• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Laker and I are in near complete agreement on something again... I think that says a lot about this issue, as we don't always quite see eye-to-eye...

Then you are agreeing with many others also. Just they state what they want worked on. You are defending some of these.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya there. There's plenty wrong with his overall game right now. But there's also plenty right with it, imo. He's been average so far this season on the whole, imo. Not good enough, given what we know he's capable of, but good enough for 5 wins (or good enough, at least, not to lose thus far).

that sounds about right to me too.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are agreeing with many others also. Just they state what they want worked on. You are defending some of these.

I agree, for the most part besides smitty and maybe 22, most of us agree that stafford has been doing ok but needs to improve. I think smitty and 22 have given up on him completely which is fine, I can see why they would feel that way. Not everyone has a legit eye for talent. Lets keep in mind though how much smitty hated tate though so his opinion is invalid, lol. Judging talent, he is not.I think most of is also are in agreeance that the offensive line is the biggest issue relative to their production currently.

Ps just fucking with both of you, smit and 22. And you know I always fuck with you gandy, curtains opened baby.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Laker and I are in near complete agreement on something again... I think that says a lot about this issue, as we don't always quite see eye-to-eye...

We agree quite often and probably will even more now that I believe the lions are a legitimate playoff contender. I didnt agree last year, which brings us to when we disagree, which is the problem.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bunch a thin skinned pussies the three amigos are.

Smitty has not discredited his talent completely. Tate did kick his cat. That is a douchie move IMO. Short Buns was a good cat.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff looks to be playing scared at times and that's indicative to the Lions giving up a league high, 24 sacks. Addressing his protection should be first and foremost.

Imo, Staff has also become a bit gun shy because of injuries he sustained early on in his career, lack of trusted/consistent, offensive play-makers and by the sheer, rampant pass rush constantly in his face. But, his job is still to protect the ball and run the offense effectively. I think he's done this to about 80-85% of his ability this season.

Not even the elite QBs complete 70% of their throws or maintain a flawless TD - INT ratio, given, but expectations of Stafford are to be in that class of elite QBs, correct? When he misses a wide open back by three feet on a screen pass or wheel route, can't lead a wide open WR over the middle or curls up into a ball the second the pocket collapses (probably coached to do so at times) it's frustrating because he's leaving a whole lot of production on the field.

All his fault? Absolutely not. But he is the general out there and will take the majority of blame when the offense fails. There's a reason why the top QBs remain at the top year after year with rotating personnel around them. Staff does need to step it up...literally. The organization also needs to place better personnel around him (24 sacks - ineffective running game at times, injury plagued receiving corps that often drops passes, etc...won't cut it ). That'll help with Staff's confidence which too has taken a hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has become a much better game manager this season. Unlike other classic game managers Stafford has the talent to take over a game when needed as he showed yesterday. The running game ran into brick walls time after time in the redzone late and Stafford made the throws needed to win.

I am of the opinion that Stafford's worst play this season has been when CJ was on the field. He locks in and takes needless shots to CJ. In doing so Stafford often puts the poor guy in harms way. Those awful throws become picks incompletes and injuries far too often.

Still, any QB is better with their number 1 target. Stafford has to remember he can't win the game in the 2nd quarter with desperate looking shots into triple coverage. Calvin will get his share and won't ever bitch on the sidelines. In fact Calvin always looks happier when other guys score.

I am encouraged by the recent play of Stafford. I hope he and the receivers continue to progress.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is doing enough to win and if he gets the Lions to 10 win then he has played great. Sometimes it's just playing within the system that makes a QB great.

Can Stafford throw for 400+ yards and 3 TDs ...yes.

Can Stafford throw for 400+ yards and a pick 6 that cost Detroit a game....yes.

I am not sure if it is Caldwell not wanting to make Stafford win games with his arm or the poor line play but the Lions are winning and they do enough to win.

So I will trade the Madden type stats I got used from I'm for real Ws.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bunch a thin skinned pussies the three amigos are.

Smitty has not discredited his talent completely. Tate did kick his cat. That is a douchie move IMO. Short Buns was a good cat.

