• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to lie, it feels good to hear some of you guys credit me with the start of this league. But really though I can't take credit. It was just a stupid challenge I issued, you guys build this league not me. I also want to say that I really feel fortunate to know all you guys and I am very thankful you guys put up with my utter nonsense back in those days. But I'd like to also personally thank one special guy that stands out to me and always has. He has never drawn credit to himself and never said a bad word about anyone and all though I have never met him in person nor even ever talked on the phone to him, I can honestly say I don't of a finer gentleman and I am proud to know average Joe, he is not average.

I am going to stay in the league if all you guys are ok with it, I am also re-considering starting up the old website. Which I am thrilled to see the powerhouse Lefty and good ol sammy are interested. I am not saying definitely but if everyone in both leagues is on board and if you guys agree to let me go at my own pace I would probably do it again. But thats a topic for another thread which Ill start after all this is settled. Thanks guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how I even got considered for the B league

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to lie, it feels good to hear some of you guys credit me with the start of this league. But really though I can't take credit. It was just a stupid challenge I issued, you guys build this league not me. I also want to say that I really feel fortunate to know all you guys and I am very thankful you guys put up with my utter nonsense back in those days. But I'd like to also personally thank one special guy that stands out to me and always has. He has never drawn credit to himself and never said a bad word about anyone and all though I have never met him in person nor even ever talked on the phone to him, I can honestly say I don't of a finer gentleman and I am proud to know average Joe, he is not average.

I am going to stay in the league if all you guys are ok with it, I am also re-considering starting up the old website. Which I am thrilled to see the powerhouse Lefty and good ol sammy are interested. I am not saying definitely but if everyone in both leagues is on board and if you guys agree to let me go at my own pace I would probably do it again. But thats a topic for another thread which Ill start after all this is settled. Thanks guys.
No, no Foot, the league was started because you were being a loud mouthed dick................but like I tell my wife all the time, sometimes being a loudmouthed dick is a good thing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how I even got considered for the B league
Because you were here asking questions, commenting, and engaging in conversations, and seemed like a good guy..simple as that, that's all it takes

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These results so far are making me physically ill..straight up honest, no bullshit. Sickening where this is going...

This was uncalled for.

If C wins out,I have a sneaking suspicion you all are going to be looking for more than 12 new owners in 2017...

I suspect this post sunk any chance of a C league. As much as I'm for a C league certainly not at the cost of a core poster like yourself which make this league work, votes started changing immediately from yes to no after this post.

We've put far too much effort and time into this to just haphazardly open the doors and do whatever is easiest, simply to avoid a hard decision

OMG the easy thing is to shoot it down rather then deal with the bumps in the road that could happen and have happen before. You think I can't make a decision on oblivion? If you do, you would be wrong.

The simple truth is your mind was made up on a C league long ago, you just weren't interested in expansion and I bet it came as a surprise that WilWhite had plans for a C league. A C league has it problems very much like starting the B league did, but the addition of passionate FF players to this league would be a boon. Some posters that have been around for a long while just can't devote as much time as they once use to and that's OK, but it leaves room for new blood who can and would given the chance. A chance you seem dead set against because there could/ would be problems. Those problems would get ironed out soon enough and the reward would be a thriving league filled with posters that actually have the time and desire for their passion of FF.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was uncalled for.

I suspect this post sunk any chance of a C league. As much as I'm for a C league certainly not at the cost of a core poster like yourself which make this league work, votes started changing immediately from yes to no after this post.

OMG the easy thing is to shoot it down rather then deal with the bumps in the road that could happen and have happen before. You think I can't make a decision on oblivion? If you do, you would be wrong.

