• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Flynn

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Bay is not really missing much on offense with Rodgers on the bench which raises the question. How much of their offense is really Rodgers? Is Matt Flynn just that good or is the entire Green Bay offense because of great play calling and WR's who can make plays?

I doubt this does much to hurt Rodgers chances at the MVP, but it makes me wonder how much of that team is because of him when his backup steps in and the team doesn't miss a beat.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we haven't seen a whole lot from him to date and it's hard to tell off of just this one game, but I really like how poised he is in the pocket. He looks confident and slides in and out of the pocket very well. He's had solid protection and an amazing cast of receivers, but the question to me is how much is he going to cost?

He's 25/36 - 402 yards passing - 5 TD's - 1 int.

This is the Lions Defense and pass rush as well. They aren't the best in the league, but they aren't a push over either.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
They know how to develope a QB, that's for damn sure.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Stafford lead Detroit to another comeback.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the backup comes in and throws 5 TDs too, it should cost Rodgers some votes.... obviously Rodgers doesn't have a ton of TDs because he's making gold out of lead. The Packers have an all around really good passing game, and tremendous luck in their favor... like the slowest 80 yard TD i've ever seen in my life.

I think Flynn just became one of the biggest Free Agents though. I'm not sure if the Packers can tag him, looking at Wikipedia, even the Transition Tag is a cool 12 million for QBs. Well, it was last year, and 9 Mil the year before... so he should just come at the cost of 60 million dollars, no draft picks.

I imagine that Miami will be very interested. Tampa Bay might be with a coaching change. Hell, maybe even the Vikings will take a look since they still need a QB. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake the 49ers did, when they passed on Brees in free agency because they just spent a 1st round pick on a QB. Oh shit, and I forgot about Seattle, they'll probably take a look at Flynn too

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bs call, Megatron caused that interference.

We may get to see Flynn in a 2 minute drill.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41 TDs and 5000 yards for Stafford. How the fuck is he not in the pro bowl?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Green Bay is not really missing much on offense with Rodgers on the bench which raises the question. How much of their offense is really Rodgers? Is Matt Flynn just that good or is the entire Green Bay offense because of great play calling and WR's who can make plays?

I doubt this does much to hurt Rodgers chances at the MVP, but it makes me wonder how much of that team is because of him when his backup steps in and the team doesn't miss a beat.

All I know is, a few weeks ago it was all about how Greg Jennings was carrying the team according to certain fans here...and he wasn't playing today.

Matt Flynn is good. Question answered.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41 TDs and 5000 yards for Stafford. How the fuck is he not in the pro bowl?

Probably the biggest snub in Pro-Bowl History... although he'll more than likely still play there when the Saints or Packers go to the Super Bowl

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If the backup comes in and throws 5 TDs too, it should cost Rodgers some votes.... obviously Rodgers doesn't have a ton of TDs because he's making gold out of lead. The Packers have an all around really good passing game, and tremendous luck in their favor... like the slowest 80 yard TD i've ever seen in my life.

I think Flynn just became one of the biggest Free Agents though. I'm not sure if the Packers can tag him, looking at Wikipedia, even the Transition Tag is a cool 12 million for QBs. Well, it was last year, and 9 Mil the year before... so he should just come at the cost of 60 million dollars, no draft picks.

I imagine that Miami will be very interested. Tampa Bay might be with a coaching change. Hell, maybe even the Vikings will take a look since they still need a QB. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake the 49ers did, when they passed on Brees in free agency because they just spent a 1st round pick on a QB. Oh shit, and I forgot about Seattle, they'll probably take a look at Flynn too

He wouldn't look any better than McNabb did. When they get some protection we'll be able to judge the QB situation here..

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see enough of Flynn today???? Oh, my bad, he threw an INT...yeah, we don't want to take a chance on him.

I saw the entire game. He had a great game. But don't believe it just yet.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the biggest snub in Pro-Bowl History... although he'll more than likely still play there when the Saints or Packers go to the Super Bowl

Yeah, he'll end up playing there when Rodgers and Brees back out. Pure robbery though that Eli was selected over him.