• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit paying attention to QBR when Aaron Rodgers went 26 for 38 with 396 yards and 2 touchdowns and finished with a lower QBR than Tim Tebow, who only played half the game and went 4 for 10.

Somehow -- In the eyes of QBR -- Tebow was an 82.3, while Rodgers was an 82.1. Right there -- I gave up on that stat.

It reminds me of the WAR stat for the MLB.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock I have on Stafford is when he gets frustrated and tries to force the ball. He hasn't done much of that so far this season.

But I won't seriously rag on him until this quagmire of an OL shows some improvement. The line wasn't great last year (I don't give a good cot damn what the stats said), and it's worse this year. New coaches, new offense. It takes time. But if the OL doesn't start to play somewhat better, soon, the wins may get harder to come by.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read all of this thread. I started to and got off track because of the QBR comments I kept reading.

I still think a lot of this has to fall onto the person calling the plays on the sideline. Our OL hasn't been able to pass protect for pretty much the entire season and our running game has been in shambles. I'm not sure what they did yesterday in the game -- but it should have been all short passes/screens, etc. Every game until Calvin comes back should be short routes, as teams don't have to worry about our running game and don't have to worry about a vertical passing attack.

It seems we need to change up our blocking schemes, as whatever they are doing is not working. The OL seems confused many times and if a team blitzes -- quite a few times, guys don't seem to know their responsibility and guys come in untouched.

Will be interesting to see how the Lions look in this upcoming week. Atlanta has been brutal on defense. If the offense can't get it going against Atlanta -- we may have some issues going forward. With the defense playing like they have been -- we still may be able to make a run in the playoffs though. Crossing my fingers that they don't rush Calvin back until he is 100% ready though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line wasn't great last year (I don't give a good cot damn what the stats said)

I got reemed on here for saying this before the season. I tried to say how Stafford made the pass protection look better than it was by throwing the ball away or forcing throws to avoid sacks.

It is part of the reason why I haven't put down Stafford much this year. If you don't have time to throw the ball and you are told to limit forcing throws to cut down turnovers -- you are going to get what we see right now.

When you take away multiple weapons and have no running game to get defenses to bite on play action -- it is going to make it tough for any QB.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to be Bondzai. I was a refuge from CBS (I hate even saying those letters). I've been pretty busy so I haven't posted here since last season.

I read this board rather than the newspapers.

thats cool. I remember Bondzai. Good to have you back. I saw Rob and thought someone else.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how the Lions look in this upcoming week. Atlanta has been brutal on defense. If the offense can't get it going against Atlanta -- we may have some issues going forward. With the defense playing like they have been -- we still may be able to make a run in the playoffs though. Crossing my fingers that they don't rush Calvin back until he is 100% ready though.

Didnt we say the same about NO?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did adjust the stats. I saw that TP put "14 ints, 7 fumbles" in regards to what his season stats "could" be if he continued he same path. I initially took it as 7 LOST fumbles and thought no fucking way has he lost that many already. And I was right, he hasn't. He's only lost 1.

So I did a minute of research and found out that Stafford has only lost 1 fumble. Obviously zero turnovers is the goal, but here going to happen. Just gotta hope he cuts down on them is all.

Yeah, that's my bad. He's on pace to lose 2 fumbles this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did adjust the stats. I saw that TP put "14 ints, 7 fumbles" in regards to what his season stats "could" be if he continued he same path. I initially took it as 7 LOST fumbles and thought no fucking way has he lost that many already. And I was right, he hasn't. He's only lost 1.

So I did a minute of research and found out that Stafford has only lost 1 fumble. Obviously zero turnovers is the goal, but here going to happen. Just gotta hope he cuts down on them is all.

So the OP's research was wrong, my bad. Again Batman, I can only go by the question Robin asked. The stats of 21 were not good. I am guessing for some reason this is all me here. As for some reason you are protecting your friend when I answered his question.

He has cut down so far. Been defending Stafford actually recently during offensive woes. Hard see through perception of Stafford bashing for Robin.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the OP's research was wrong, my bad. Again Batman, I can only go by the question Robin asked. The stats of 21 were not good. I am guessing for some reason this is all me here. As for some reason you are protecting your friend when I answered his question.

He has cut down so far. Been defending Stafford actually recently during offensive woes. Hard see through perception of Stafford bashing for Robin.

Lol. I simply stated that he isn't on pace to lose 7 fumbles. Sometimes I see things and don't initially believe them. Maybe u could try it some time.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me see who would be better at this point in their careers and future than Staford playing in the NFL:

Luck
Rodgers
Ryan
Rivers

and thats about it. Manning and Brady are at the end of their careers so I would not want a 1-2 and done QB. At this point in time I think the coaching staff is on the hook for the lackluster offense. But when you are winning does it matter?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can i be mr freeze???

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock I have on Stafford is when he gets frustrated and tries to force the ball. He hasn't done much of that so far this season.

But I won't seriously rag on him until this quagmire of an OL shows some improvement. The line wasn't great last year (I don't give a good cot damn what the stats said), and it's worse this year. New coaches, new offense. It takes time. But if the OL doesn't start to play somewhat better, soon, the wins may get harder to come by.

