• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL C league??

Should there be a C league

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to vote No.

Not because I'm against the idea of a C league. I actually think it's an intriguing idea. And I'm glad there's a B, or Id have never played in a league with some of you. ( I would have, eventually, somehow.). And as you all know, fantasy expansion is a personal
Dream mine. But if TREFF and Bandit have reservations on the idea, I'm going to proceed with caution as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to vote No.

Not because I'm against the idea of a C league. I actually think it's an intriguing idea. And I'm glad there's a B, or Id have never played in a league with some of you. ( I would have, eventually, somehow.). And as you all know, fantasy expansion is a personal
Dream mine. But if TREFF and Bandit have reservations on the idea, I'm going to proceed with caution as well.

the reservations are that many think that we would HAVE to mirror the other 2 leagues... if we don't have to then it would work, and would work great...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to vote No.

After reading @canesandfinsfanatic post i had to change my vote

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this really needed? I would feel pretty disrespected if I was one of the nominations at this point. If they are good enough to be nominated for B league I see no harm in a C league.
I feel physically ill watching something I love get degraded and diluted, not to mention the tons of extra hours putting everything together, making sure things run smooth, hours that I have less of now than ever before, the potential headaches being doubled when having to deal with people leaving defenses or kickers empty to avoid dropping a position player and having to mediate those arguments...and you want me to worry about a few hurt feelings? From people who I nominated for two spots and am trying to get them in the right way? To a proven amazing league, not a watered down version of what one used to be? You want me to worry about that?

Ain't happening

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, this is where i disagree... I don't think the MBBRL is a great league because of the rules(or lack of them) or even the history or tradition... What makes MBBRL so special is the People, and the community... and i am all in to extend that community...
As with any section of society the bigger it gets, the dirtier, nastier, more shady it becomes..communities especially

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reservations are that many think that we would HAVE to mirror the other 2 leagues... if we don't have to then it would work, and would work great...
If the leagues don't mirror than the entire point of having them joined together and operating with the regulation/promotion is lost, and if that's lost, then we may as well splinter into two or three groups of twelve and everyone have their own leagues

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up voting no but I am still somewhat fond of the idea. We are worried about diluting the product and I get that. Something that intrigues me is we don't have to call it a C league and keep it separate from the relegation/oblivion aspect. However I like the idea of having a separate league filled with potential managers that would replace those in oblivion. As in this is our draft pool to replace those that are lost two oblivion but the leagues are still separate. I think it would show who the top managers are and it would also give us a good idea of who is and will remain active and entire season even if the season isn't going well. Maybe I'm just rambling but I think there is something here but short of being a C league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up voting no but I am still somewhat fond of the idea. We are worried about diluting the product and I get that. Something that intrigues me is we don't have to call it a C league and keep it separate from the relegation/oblivion aspect. However I like the idea of having a separate league filled with potential managers that would replace those in oblivion. As in this is our draft pool to replace those that are lost two oblivion but the leagues are still separate. I think it would show who the top managers are and it would also give us a good idea of who is and will remain active and entire season even if the season isn't going well. Maybe I'm just rambling but I think there is something here but short of being a C league.
I have no problems with that..I'm not running it, Bandit won't have to keep track of it, and it'll have no affiliation with MBBRL whatsoever..so basically, yeah anyone has our permission to go start their own league, come here talk about it, and maybe we'll nominate them for filling oblivion spots. Seems kinda like what we'vebeen doing only a bit more formalwith a very loose affiliation

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seem to be a number of reservations. And just being honest, I trust their forethought on this.

I love out of the box thinking. And my knee jerk opinion is More is Better. Increasing the community en sech. I'm not against those things.

But maybe there is a better route to achieve them than adding another tier? Idk

I've never felt pressure in fantasy(20+ years of baseball. Back when we did it by hand with the newspaper In a three ring binder every night as a kid. This is my 17th season of fantasy football. "Helping" essentially my entire life from a crazy USFL league to now.) like I did in the Barbarians the last month or so. Oblivion loomed over my head. And while my season stunk. Partly on account of injuries, partly on account of stubbornness. (I rostered a guy all season who I used TWICE!) it was a crazy expierience fighting just to avoid the boot. (My stubbornness paid off, Powell whipped ass both times I used him.). And I don't really want to lose that part of what we have.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems with that..I'm not running it, Bandit won't have to keep track of it, and it'll have no affiliation with MBBRL whatsoever..so basically, yeah anyone has our permission to go start their own league, come here talk about it, and maybe we'll nominate them for filling oblivion spots. Seems kinda like what we'vebeen doing only a bit more formalwith a very loose affiliation
The Federal League gave us Wrigley Field.

The USFL gave us the salary cap.

The XFL, well, I thought it was fun. And my boy Tim Lester got to play.

