• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better than the oblivion that we have now...
Is it? An automatic in from a different setup, no matter what...or putting it up to a vote if the guys you've been playing with as to whether that guy gets your spot.

Rather take my chances than guarantee a demotion

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why for now, I am saying lets just get the owners and create a SCOUTING league... if it evolves, then we are so much better off, if it doesn't, then what did we lose?? a c-league??

I can see that as a good thing. Hell, maybe Foot would be interested if he really is gonna give up his spot. At least then we would have one of our more stable owners in the league, right?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as far as I can tell @TREFF there are 12 no votes and there are only 22 people that are eligible to vote, so I think you can call this one unless you see a reason to keep it open longer. Now we have to get back to your original question that started this in who is going to fill the last two spots for the B league next year. I guess another poll would be in order with those nominated listed and the two highest vote getters get the invitations for the two spots. Of course, what the hell do we do in the case of a tie? I guess we also need to figure out if Foot really is going to give up his spot also. Maybe that should serve as a different issue though. We fill the two spots required first and then see a doctor about the "foot" issue.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as far as I can tell @TREFF there are 12 no votes and there are only 22 people that are eligible to vote, so I think you can call this one unless you see a reason to keep it open longer. Now we have to get back to your original question that started this in who is going to fill the last two spots for the B league next year. I guess another poll would be in order with those nominated listed and the two highest vote getters get the invitations for the two spots. Of course, what the hell do we do in the case of a tie?
Agreed...but now that were there, I'm waiting till end of my workday to address anything else...ya'll got till 5pm most to keep in discussing it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the foot situation??

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...but now that were there, I'm waiting till end of my workday to address anything else...ya'll got till 5pm most to keep in discussing it.
Yeah but the vote is pretty much done..............here is what makes these leagues so great. Thursday December 22nd and check this out.

upload_2016-12-22_11-17-40.png

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's moving on to the big Tenactin in the sky..............he's gonna hit the road, literally............he's gonna "take a powder"................

So is he pulling out of everything fantasy related, even dynasty ????

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the foot situation??

BbANzJCCIAA0lAh.jpg

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may...

This whole discussion of a C league actually began with a discussion about OBLIVION and the possible ouster of Shady and Stomp (I think it was those 2 owners at risk). I also believe it was @HaroldSeattle who made a compelling argument for them stay.

You may be interested to see Wil's original thoughts on the subject of oblivion. This was copied from the self-titled thread MBBRL Oblivion Discussion:

I took the liberty of bolding specific sentences in Wil's post. (This is his entire post from the thread.)

The reason for oblivion: sometimes people seem like pretty good owners in pre-season, but end up not taking care of their teams, and - just as bad - not posting. Usually the two go hand in hand. But even if their team was awful they could still say "sure" in the exciting days of next August and re-up, and run their team the same way again, while guys like Shady or Nos would be left out. The "oblivion" rule is a chance for not-really-interested owners to drop out naturally rather than having to be voted out. And if for some reason everybody wanted them back instead, they could come back.

Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in.

Now, if at the end of the year the A leaguers really hate to see the bottom two guys go of course they could be voted back in, and it probably also means the B league is in good shape. And if there are a few more guys we'd really like to bring in, a C league would make sense. But it should be set up identical to the A and B leagues, even if there end up being a few drones. Drones are better than bad owners. (The problem is that it won't be much fun to run.)

It's not really about expansion, or about punishment, or about a path back in, but about maintaining a critical mass of quality players/posters in the MBBRL, whatever size it is.

As to who votes on who gets in, regardless of the situation... I think everybody in the A and B leagues should vote, but votes should get multiplied by the number of years in the league. (Those here the longest have the most at stake.)​

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may...

This whole discussion of a C league actually began with a discussion about OBLIVION and the possible ouster of Shady and Stomp (I think it was those 2 owners at risk). I also believe it was @HaroldSeattle who made a compelling argument for them stay.

You may be interested to see Wil's original thoughts on the subject of oblivion. This was copied from the self-titled thread MBBRL Oblivion Discussion:

I took the liberty of bolding specific sentences in Wil's post. (This is his entire post from the thread.)