Have I even posted in this excuse ridden shittyass thread?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has become a much better game manager this season. Unlike other classic game managers Stafford has the talent to take over a game when needed as he showed yesterday. The running game ran into brick walls time after time in the redzone late and Stafford made the throws needed to win.

I am of the opinion that Stafford's worst play this season has been when CJ was on the field. He locks in and takes needless shots to CJ. In doing so Stafford often puts the poor guy in harms way. Those awful throws become picks incompletes and injuries far too often.

Still, any QB is better with their number 1 target. Stafford has to remember he can't win the game in the 2nd quarter with desperate looking shots into triple coverage. Calvin will get his share and won't ever bitch on the sidelines. In fact Calvin always looks happier when other guys score.

I am encouraged by the recent play of Stafford. I hope he and the receivers continue to progress.

Rob?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only go by the season stats presented to me. Adjust the stats and I will give my statement on said stats.

I did adjust the stats. I saw that TP put "14 ints, 7 fumbles" in regards to what his season stats "could" be if he continued he same path. I initially took it as 7 LOST fumbles and thought no fucking way has he lost that many already. And I was right, he hasn't. He's only lost 1.

So I did a minute of research and found out that Stafford has only lost 1 fumble. Obviously zero turnovers is the goal, but here going to happen. Just gotta hope he cuts down on them is all.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am an unabashed stafford lover always will be. again with the stipulation he could always be more accurate when not throwing to calvin but yesterday was amazing and stafford and our dline are the only reason we won that game.

we had a total of 59 yards rushing yesterday about 10 of which came on the final 3 drives. the rest stafford was out there 4 or 5 wide picking apart the secondary getting drilled and making the plays happen. he is the only reason guys like fuller and ross became heroes yesterday. did he screw up on his 1st pick sure did, he also got us a huge 3rd and long completion to ross earlier by fitting it into a window that didn't exist. his 2nd pick would have been a TD if the PS piece of shit had moved with stafford as he was being flushed out of the pocket.

yes we got lucky with some calls but when you are missing 3 huge redzone targets ill take a bit of luck. when the game was on the line in the 4th qt we put the ball in stafford's hands and let him march us down the field 3 times in spread formations getting blasted without the thought of a run even being a possibility.

then again he should have found a way to throw somebody open on the 2nd pick so that we could say he should make safer decisions i get it. also in the interest of full disclosure i haven't read but the last page here i just wanted to make sure stafford got his mandatory blowjob after a win.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used to be Bondzai. I was a refuge from CBS (I hate even saying those letters). I've been pretty busy so I haven't posted here since last season.

I read this board rather than the newspapers.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, for the most part besides smitty and maybe 22, most of us agree that stafford has been doing ok but needs to improve. I think smitty and 22 have given up on him completely which is fine, I can see why they would feel that way. Not everyone has a legit eye for talent. Lets keep in mind though how much smitty hated tate though so his opinion is invalid, lol. Judging talent, he is not.I think most of is also are in agreeance that the offensive line is the biggest issue relative to their production currently.

Ps just fucking with both of you, smit and 22. And you know I always fuck with you gandy, curtains opened baby.

Nah man, I don't hate Stafford as much as Smitty hates Tate. Nor have I given up on him. I just feel he's at a point if he doesn't start to improve, then we should start planning ahead, similar to what the Chargers did with Brees.

Im not saying cut him or trade him, or even bench him. I may have, in anger, screamed to bench him at some point, but I know that's not logical, especially with one of the worst backups in the NFL.

I simply want a fire lit under him. Not this coddling and never ending train of excuses. People might not think of it as excuses, rather "logical reasoning", but it can't be when its been different things every time. Last year he did get adequate protection, and had Calvin most of the time, and still threw up bad performances. But people were blaming lack of weapons and coaches, and defense(which actually played well down the stretch). Now its OLine, and lack of weapons.

Like I said previously, I do expect the offense to start moving the ball better. But I've expected that before. Last year at this time(when ARod and Cutler got hurt) I said on the Lions Facebook page that if we didn't win the division, that Schwartz should be fired. I was lit up for saying that. And even I didn't expect Stafford to regress like he did.

Same thing here. We have a defense, and weapons added for Stafford. I'll give him the year to get acclimated to Lombardi. But if we can't get it done this year, we seriously have to take a look at the face of our franchise. Is that so absurd?