There is precedent for off shoots improving the status quo. (American League and AFL). Or not.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this league were voted in

Who would be the commish? Treff does the first two already and it is asking a lot of him to set up a third league where he is only playing in one.

Who will keep up with the total points and power rankings? Bandit like Treff does a tremendous job, but he has already stated that he is at his limits with FF.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Federal League gave us Wrigley Field.

The USFL gave us the salary cap.

The XFL, well, I thought it was fun. And my boy Tim Lester got to play.

There is precedent for off shoots improving the status quo. (American League and AFL). Or not.
No shit? I never knew the salary cap was stolen from the USFL

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit? I never knew the salary cap was stolen from the USFL
I don't remember the ins and outs.

And maybe a lesser league did it at some point before hand. That could've happened. I just remember that first FA summer for the NFL and listening to a lot of USFL chatter. (USFL
Had been dead a few years before the NFL went that route.)

It's was a soft cap. All those big names cost some serious money.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will vote once i know if @Brees#1 can be considered

Enough people have mentioned him he gets a nomination..but I think it's sick and twisted anyone wants him around as a punching bag and he'll never have my support because of that

Well, I'll just say this - there are currently 4 people on my ignore list - he is one. So, I think it pretty clear where I stand on him.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading some more of the posts here I changed to no. Wasn't aware (and still am not clear) on shady shit in the B league this year. We just can't have that happen. So do we need a majority or is it 2/3/..............can't remember.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound harsh but I'm not sure how I feel about a 'C' league. The MBBRL was established to assemble the 'cream of the crop' - it started with the 12 most active (and seemingly knowledgeable) posters on CBS, then grew to 23 with the advent of the 'B' (the 24th was the drone). Oblivion was included strictly as a means to weed out the less successful of those 24. Thus, there is always potential for an additional 2 'new' folks to move in.
Not taking anything from the nominees, but it seems like adding another 11 or 12 posters for yet another MBBRL league, waters the foundation of the MBBRL down. As for oblivion, by rule, it will always be there in some form or another since the same move up/down criteria would have to be applied to the 'B' and 'C' as for 'A' and 'B'.
In the end, I think I'll vote no to expansion - but probably could be persuaded otherwise (with some really good rationale).
BTW - there is nothing preventing anyone from starting their own competitive splinter league. ...

I have no problems with that..I'm not running it, Bandit won't have to keep track of it, and it'll have no affiliation with MBBRL whatsoever..so basically, yeah anyone has our permission to go start their own league, come here talk about it, and maybe we'll nominate them for filling oblivion spots. Seems kinda like what we've been doing only a bit more formal with a very loose affiliation

Plant a seed and sometimes it will eventually grow. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, this is where i disagree... I don't think the MBBRL is a great league because of the rules(or lack of them) or even the history or tradition... What makes MBBRL so special is the People, and the community... and i am all in to extend that community...

Shocking. ....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel physically ill watching something I love get degraded and diluted, not to mention the tons of extra hours putting everything together, making sure things run smooth, hours that I have less of now than ever before, the potential headaches being doubled when having to deal with people leaving defenses or kickers empty to avoid dropping a position player and having to mediate those arguments...and you want me to worry about a few hurt feelings? From people who I nominated for two spots and am trying to get them in the right way? To a proven amazing league, not a watered down version of what one used to be? You want me to worry about that?

Ain't happening

I honestly don't get this at all. Does not make sense.

If not for you all be willing to "degrade" and "dilute" your precious league 5 years ago, I would not be here. Most of the great competitors currently in the league today were originally brought on through and because of the B league. You don't need 12 people to make it viable.

Also, I will never vote against a current member of the 24 unless they are in the bottom 2 on a regular basis or if they have been inactive. I know others feel the same. So Treff, if you want somebody out, then no more beating around the bush. If you have an issue with somebody, then you need to specifically state your case against. Otherwise it ain't happening.

Guys like @ehb5 and @femurov and @richig07 and @DUB should be in. All of them. Like I said before, it does not hurt to give a couple others a chance. @Barilko was a complete unkown when he joined. You guys are assuming the worst in people. We have 4 great candidates, 3 good ones and a few unknowns.

Guess what? Some of the unknowns will be Barilkos. Some will be busts. The busts get replaced.

I think C should be a go, but with one modification:

ALL C league owners not advancing to B can be replaced or "cast to oblivion" if not meeting the posting/competition standards.

Lastly, C league does not have to mirror A and B. Take away the point. Comparison element and it does not matter. Call the C league MBBRL minors. Make it 8 teams if that is all we have. Top 2 automatically move up, bottom 2 B leaguers move down. In time, if C grows to 12 people we can use the same rules as we have in A and B.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I am most frustrated with is that some of you guys think things have to be done a certain way because that is how they have been done in the past. The MBBRL is a great league, but it can be even better. Failure to adapt can make things stale.

I want to compete against the best of the best. Adding more people makes us stronger. The unworthy owners will never make it up to the A league.