The simple truth is your mind was made up on a C league long ago, you just weren't interested in expansion and I bet it came as a surprise that WilWhite had plans for a C league. A C league has it problems very much like starting the B league did, but the addition of passionate FF players to this league would be a boon. Some posters that have been around for a long while just can't devote as much time as they once use to and that's OK, but it leaves room for new blood who can and would given the chance. A chance you seem dead set against because there could/ would be problems. Those problems would get ironed out soon enough and the reward would be a thriving league filled with posters that actually have the time and desire for their passion of FF.
Actually that's not the simple truth, and I'm well aware WW had mentioned a possible C league so no, shocker, I was very well aware. And apparently you still misread..I'm all for expansion..Done properly, with the leagues best interests in mind. There shouldn't be a need to iron shit out.. which btw, we're already doing in D1, and had to deal with in BATG, which will result in unwritten rules actually having to be written out. These are the things we dont want. Why invite more without a better understanding of who were dealing with first. Easy for you guys, you don't have to deal with the fallout

As to my comments, the one you claim as uncalled for? Honesty is all that was, the cold bitter truth of how I felt at the prospect of searching out and basically begging 6 more people to come play with us.

And as for the one that you think may have sunk it entirely...be thankful I posted it, cuz had C league passed, judging by my inbox messages, the whole thing would've been blown up and it wouldn't even exist anymore

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I'm a slow at typing. Must of been like a half dozen posts happen before I got done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that's not the simple truth, and I'm well aware WW had mentioned a possible C league so no, shocker, I was very well aware. And apparently you still misread..I'm all for expansion..Done properly, with the leagues best interests in mind. There shouldn't be a need to iron shit out.. which btw, we're already doing in D1, and had to deal with in BATG, which will result in unwritten rules actually having to be written out. These are the things we dont want. Why invite more without a better understanding of who were dealing with first. Easy for you guys, you don't have to deal with the fallout

As to my comments, the one you claim as uncalled for? Honesty is all that was, the cold bitter truth of how I felt at the prospect of searching out and basically begging 6 more people to come play with us.

And as for the one that you think may have sunk it entirely...be thankful I posted it, cuz had C league passed, judging by my inbox messages, the whole thing would've been blown up and it wouldn't even exist anymore

So others were so dead set against this that they would quit? Certainly hard to see that from what others posted, but I guess not everyone says or post what's on their mind. Guess it's a mute point now, the C league is dead and I don't see it rising up in the future.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be time to move on for now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So others were so dead set against this that they would quit? Certainly hard to see that from what others posted, but I guess not everyone says or post what's on their mind. Guess it's a mute point now, the C league is dead and I don't see it rising up in the future.
I could easily see it rising in the future. Easily...most of the objectors are objecting for the same reasons I did..the unknown quantities, like some of you guys suggested, get that other league together, get em on here, let us see that they're not just some yahoo that we had to go find to fill a spot.

It's always going to come down to this...can we fill a league with people we know will be reliable, honest, and contributing members..when we at least have a vague idea of the answer to that, expansion will come easily. But forcing it by finding what to must of us are just random names..we reject it out if hand. B league didn't happen overnight, the AFL and NFL didn't just decide to merge on a whim.

As to some voicing their objections to the point of maybe quitting..I attribute most of it to the issues we just went through this season being very fresh in everyone's minds, and it honestly did leave a very bad taste in more than a few mouths. I'm sure there was a resounding, "oh shit here we go again, times 2 with more people we can't know wether to trust or not"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my post at 107. The vote is 12-7 against, but three of those 12 I believe could be easily proceeded to the yes side down the road. I believe my rough draft of rules could work and give us the C league in a few years. Or at worst it fails and life goes on
My NO vote is on account of the two guys who pour more blood, sweat and tears into this than anyone else.

I'm absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly a company man on this one. (10 Users currently viewing. During non-work hours... Gotta love it.)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no Foot, the league was started because you were being a loud mouthed dick................but like I tell my wife all the time, sometimes being a loudmouthed dick is a good thing.
OK in that case then I will take the credit.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My NO vote is on account of the two guys who pour more blood, sweat and tears into this than anyone else.

I'm absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly a company man on this one. (10 Users currently viewing. During non-work hours... Gotta love it.)

GET OUT OF MY HEAD DAMNIT.

How did you know the three were you, BK, and me?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No shit, we had like 8 or 9 at like 10 AM (Mountain for all you coastal peeps)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....................google MBBRL images and all of our avis come up...............