical candidates to the five (I) mentioned of the nominees, it will be quite easy to incorporate "The Trolls Under the Bridge"

...until then, we can only project.

I was just coming here to say the same thing.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading this thread, the major problem I see is no plan beyond let's do a C league.

1 It would need a commish that has been here at least since CBS. I would help and do the numbers like Bandit does for the other two.

2 The rules would have to be the same.

3 It should start out as a test league to see if it is viable, before we just Willy nilly add it.

4 While it is a test league MBBRL owners can join to get it to 12, but at the end of each season they have to be willing to give up their spot to a new owner

5 It must maintain at least 6 non MBBRL owners.

6 Once it shows it can stand on its own and has at least 10 non MBBRL owners for a full season, apply to become the C league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From reading this thread, the major problem I see is no plan beyond let's do a C league.

1 It would need a commish that has been here at least since CBS. I would help and do the numbers like Bandit does for the other two.

3 It should start out as a test league to see if it is viable, before we just Willy nilly add it.

4 While it is a test league MBBRL owners can join to get it to 12, but at the end of each season they have to be willing to give up their spot to a new owner

6 Once it shows it can stand on its own and has at least 10 non MBBRL owners for a full season, apply to become the C league.

Number 1 is a good reason why expansion can be great (to piggy back Tlance's argument, you can't find gems if you don't look)... you sir, are a dedicated commish type owner, a gem.

The biggest question is, will Lefty finish the Golden Mountain Saga, if these "Trolls" are to be involved? ;)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the idea of a C league is kaput going forward. This was the right time to give it a whirl, but the whole concept of a C league is considered a abomination by a few. Interesting that WilWhite had plans for one, kind of wish he had spoken up before the voting.
No matter, water under the bridge now.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Foot

Yes, I may have convinced Foot to stay in all leagues.

Look, not that I have to explain myself, but maybe Foot had a down year where his focus took him away from FF. Who hasn't had a few days/weeks/months like that in recent years?

Now maybe you'll all think that I've been dipping into Foot's bat guano with this next statement. But I firmly believe that had it not been for Foot's outrageous bragging and out-of-the-box thinking back on the extinct CBS message boards, we would NEVER have formed the MBBRL. At least, maybe not as quickly.

In part, the idea for creating the MBBRL was to make all of us at that time "Put Up or Shut Up." And look at the conglomerate that the MBBRL is today!! We have Suicide leagues, coma leagues, 2 very competitive standard leagues, and even 2 dynasty leagues. Many have said over the years that the MBBRL is the best league to be a part of.

Disagree if you may but I credit Foot for challenging us all to get the ball rolling back on CBS. To borrow a hockey analogy, he may not have scored the goal (creating the MBBRL), but he was definitely awarded a huge assist for the MBBRL in my book.
Yes @averagejoe you are correct. I'm not going to search threads, but this whole MBBRL was started by @The Foot when he wanted us all to put up a G and start a league. We should have taken his money.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 1 is a good reason why expansion can be great (to piggy back Tlance's argument, you can't find gems if you don't look)... you sir, are a dedicated commish type owner, a gem.
The biggest question is, will Lefty finish the Golden Mountain Saga, if these "Trolls" are to be involved? ;)

In honesty, I have no idea were my epiphany came from on that jewel - just kind of flowed out. Perhaps, temporarily possessed. As such, I doubt I could ever meet those expectations again. .... some sequels are best left undone.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think this is very, very well said sir. ...:thumb:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the idea of a C league is kaput going forward. This was the right time to give it a whirl, but the whole concept of a C league is considered a abomination by a few. Interesting that WilWhite had plans for one, kind of wish he had spoken up before the voting.
No matter, water under the bridge now.

Read my post at 107. The vote is 12-7 against, but three of those 12 I believe could be easily proceeded to the yes side down the road. I believe my rough draft of rules could work and give us the C league in a few years. Or at worst it fails and life goes on

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my post at 107. The vote is 12-7 against, but three of those 12 I believe could be easily proceeded to the yes side down the road. I believe my rough draft of rules could work and give us the C league in a few years. Or at worst it fails and life goes on

A "C" league could work right now, got a very good lists of candidates and interest was high and at first it seemed like this would be given the green light, but that changed... the C league was painted as something that would degrade the league. Kind of doubt down the road we can pull a C league off. First off those opposed are dug into their position and I can't image candidates really want to put themselves thru a beauty contest given the fact they were treated as unwelcome visitors who would just screw things up and I doubt anyone will ever bring up the idea after this ever again.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "C" league could work right now, got a very good lists of candidates and interest was high and at first it seemed like this would be given the green light, but that changed... the C league was painted as something that would degrade the league. Kind of doubt down the road we can pull a C league off. First off those opposed are dug into their position and I can't image candidates really want to put themselves thru a beauty contest given the fact they were treated as unwelcome visitors who would just screw things up and I doubt anyone will ever bring up the idea after this ever again.
If that's what you read or got out if this discussion, you missed something somewhere. The watering down, or degradation that we spoke of never had anything to do with the 5 or 6 that have been nominated, and everything to do with the 6-7 completely unknown ones we'd have to find to fill out a league. Every step of the way, I was very clear I wanted everyone in, but we can't always get everything we want. And if I have to choose between the potential of having a handful of owners, who we don't know at all, that could screw things up, or making everyone happy and pretending that that could never happen..I chose caution.
We've put far too much effort and time into this to just haphazardly open the doors and do whatever is easiest, simply to avoid a hard decision

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we chose to expand from just the one, and add the B, the owners were there, they were already contributing members who we all knew and felt comfortable with that not only were they good peeps, but honorable, sportsmen, who we never thought in a million years were do anything to degrade the integrity of the league. Expansion didn't happen because we had 4 or 5 interested parties, but like 9- 10, we didn't have to go recruit anyone, and to avoid that potential possibility of that one guy being a bad apple, instead of searching for an owner we didn't know, we created the drone. This would be an ENTIRELY different discussion if we had 8-10 guys banging on the door to be let in. And I would gladly vote for a C league if that were the case, but it isn't..we've got 5 or 6, last year we couldn't even fund two viable nominees for oblivion.

If those of you who want this C league, and are pushing this minor league idea, which I also support given the right circumstances, please, get it going, get it organized and setup. Get those 8-10 owners involved, get em active on this board, shove them in our faces if you must. When those of us who are hesitant to just go nuts see that they're decent peeps, and won't disrespect what we've created, then we can revisit the whole thing with, most likely, vastly different results. But until then, no disrespect intended, but a lot of you don't have the same investment in this that some of us do. It's like a weird mutated version of our child...sure you all can love it and respect it, but it's just a totally different level for those of us who have been around the whole time.