:agree: Completely

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford hasn't been good this year. He hasn't been awful either. The line has been terrible. They can't make holes or keep pressure off of Stafford. He has no time to go through progressions. There's no time for long routes to develop. I would say Aaron Rodgers is the only guy I've seen be affective with no run game and no protection. Stafford could and probably should be better even with the line issues and injuries but at this point I'm not thinking any differently about him than I have in the past. I'm still firmly in his corner but if he leads us to another top 5 draft pick season them I may start thinking about a replacement.

And Matt Ryan JD? Seriously? He played well early and people latched on to this idea that he would be great but talk about a guy who hit his ceiling quickly.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I simply stated that he isn't on pace to lose 7 fumbles. Sometimes I see things and don't initially believe them. Maybe u could try it some time.

Stats get hammered in here from either direction. Seems only stat that can not be argued is W-L.

21-14 is not great. Not to awful either. 21-14 has the looks of a QB with a run game. I still feel when CJ comes back it changes many variables and actually see that 21-14 being better. Just a hunch. Some harped on the 2 INTs yesterday. One was not on him. The ones that hurt the Lions so far not happening this year. The Bree's INT hurt his team. Was nice to see a late turnover not be us.

Can I still call you Batman? It fits with you guys. I tried not to believe it, after some research...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats get hammered in here from either direction. Seems only stat that can not be argued is W-L.
I wasn't hammering any stat, simply making a correction. Like I said, when I saw the potential 7 fumbles for the year, it didn't make sense to me b/c I don't remember Staff losing that many fumbles already. Turns out I was right. Not sure why you took such offense to it? :noidea:

21-14 is not great. Not to awful either. 21-14 has the looks of a QB with a run game. I still feel when CJ comes back it changes many variables and actually see that 21-14 being better.
As do I. Have I brought on the impression that I think he WON'T bring his numbers up with CJ back?

Can I still call you Batman? It fits with you guys.
Not sure what your sudden problem is with me. I simply corrected a post from a guy named Robin now that I thought didn't make sense. And you take issue with that? :wtf2:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't hammering any stat, simply making a correction. Like I said, when I saw the potential 7 fumbles for the year, it didn't make sense to me b/c I don't remember Staff losing that many fumbles already. Turns out I was right. Not sure why you took such offense to it? :noidea:

As do I. Have I brought on the impression that I think he WON'T bring his numbers up with CJ back?

Not sure what your sudden problem is with me. I simply corrected a post from a guy named Robin now that I thought didn't make sense. And you take issue with that? :wtf2:
I am thinking you are reading so deep into this you may drown. Nobody accused you of any said offenses.
1) I was referring to research findings of stats get hammered. Why waste the time. Especially a projested hypothetical season stat. Then stand by them as probowl numbers or something
2)No offense was taken toward you yet again. It was directed at hypothetical stat line that was wrong.
3)No you did not, no where. I was bringing that impression when I said correct the stat line and would answer accordingly. That was my answer that hypothetically I saw better than 21-14 for Stafford with CJ back. Again, reading way to deep or being really defensive for no reason.
4) you did not correct his post. Never even attempted. You made light on my post not his. Which means my Batman and Robin theory is true. Then Robin copies your post to me and actually perceives to think my assumption is wrong when he gave me the wrong stats and defends his mistakes as my bad perception.

I do realize Muzz is in Seattle hiding at the moment. So I must be be new tag team guy. However if you are going to correct posts start with the post that was wrong. Not the post you defend Robin in. Still not issue with you or Trev. Just correct him as you are attempting with me. I would love just once to see that happen.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) you did not correct his post. Never even attempted. You made light on my post not his. Which means my Batman and Robin theory is true. Then Robin copies your post to me and actually perceives to think my assumption is wrong when he gave me the wrong stats and defends his mistakes as my bad perception.
Who cares where I make the correction? I didn't notice it until you posted a 21-21 ratio. That's when I re-read his post as I basically skimmed over it(I don't read all posts carefully). I didn't attack your stance. I simply made a statement. If you're bothered by me quoting your post, not sure what to tell you.

And go ahead and call me what you want. You're the one bothered by it, not me. I find it comical it bothers you so much.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Yes it bothers so much I can not take it. I will wave a white flag and keep laughing every time you defend that guy. Just as many here do also.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a little something you need to know about QBR:

In some ways it shows a decent assessment of how the QB has performed but some of it does him no justice. For example, if you only remove the one interception that wasnt Stafford's fault, his QBR for the game goes up to a 95.3. Huge difference there. Too add, lets give Stafford three of his completions back that were dropped and about 15 more yards for those completions to bring his totals to 30-40, 314 yards, 2 tds and 1 interception. Those small things bring the QBR to 103.5.

Any interception thrown brings the rating down 10% on average. Incompletions seem to be around 2% and yards thrown has some effect, obviously.

On the season, give Stafford a few more TDs and 6 more completions, hes at 94.6, which aint bad. Staffords numbers are on the low side and his TDs are down. Therefore his QBR is a bit low. This is no excuse for his play but his numbers would probably be a bit better with CJ in the lineup. It wouldnt take much at all to get that QBR up.

As for the arguing and bickering, its pointless because those that dislike him will only view him in a negative manner and over analyze the things he does wrong. Right now, one way to judge him is where he takes this 5-2 team from here. If he folds, question him. He'll be in perfect position to make a playoff run after the bye. I'll be watching for that, not a overthrow here or there and a incompletion.