• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, still can't believe I'm asking this, as my personal opinion is that it's a disastrous idea that could ultimately ruin everything we've all loved for years..but the choice is not mine to make.

However, the C league would have to be the exact same setup as the A & B, cannot do relegation, or any other valid comparison, with different amounts of teams, as 10 members obviously leaves a lot on the table compared to 12, so 10 teams is not an option.

Votes will be public, if no other reason than we need to know who is voting. Only the 22 current MBBRL A & B leagues should be voting, I'm discounting Micro and Stomp as obviously opening a C league saves them from oblivion and that's not what this vote is about

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yes. It will only make this a better league. Some of us have competed against some of the candidates in our leagues. Ehb5, femurov, DUB, that 25% of the group right there that have all ready proven themselves. The rest
have posts and threads for evidence that they love posting and seem to know FF.

Vote yes for a even better league!:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes for right now, but would only be in agreement if we have 12 people.
This is the part that is scaring me....................IMO A and B are running like clockwork, and I'm in agreement with those who are saying leagues should be the same. All 3 12 teamers, same set up and drafts the same day. Look, I think this was brought up last year and I was totally against it. What has changed? tHoop has added some good new posters to this board and I think it would up the level of competition. That said, I think I'll wait and vote after we settle Oblivion.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that is scaring me....................IMO A and B are running like clockwork, and I'm in agreement with those who are saying leagues should be the same. All 3 12 teamers, same set up and drafts the same day. Look, I think this was brought up last year and I was totally against it. What has changed? tHoop has added some good new posters to this board and I think it would up the level of competition. That said, I think I'll wait and vote after we settle Oblivion.
the issue there is that it doesn't appear as though oblivion will be taken seriously by those that are pushing for a C league, they'd rather create and entirely new league than make the tough call to vote for or against someone, so whether or not there will be a C league is going to have to come first.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue there is that it doesn't appear as though oblivion will be taken seriously by those that are pushing for a C league, they'd rather create and entirely new league than make the tough call to vote for or against someone, so whether or not there will be a C league is going to have to come first.

We will not have to worry over oblivion again, since we'll never keep 36 people on-board. .... every year someone(s) drops out.

BTW - I VOTED NO to 'C'. ..... in case anyone cares.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will not have to worry over oblivion again, since we'll never keep 36 people on-board. .... every year someone(s) drops out.

BTW - I VOTED NO to 'C'. ..... in case anyone cares.
as did I as i fear we are diluting our product
we already had some shaky moves done in B this year.. and now a C...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sway anyone's vote not in the least but if the c league wins out then I will stick around so you guys have one less team to worry about getting.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These results so far are making me physically ill..straight up honest, no bullshit. Sickening where this is going...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sway anyone's vote not in the least but if the c league wins out then I will stick around so you guys have one less team to worry about getting.
If C wins out,I have a sneaking suspicion you all are going to be looking for more than 12 new owners in 2017...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you treff and if you think it's going to be a problem I won't doubt your judgement but I kind of see it like this. The A league are the pros. The B league are the guys that were invited to the combine (top picks that will go pro) and if there is a C it will be the undrafted free agents some may get to the pros but most won't so it will be a little rif-rafty. Just my two sence. But you seem very against so I'm rethinking it a bit as well.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These results so far are making me physically ill..straight up honest, no bullshit. Sickening where this is going...

Is this really needed? I would feel pretty disrespected if I was one of the nominations at this point. If they are good enough to be nominated for B league I see no harm in a C league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does it have to be 12 owners?? i get mirror images, but i see the whole point of the c-league is to see who is MBBRL worthy... consider it the minor leagues... In fact depending on the # of owners i would change the rules... What we need to find are owners that play through the season, and will be active on the fantasy boards...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted on the other board, I voted no. Here's the thing, it's one thing to even find 12 people now (which is going to be damn near impossible) but it's going to be worse to get those same 12 people in July or August when we need to start making decisions. We have to get everything set by the beginning of August. We vote on rule changes, member changes, the draft day, the draft order etc. so everybody that says yes now would have to know that they can't just wait until August 15th to log back on to this message board.

On a side note and I understand that everybody else might not feel the same way, but the traditionalist side of me wants to play against the guys I've been playing against these years. If we add a C league, now we have 36 teams, so the odds of me ever playing Sammy or Barilko or Monkey or Face or Lefty again are getting slimmer. The more you spread out the teams, the more likelihood it is that the originals won't get to play with each other ever again. You guys say that expansion makes it a stronger league, but what does that even mean. Is there some kind of national competition that I'm not aware of that we are competing in for strongest league? I play fantasy football because I enjoy it, but I like the history and the people involved and it just seems we are moving farther away from tradition in order to be a "stronger" league. Without the relationships you have with the people involved, this becomes just another league and I don't want that to happen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted on the other board, I voted no. Here's the thing, it's one thing to even find 12 people now (which is going to be damn near impossible) but it's going to be worse to get those same 12 people in July or August when we need to start making decisions. We have to get everything set by the beginning of August. We vote on rule changes, member changes, the draft day, the draft order etc. so everybody that says yes now would have to know that they can't just wait until August 15th to log back on to this message board.

On a side note and I understand that everybody else might not feel the same way, but the traditionalist side of me wants to play against the guys I've been playing against these years. If we add a C league, now we have 36 teams, so the odds of me ever playing Sammy or Barilko or Monkey or Face or Lefty again are getting slimmer. The more you spread out the teams, the more likelihood it is that the originals won't get to play with each other ever again. You guys say that expansion makes it a stronger league, but what does that even mean. Is there some kind of national competition that I'm not aware of that we are competing in for strongest league? I play fantasy football because I enjoy it, but I like the history and the people involved and it just seems we are moving farther away from tradition in order to be a "stronger" league. Without the relationships you have with the people involved, this becomes just another league and I don't want that to happen.

see, this is where i disagree... I don't think the MBBRL is a great league because of the rules(or lack of them) or even the history or tradition... What makes MBBRL so special is the People, and the community... and i am all in to extend that community...