The reason for oblivion: sometimes people seem like pretty good owners in pre-season, but end up not taking care of their teams, and - just as bad - not posting. Usually the two go hand in hand. But even if their team was awful they could still say "sure" in the exciting days of next August and re-up, and run their team the same way again, while guys like Shady or Nos would be left out. The "oblivion" rule is a chance for not-really-interested owners to drop out naturally rather than having to be voted out. And if for some reason everybody wanted them back instead, they could come back.

Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in.

Now, if at the end of the year the A leaguers really hate to see the bottom two guys go of course they could be voted back in, and it probably also means the B league is in good shape. And if there are a few more guys we'd really like to bring in, a C league would make sense. But it should be set up identical to the A and B leagues, even if there end up being a few drones. Drones are better than bad owners. (The problem is that it won't be much fun to run.)

It's not really about expansion, or about punishment, or about a path back in, but about maintaining a critical mass of quality players/posters in the MBBRL, whatever size it is.

As to who votes on who gets in, regardless of the situation... I think everybody in the A and B leagues should vote, but votes should get multiplied by the number of years in the league. (Those here the longest have the most at stake.)​

Nice find Joe, I need to save that post. What page was it on in the main page if you have it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoveled my driveway the other day... pretty wide. Have a new (year old) Jeep, and the wife has a car she takes to work, but doesn't use other than that.

The car is usually on the road in front of the house (I live in a Cul de sac). But had to put it in the driveway as to not block the plow which would come by a some point.

So, after shoveling, I moved the car right up against the grass in my front yard to leave enough room for me to back the jeep out.

Five seconds after moving the car to the side, out of the way... I jump in the jeep, and like I hadn't done anything in the past 10 seconds, pop 'er in reverse, let 'er go and ..................WHAM!

Backed right into the damn thing. Not much damage to the jeep, a little dent and cracked reverse light. The car? Smashed the driver side head light, and cracked all around the fender and front bumper.

Merry Christmas to me! :doh:
:canada:Need I say more

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice find Joe, I need to save that post. What page was it on in the main page if you have it.
The link I included in the post takes you right to Wil's post. It was post #30 on page 2.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy to see you Wil of White
I'm still in your debt for crashing the drone for ol Barilko

Be well sir

and this time I won't quote the whole Wil White album just 2 tracks

Long Long Long

Goodnight

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Foot

Yes, I may have convinced Foot to stay in all leagues.

Look, not that I have to explain myself, but maybe Foot had a down year where his focus took him away from FF. Who hasn't had a few days/weeks/months like that in recent years?

Now maybe you'll all think that I've been dipping into Foot's bat guano with this next statement. But I firmly believe that had it not been for Foot's outrageous bragging and out-of-the-box thinking back on the extinct CBS message boards, we would NEVER have formed the MBBRL. At least, maybe not as quickly.

In part, the idea for creating the MBBRL was to make all of us at that time "Put Up or Shut Up." And look at the conglomerate that the MBBRL is today!! We have Suicide leagues, coma leagues, 2 very competitive standard leagues, and even 2 dynasty leagues. Many have said over the years that the MBBRL is the best league to be a part of.

Disagree if you may but I credit Foot for challenging us all to get the ball rolling back on CBS. To borrow a hockey analogy, he may not have scored the goal (creating the MBBRL), but he was definitely awarded a huge assist for the MBBRL in my book.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Foot

Yes, I may have convinced Foot to stay in all leagues.

Look, not that I have to explain myself, but maybe Foot had a down year where his focus took him away from FF. Who hasn't had a few days/weeks/months like that in recent years?

Now maybe you'll all think that I've been dipping into Foot's bat guano with this next statement. But I firmly believe that had it not been for Foot's outrageous bragging and out-of-the-box thinking back on the extinct CBS message boards, we would NEVER have formed the MBBRL. At least, maybe not as quickly.

In part, the idea for creating the MBBRL was to make all of us at that time "Put Up or Shut Up." And look at the conglomerate that the MBBRL is today!! We have Suicide leagues, coma leagues, 2 very competitive standard leagues, and even 2 dynasty leagues. Many have said over the years that the MBBRL is the best league to be a part of.

Disagree if you may but I credit Foot for challenging us all to get the ball rolling back on CBS. To borrow a hockey analogy, he may not have scored the goal (creating the MBBRL), but he was definitely awarded a huge assist for the MBBRL in my book.
For all my disagreements over the years with Foot...your %100 correct..we wouldn't be here if not for that little appendage