• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily see it rising in the future. Easily...most of the objectors are objecting for the same reasons I did..the unknown quantities, like some of you guys suggested, get that other league together, get em on here, let us see that they're not just some yahoo that we had to go find to fill a spot.

It's always going to come down to this...can we fill a league with people we know will be reliable, honest, and contributing members..when we at least have a vague idea of the answer to that, expansion will come easily. But forcing it by finding what to must of us are just random names..we reject it out if hand. B league didn't happen overnight, the AFL and NFL didn't just decide to merge on a whim.

As to some voicing their objections to the point of maybe quitting..I attribute most of it to the issues we just went through this season being very fresh in everyone's minds, and it honestly did leave a very bad taste in more than a few mouths. I'm sure there was a resounding, "oh shit here we go again, times 2 with more people we can't know wether to trust or not"

The issues that came up were not from new guys, one in fact was the OP for the Barbarian league thread. In fact the new guys have been shining examples of what the new and passionate posters out there have to offer. Neither of who were on our radar to begin with. Good even great posters are there, you just got to let them know their is a opportunity for them. The timing for a C league is now, I highly doubt a better time for it will come down the road.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I got this from page 221 of the Barbarians thread when I googled.

bitter-beer-face.jpg

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe , can you dig up any of the old CBS threads that started all this?
Impossible. At least for me. I think you need an I.T. guy that knows how to salvage archived websites. I know Reverend Jim helped salvage some old avi's way back when we moved to the Hoop.
Or Wil may have some old posts saved (since that guy is so organized)?

Harold, in so many words, a lot of us "old guys" were essentially saying the same thing with the same reservations about a C league before Treff spoke so frankly about it. Besides, Treff does an enormous amount of work between the 2 leagues as it is. A 3rd league would be daunting to me. (Glad I'm not Treff.)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues that came up were not from new guys, one in fact was the OP for the Barbarian league thread. In fact the new guys have been shining examples of what the new and passionate posters out there have to offer. Neither of who were on our radar to begin with. Good even great posters are there, you just got to let them know their is a opportunity for them. The timing for a C league is now, I highly doubt a better time for it will come down the road.
Surely you can understand how it being someone we thought we knew all about doesn't make it any easier to be accepting of ones we don't, if anything, it cemented the resolve to not be all that accepting..which we just saw the past 24 hrs or so..just saying

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. At least for me. I think you need an I.T. guy that knows how to salvage archived websites. I know Reverend Jim helped salvage some old avi's way back when we moved to the Hoop.

Harold, in so many words, a lot of us "old guys" were essentially saying the same thing with the same reservations about a C league before Treff spoke so frankly about it. Besides, Treff does an enormous amount of work between the 2 leagues as it is. A 3rd league would be daunting to me. (Glad I'm not Treff.)
You can be if you want...I'll loan my Treff hat out any time you like

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you can understand how it being someone we thought we knew all about doesn't make it any easier to be accepting of ones we don't, if anything, it cemented the resolve to not be all that accepting..which we just saw the past 24 hrs or so..just saying
Which we just saw the past 24 hours or so? Not sure what your referring to there....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, I'll shut up now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly Treff, I bet that at least half of the no votes were a direct result of the negativity in your posts.

I don't wish to keep going back and forth on this and I have all the respect in the world for what you do and your role in keeping the league together, but I guarantee the poll results would look a lot different if you had not made the comments you made, or at least spoken your objection less aggressively.

I get where you guys are coming from, but I count 7 good people up for vote (5 great). If we actually made a concerted effort to get to know some of the people that Harold suggested, or perhaps tried to recruit a couple folks from the "Draft" side (Nos, and some of his boys) we would definitely field a strong group.

Also, just because you don't know somebody does not mean that the rest of us don't. I would hope that a vouch from a couple established members would count for something.

I will be back in a minute with a few names who I think would be great if we got them involved:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Treff, I bet that at least half of the no votes were a direct result of the negativity in your posts.

I don't wish to keep going back and forth on this and I have all the respect in the world for what you do and your role in keeping the league together, but I guarantee the poll results would look a lot different if you had not made the comments you made, or at least spoken your objection less aggressively.

I get where you guys are coming from, but I count 7 good people up for vote (5 great). If we actually made a concerted effort to get to know some of the people that Harold suggested, or perhaps tried to recruit a couple folks from the "Draft" side (Nos, and some of his boys) we would definitely field a strong group.

Also, just because you don't know somebody does not mean that the rest of us don't. I would hope that a vouch from a couple established members would count for something.

I will be back in a minute with a few names who I think would be great if we got them involved:
Nos would be great, no doubts. We've tried getting him in before, maybe he's got the time now?

As for everything else..that's entirely possible, but that washould at least part of the point..why else have the discussion if your not trying to get others to see your point of view and possibly agree with you? Hopefully, water under the bridge...we disagree all the time, but my respect for the Wizard has never wavered

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu
@CitySushi
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@wlk3
@Mebert

Just to name a few.

FYI, Milk, Smitty, Femur and EHB are all regularly involved with these drafts and I am sure would vouch these guys and more.

My point is, finding 4-6 quality owners between now and August is not hard at all if we put forth a bit of effort. Obviously anybody who joined would need to know what they were committing to, including the posting requirement, but these guys are probably just as oblivious to what we are doing as most of us are to them. If they knew, I bet some would want to be involved. I guarantee this would be a good group to tap into. Would all of them be hits? Probably not, but I guarantee we would find more than a couple gems from that list and it took me 5 minutes to come up with.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say try it for a year with the rules I proposed earlier. You have 6 or 7 names to start it from the ones who miss out on the vote. See how it works, without any chance of advancement the first year or two. Then revote if we want it.

The only downfall I see to the rules is getting one of the owners with 5+ years experience to run it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily see it rising in the future. Easily...most of the objectors are objecting for the same reasons I did..the unknown quantities, like some of you guys suggested, get that other league together, get em on here, let us see that they're not just some yahoo that we had to go find to fill a spot.

It's always going to come down to this...can we fill a league with people we know will be reliable, honest, and contributing members..when we at least have a vague idea of the answer to that, expansion will come easily. But forcing it by finding what to must of us are just random names..we reject it out if hand. B league didn't happen overnight, the AFL and NFL didn't just decide to merge on a whim.

As to some voicing their objections to the point of maybe quitting..I attribute most of it to the issues we just went through this season being very fresh in everyone's minds, and it honestly did leave a very bad taste in more than a few mouths. I'm sure there was a resounding, "oh shit here we go again, times 2 with more people we can't know wether to trust or not"

this is total BS... who would quit.?? even if we start a C league and it is a total disaster, how does the A OR B league get affected?? it doesn't only the C- league does... everything else would remain the same... as far as the a league is concerned, the only reason for the b league is the fear of demotion and the excitement of new blood that we know are good owners since they won a league... C- league will never affect A league... and will have the same affect to the B league as b league has to A league... and that really is not that significant...

the significant affect is not to the league itself, but the community of posters... and i can't believe a community of posters would be hurt by having a larger community...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is total BS... who would quit.?? even if we start a C league and it is a total disaster, how does the A OR B league get affected?? it doesn't only the C- league does... everything else would remain the same... as far as the a league is concerned, the only reason for the b league is the fear of demotion and the excitement of new blood that we know are good owners since they won a league... C- league will never affect A league... and will have the same affect to the B league as b league has to A league... and that really is not that significant...

the significant affect is not to the league itself, but the community of posters... and i can't believe a community of posters would be hurt by having a larger community...
Why does it not surprise me that you, milk if being suspended by the hammer once upon time, wouldn't get it and think it's BS

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu
@CitySushi
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@wlk3
@Mebert

Just to name a few.

FYI, Milk, Smitty, Femur and EHB are all regularly involved with these drafts and I am sure would vouch these guys and more.

My point is, finding 4-6 quality owners between now and August is not hard at all if we put forth a bit of effort. Obviously anybody who joined would need to know what they were committing to, including the posting requirement, but these guys are probably just as oblivious to what we are doing as most of us are to them. If they knew, I bet some would want to be involved. I guarantee this would be a good group to tap into. Would all of them be hits? Probably not, but I guarantee we would find more than a couple gems from that list and it took me 5 minutes to come up with.
You realize had this suggestion, with names in mind come before the effort to get it passed with only 5 or 6..you'd have been better off.

What are you waiting for? Go get em

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it not surprise me that you, milk if being suspended by the hammer once upon time, wouldn't get it and think it's BS

your right... me being suspended by hammer might make me appreciate the community more than the leagues tradition... i can almost care less about the league itself... i am in this because i like the people...